+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44 84 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Torre Must Go View Post
    Mazel Tov to Jesus Montero on a 4 for 4 evening at the plate and Noesi pitched pretty well in a losing effort against the Rays.

Pineda's performance thread won't be very long for this season. Mr. Cashman also wishes he didn't bring back Garcia.
    You should give updates for every player the Yankees traded and post it in the respective threads of those players they received.

That would be so awesome of you.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

It never fails. Plus I wouldn't consider a non-quality start as pitching "pretty well."

NYYF Legend

i guess it would be too much to ask to see this thread buried to page 2?
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

I would consider Noesi's line as pitching "pretty well" as he only gave up 1 run the rest of his outing after the first inning against a damn good team, granted minus Longoria, and had a much better line than any of our three veteran starters when we were in Tampa. Then when you factor in how many career starts Noesi has had so far, pretty good for him.

And I might just might take you up on posting updates on former Yankees doing well for other teams, wondering what might've been if Cashman didn't trade for Pineda, but only if you promise to continue reading and posting sacastic comments. Thanks for the advice and telling me what I should do. Feedback is always appreciated, very nice and so awesome of you as well!

Hurts when the shoe is on the other foot...
    [QUOTE=TheKillerB's]Bichette is going to be big, quote me on it.[/QUOTE]

Pineda's performance thread won't be very long for this season.
    Yea, it's only the most commented PT of the season.

Yea, for all the wrong reasons, not anything the player will be doing or performing on the field in 2012. It's probably the thread that was started the earliest as well and there was more intrigue since he came in a huge trade.

NYYF Legend

I would consider Noesi's line as pitching "pretty well" as he only gave up 1 run the rest of his outing after the first inning against a damn good team, granted minus Longoria, and had a much better line than any of our three veteran starters when we were in Tampa. Then when you factor in how many career starts Noesi has had so far, pretty good for him.
    Yes, it must be good for him as his ERA went down from 8.83 to 7.83. His ERA+ is raised to 49. I can see a big improvement in the future.

I don't know what Noesi is going to be, and my gut tells me neither do you. If you can, congrats. He pitched wll yesterday. He hasn't pitched well overall for them in his rookie season. We'll see what happens and I am rooting against him and Montero. The better they do, the worse the Yankees look in this trade for this season.And I would take that line against Tamps than what Garcia can give the team team and Hughes as well.

NYYF Legend

I don't know what Noesi is going to be, and my gut tells me neither do you. If you can, congrats. He pitched wll yesterday. He hasn't pitched well overall for them in his rookie season. We'll see what happens and I am rooting against him and Montero. The better they do, the worse the Yankees look in this trade for this season.And I would take that line against Tamps than what Garcia can give the team team and Hughes as well.
    1) I think he's going to be a pitcher better than 49 ERA+. But that's not saying much.

2) Garcia will always get the first shot before Noesi.

3) Talking about small sample size. Hughes actually has a better ERA+ so far.

And I might just might take you up on posting updates on former Yankees doing well for other teams, wondering what might've been if Cashman didn't trade for Pineda, but only if you promise to continue reading and posting sacastic comments. Thanks for the advice and telling me what I should do. Feedback is always appreciated, very nice and so awesome of you as well!
    There's probably a Mariners thread buried somewhere in ATM. You should post your Montero/Noesi updates there.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    There's probably a Mariners thread buried somewhere in ATM. You should post your Montero/Noesi updates there.
    Mariners thread unnecessary. We have "The Former Yankee Performance Thread" which is where all the Montero/Noesi posts should go.

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...ce-Thread-v4.0

But it won't matter. Since the day the trade was made, and especially since the injury, Michael Pineda's middle name might as well be Jesus Montero.

Was there any statement from the surgeon as to what he saw during the procedure and how he thought it all went?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Was there any statement from the surgeon as to what he saw during the procedure and how he thought it all went?
    Apparently the tendon has healed extra tight and upon moving his arm for the first time he smacked the doctor right in the nose at a high speed to which the doctor replied, "Funky Buttlovin!" I think this is a good sign for his fastball.

if only it was a tendon
    always reasonable

This is comically unreasonable. Besides, Hughes put up a better line against TB than Noesi. Sabathia may have too, if not for Longoria being on base 5 times. Plus, he only gave up one run after his first inning and then went 6 strong!

I assume this is directed at Mr. Coffee. But if Cashman didn't trade for Pineda, we'd have a WORSE team ERA thanks to Noesi and probably a worse team OPS thanks to Montero. Addition by subtraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    This is all I've heard. Seems like it went as expected.

Rehab doesn't start now. But it does. Basically.(WTF?)

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    This is all I've heard. Seems like it went as expected.

