19 59.38%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Divisional Playoffs! Who Will Win? NY Giants at Green Bay

Which team wins?

NYYF Legend

Re: Divisional Playoffs! Who Will Win? NY Giants at Green Bay

Going with my Pack. I like and respect the Giants. We've played in a LOT of championship games in our proud histories. The Giants are really coming together and that pass rush is ferocious. For my Pack, we will have Jennings back and should have Bulaga & Tauscher back, also. This should be one helluva game. GO PACK GO!!!

This is a bit of a homer pick....but Giants. Seriously though, the way the Giants are clicking....I think this game is a toss up.

NYYF Legend

I have a good feeling about the Giants.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

I love the Giants, but picked Green Bay. But I think it will be closer than the gamblers do...

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

I'm fine with either of them winning. Like Mike said, this game between the Packers and the Giants is a tossup.

Aaron Rogers and company have home field, but Tom Coughlin, Eli Manning have been in Lambeau's frozen tundra before and won in the 2007 NFC Championship Game in OT and the Giants narrowly lost to the Pack at Metlife Stadium.

I think it's going to come down to the running game, turnovers and whose pass rush is more effective in getting in the QB's face.

NYYF Legend

I'm goping with my G-men, only because the D-line is finally 100% healthy and clicking and Jacobs/Bradshaw seem to be running like an effective 1/2 combo. However, if the Pack O-line can slow down the rush enough though, I still don't like our LBs & DBs in coverage against the Pack's many weapons.

I could see the Giants winning, but I think there's a significantly better chance that the Pack will. I don't know if the Giants secondary can stop Rodgers.

NYYF Legend

I think the Giants are peaking at the right time and have a decent chance of upsetting the Packers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I think the Giants are peaking at the right time and have a decent chance of upsetting the Packers.
    Yeah, definitely have a good shot with their players finally showing up. But Green Bay is still the heavy favorite

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I could see the Giants winning, but I think there's a significantly better chance that the Pack will. I don't know if the Giants secondary can stop Rodgers.
    I think it will take a huge effort from the Giants defensive line to put constant pressure on Rodgers for the Giants to win the game. Are they capable of that effort? Sure they are but I also believe there will be enough opportunity given to Rodgers to make big plays that the Packers will win. I guess we'll see how it shakes out on Sunday.

If Osi, Tuck and JPP are on, I think we pretty much just run 4 man rush every play and hope the secondaries don't suck it up.

If they aren't on, I don't think it matters if we got a working crystal ball predicting Packers' offensive calls.

NYYF Legend

I think the Giants have all the momentum in the world, and will pull this one out in a tight game.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    I think the Giants have all the momentum in the world, and will pull this one out in a tight game.
    I picked the Giants as well. But it's a total homer pick. They'll have to play a flawless game.

NYYF Legend

Would serve the Packers right for taking their foot off the gas. How did that work out for you, '09 Colts?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    I picked the Giants as well. But it's a total homer pick. They'll have to play a flawless game.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Tamland View Post
    I look at it this way. The team was in a state of disarray when they played in the reg season. Injuries all over the place and they just werent playing well. And they still took GB to the final play, and that was with them getting screwed by the refs several times in that game as well.

I understand GB is home this time....but now they catch the Giants flying high. They are playing great and more importantly they are as healthy as they have been all year. I really believe this is a 50/50 game.

NYYF Legend

But don't forget, chances are always good that the Giants inexplicably don't show up to play like in most of the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    But don't forget, chances are always good that the Giants inexplicably don't show up to play like in most of the regular season
    almost every failure they had this season was extremely explicable though (and in recent years, it's usually been the same way, despite the heart! fire! chemistry! arguments).

the OL mostly sucks and sabotaged them completely in a few games while the Giants' defense finding any real success is based entirely on their DL playing outstandingly, which didn't exactly happen for a considerable part of the season -- in large part due to Tuck's injury issues.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by unfamous loser View Post
    almost every failure they had this season was extremely explicable though (and in recent years, it's usually been the same way, despite the heart! fire! chemistry! arguments).

the OL mostly sucks and sabotaged them completely in a few games while the Giants' defense finding any real success is based entirely on their DL playing outstandingly, which didn't exactly happen for a large part of the season due, in particular, to Tuck's injury issues.
    Oh yeah baby, they sure played their hearts out against the Redskins. Wow what an effort, I mean WOW, what a thing of beauty. They should win the Super Bowl for that game alone, people who say the Giants didn't play with any fire are idiots...

the Giants lost to the Redskins the first time because their OL was a disaster (hell, McKenzie was so bad, he was even partly to mostly responsible for the INT) and the DL didn't play well on the whole, at least not enough so to mask what was going on behind them. they lost the second time because the OL was only slightly less terrible, Eli didn't rise above the crap he was given, and the DL was mediocre most of the day, which, as usual, exposed the backend of their defense. I'm not sure where more fire, heart, etc. would have solved anything in either of those games. was more fire going to heal Tuck quicker? was more effort going to turn back the clock to 2008 for the OL?

the reality is that the Giants have some gaping holes on their team. sometimes, those holes play above their means for stretches or, more usually, the talent in other spots rises up and covers them. other times, they get exposed and exposed badly. it's generally why the team has the ups and downs it does and why they were never going to be more than a 7-9/8-8/9-7 team this year.

NYYF Legend

I will give you this, the Giants tend to play down or up to their opponents. If they were playing the Rams I'd be worried, but with the Packers I expect a pretty good fight

NYG took GB down to the last second on Dec 4, that was with injuries all over. Boley just came back, Blackburn was just signed, no Osi, Tuck was hurting and Herzlich got the start. If the NYG team that has played the past three weeks shows up, the Giants will win. The Giants offense can go toe to toe with GB. its all about defense in January.

NYYF MVP

Even with my insane hate for everything from WI, I'm still going with the Packers and I don't even think it's gonna be close. Cause of the KC loss and playing some blah games at the end of the season I think people are really forgetting just how good this Packers team is.

GB 35 NY 17

NYYF Legend

It's a battle between the Giants suddenly clicking pass rush and the Packers finally healthy O-line. Who wins this battle will take the game.

Thread Information