+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 111 FirstFirst ... 28 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2768

Re: 2012 Michael Pineda Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Hey, it's not as absurd sounding as the other stuff in this thread. I'll admit it was baiting. The thing is, no one notices any of the positive things said unless someone is a smartass or makes outlandish comments. People see and hear exactly what they want to see and hear.
    Outside of this not being a torn rotator cuff, there really is no way to spin anything else as a positive.

Its definetly not a positive. I'm just not ready to call the trade a "win" or "loss" yet. There are some out there who have already put it in the L column.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Outside of this not being a torn rotator cuff, there really is no way to spin anything else as a positive.
    Agreed. Any positive spin is really just polishing a t##d. This is pretty much a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Its definetly not a positive. I'm just not ready to call the trade a "win" or "loss" yet. There are some out there who have already put it in the L column.
    And those people are absurd. If Pineda died in a car accident they'd still be calling for Cashman's head, I'd assume.

NYYF Legend

Hey, it's not as absurd sounding as the other stuff in this thread. I'll admit it was baiting. The thing is, no one notices any of the positive things said unless someone is a smartass or makes outlandish comments. People see and hear exactly what they want to see and hear.
    It's hard to take anything positive out of the fact we lost Pineda for the year to a shoulder injury. I am generally a positive fan, but let's call a spade a spade. Is there a chance Pineda returns to form? Of course. The fact remains the Yankees will not have him for 2012, and that hurts their chances of winning the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber999 View Post
    Agreed. Any positive spin is really just polishing a t##d. This is pretty much a disaster.
    Not yet, it isn't. You have to see how he recovers from surgery.

I'm not ready to say "disaster" or "devastating" but it's most definitely concerning. Anyone that tries to say otherwise is either baiting or just delusional.

And those people are absurd. If Pineda died in a car accident they'd still be calling for Cashman's head, I'd assume.
    This is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I am generally a positive fan, but let's call a spade a spade.
    Whoa whoa whoa-- there's no need for that kind of talk.

/kidding
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

This is absurd.
    I'm calling it like I see it. It's like when Joba got hurt playing with his kid. "MLB PITCHERS SHOULDNT BE LET WITHIN A QUARTER MILE OF A MOTORIZED VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON! FIRE CASHMAN NOW!"

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    At this point it's a loss. Even if Pineda eventually comes back, he's unlikely to be fully recovered before the 2014 season. That leaves the Yankees with maybe 3 good years of team control, while the Mariners get 6 of Montero.

As for the time-table ....

If we're fortunate and he does make a full recovery, when can we realistically expect him back next year?

I know they say its a year, but it probably takes longer to get him back on the hill.

Around the All-Star break?

I'm calling it like I see it. It's like when Joba got hurt playing with his kid. "MLB PITCHERS SHOULDNT BE LET WITHIN A QUARTER MILE OF A MOTORIZED VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON! FIRE CASHMAN NOW!"
    You truly think people will blame Cashman if Pineda died in a car accident? It's funny that you call people's opinions absurd & then say something like that.

I don't recall anyone blaming Cashman for Joba hurting his ankle. Feel free to direct me to those posts.

NYYF MVP

You truly think people will blame Cashman if Pineda died in a car accident? It's funny that you call people's opinions absurd & then say something like that.
    Nothing in this thread or others have demonstrated to me otherwise. One must only look back on the nearly 80 pages of intellectually stimulating debate on the pros and cons of a Mr. Michael Pineda to see exactly what I am talking about.

He's still on arb clock. We can still get four productive years out of him, for even cheaper to boot.

With how packed our rotation is this year, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Nice one.

I also would have accepted the other guy going 'sheeeeeeeeeeeiiiiittt'.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by dave8274 View Post
    At this point it's a loss. Even if Pineda eventually comes back, he's unlikely to be fully recovered before the 2014 season. That leaves the Yankees with maybe 3 good years of team control, while the Mariners get 6 of Montero.
    DL time doesn't count against the clock.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grizy View Post
    He's still on arb clock. We can still get four productive years out of him.

With how packed our rotation is this year, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.
    Well, I think that's a reach, unless your name is Phil Hughes
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

He's still on arb clock. We can still get four productive years out of him.

Come on grizy. No shoulder surgery can possibly be seen as a blessing in disguise.

And btw, how packed IS our rotation? Garcia is horrible, Hughes is Hughes and Pettitte is 40 years old and coming out of retirement.

I said may.

Also, snapple may be exaggerating but I actually think he's right people would call the trade a loss even if Pineda was run over by a car instead of DLed by injury.

I'm going to the exact same extremes as other posters. And of course I am exaggerating by crap loads over how I actually feel. There are subsets of fans that can NEVER be pleased, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to do so. So, I'll just continue the debate with something they'll understand.

I'm a bit bothered, because this is exactly why people tend to HATE Yankee fans. I live in Michigan, my dad, brothers and wife-in-a-month are the only Yankee fans I know. People loathe Yankee fans because of the attitudes that are displayed in this thread. Most of the people sticking around to continue posting and discussing are fine. It's the drop by "Cashman made a bad trade. We lose. Fire cashman" posts that I am addressing. People expecting the GM of ANY team to win all of their trades is just asinine (Hank Hill asinine).

Coffee had a great point that he traded someone who didn't really have a place on the team (I get that it's up for debate). I think that the FO was probably thinking "hey, we might not be able to sell any higher than right now" and got what they could. That's absolutely their call.

You cannot call this trade as a win or loss yet. I'll step away from this thread to cool down, but I thought I'd say what is bothering me so much. It's only fair to you guys, and to myself, for perspective's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    DL time doesn't count against the clock.
    Sure it does. Players accrue service time on the DL.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

I said may.

Also, snapple may be exaggerating but I actually think he's right people would call the trade a loss even if Pineda was run over by a car instead of DLed by injury.
    Given some of the posts on here, I'd have to say I agree with you
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF MVP

I'm going to the exact same extremes as other posters. And of course I am exaggerating by crap loads over how I actually feel. There are subsets of fans that can NEVER be pleased, and I'm not going to waste my time trying to do so. So, I'll just continue the debate with something they'll understand.

I'm a bit bothered, because this is exactly why people tend to HATE Yankee fans. I live in Michigan, my dad, brothers and wife-in-a-month are the only Yankee fans I know. People loathe Yankee fans because of the attitudes that are displayed in this thread. Most of the people sticking around to continue posting and discussing are fine. It's the drop by "Cashman made a bad trade. We lose. Fire cashman" posts that I am addressing. People expecting the GM of ANY team to win all of their trades is just asinine (Hank Hill asinine).

Coffee had a great point that he traded someone who didn't really have a place on the team (I get that it's up for debate). I think that the FO was probably thinking "hey, we might not be able to sell any higher than right now" and got what they could. That's absolutely their call.

You cannot call this trade as a win or loss yet. I'll step away from this thread to cool down, but I thought I'd say what is bothering me so much. It's only fair to you guys, and to myself, for perspective's sake.
    All fanbases have fans that say dumb things.

Let's move on.

Homerific fans are just as bad as pessimistic fans you're all the same to me.

Thread Information