Rehab doesn't start now. But it does. Basically.(WTF?)
    Maybe they mean that he can, and should, use the arm to do everyday stuff but the strengthening work will come later on. I'm sure the docs have told the team more than this...usually some sports reporter tries to pry this kind of information out of the front office.
    Let the kids play.

Devoted Member

You should give updates for every player the Yankees traded and post it in the respective threads of those players they received.

That would be so awesome of you.
    And you should reflexively defend the Montero for Pineda trade at every turn. That would be awesome of you.

Why does it bother you so much when people point out that the Yankees made a disastrous trade that will haunt them for years? Because you supported it based on some screwed up notion of "value" that only the really smart people understand?

Alot of us thought this trade was bull................ at the time and we were right - and we'll continue to point that out despite the folks here who keep telling us to move on.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    And you should reflexively defend the Montero for Pineda trade at every turn. That would be awesome of you.

Why does it bother you so much when people point out that the Yankees made a disastrous trade that will haunt them for years? Because you supported it based on some screwed up notion of "value" that only the really smart people understand?

Alot of us thought this trade was bull................ at the time and we were right - and we'll continue to point that out despite the folks here who keep telling us to move on.
    That remains to be seen unless you're some kind of soothsayer.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Apparently the tendon has healed extra tight and upon moving his arm for the first time he smacked the doctor right in the nose at a high speed to which the doctor replied, "Funky Buttlovin!" I think this is a good sign for his fastball.
    Did no one get my Rookie of the Year reference? Or was it just that bad?

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    That remains to be seen unless you're some kind of soothsayer.
    And this is the argument that baffles me. No it doesn't look good right now. But how does anyone on either side know what the future will hold for Pineda? Yes it's very possible that he will never be the same pitcher, but it is also very possible he will be. Time will tell.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post

We're a long way from determining a winner in this trade, but right now I'm going to go ahead and pretend it's a bust just for you--

"Wow, you were against the trade and it didn't work out? OMG you were right all along! Are you some kind of wizard? Look how awesome you are!"

Is that what you're looking for? Otherwise I don't see the point of guys posting Montero stats and repeating ad nauseum how they were against the trade. Nobody cares. Everyone here has an opinion about every move and non-move the team makes. You may have gotten one right-- so what? Are you so insecure that you need constant praise and recognition for this?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

We're a long way from determining a winner in this trade, but right now I'm going to go ahead and pretend it's a bust just for you--

"Wow, you were against the trade and it didn't work out? OMG you were right all along! Are you some kind of wizard? Look how awesome you are!"

Is that what you're looking for? Otherwise I don't see the point of guys posting Montero stats and repeating ad nauseum how they were against the trade. Nobody cares. Everyone here has an opinion about every move and non-move the team makes. You may have gotten one right-- so what? Are you so insecure that you need constant praise and recognition for this?
    While it is true that Pineda could come back and even return to form OR Campos could develop into a star down the road, it is also possible that Montero will develop into a star and Noesi could become a useful starter. Sure nothing is for certain, the jury has not made it's final judgement. But to me, how damaging this trade is to the Yankees is the primary question for 2012. It's simply not an "I told you so, coulda, woulda, shoulda issue". I believe it does not matter what combination of final results wind up at the end of the story. The loss of such a valuable bat and trade chip, plus the void created in the starting rotation hurts beyond just the trade itself. Where the Yankees should have had big time momentum going into the 2012 season, they instead have fewer good trade options. Keeping Montero would have kept the middle of the batting order younger and more robust. Where people were questioning why we were trading for a starter when we could have plugged in Phelps, Mitchell, and Warren, well we did so anyways. I see this RIGHT NOW as a trade with compounding repercussions. Yes, it's early and yes, next year is alwaysa nice to have, but what about this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Finnigan View Post
    While it is true that Pineda could come back and even return to form OR Campos could develop into a star down the road, it is also possible that Montero will develop into a star and Noesi could become a useful starter. Sure nothing is for certain, the jury has not made it's final judgement. But to me, how damaging this trade is to the Yankees is the primary question for 2012. It's simply not an "I told you so, coulda, woulda, shoulda issue". I believe it does not matter what combination of final results wind up at the end of the story. The loss of such a valuable bat and trade chip, plus the void created in the starting rotation hurts beyond just the trade itself. Where the Yankees should have had big time momentum going into the 2012 season, they instead have fewer good trade options. Keeping Montero would have kept the middle of the batting order younger and more robust. Where people were questioning why we were trading for a starter when we could have plugged in Phelps, Mitchell, and Warren, well we did so anyways. I see this RIGHT NOW as a trade with compounding repercussions. Yes, it's early and yes, next year is alwaysa nice to have, but what about this year?
    How do you know if Cashman still isn't able to improve this ballclub mid-season? You're right, he doesn't have Montero, but that doesn't mean he's block from doing anything to improve the club.

Thread Information