+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

If you were in a 7X7 H2H Yahoo league, and had Aramis Ramirez at 3rd, would you drop Moustakis to pick up Matt Moore? I would like to have some more pitching depth and Moore seems to be getting on track and his upside is obviously tremendous. But due to Moustakis' decent season and recent surge I'm a tad hesitant to just let him go. Have tried to trade him with a couple of teams that need a 3B with no luck. I feel like I should just bite the bullet and do it but I need that extra push. or for someone to tell me I'm a frigging idiot and not even consider it.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Moore's 50 BBs in 100 IP would worry me. I don't think you are an idiot if you do it but I don't think it is a move I would make. Is it standard 5x5 with 2 additional cats? Is so what 2 cats, that might change my thinking.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

R
    HR
    RBI
    SB
    BB
    TB
    AVG

W
    L
    SV
    K
    HLD
    ERA
    WHIP

The thing is that Moustakis will never be started over Ramirez unless something happens or if he has a day off and Moustakis is playing. Where Moore, with the right matchup, would be activated.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Mid season changes to my roto team
    *Traded Ervin Santana for Ryan Zimmerman (to replace Chris Davis). So far a win.
    *Picked up Neil Walker off waivers to replace Ackley. Win.
    *Swapped out Ellis for Rosario. We shall see, Rosario is a beast at times. Ellis was just too streaky.
    *Been starting Revere over Cespedes just because of Cespedes' hamstring issues. Can't take them anymore, although I know he's going to tear it up soon.
    *Picked up Liriano (so far so good)

Shot up 2 spots in the standings. Lincecum, Lee, and Fister have been destroying my pitching and I was too shaky at a few positions. I think Zimmerman is a huge win. Neil Walker seems to be a win. I hope Liriano continues. If Hammel can stay healthy and Lee continues to win games I think I'm good.

F*cking Lincecum. I swear.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Hammel was on a losing streak before the knee injury last night. Otherwise I like the moves. Would still look to upgrade 2B as I wouldn't trust Walker too much.

I just dealt Hart/Sale for CC/Craig

Hoping Craig stays healthy and continues to get ABs even with Berkman back.

Berkman & Either both came off the DL for me so I have a surplus of OF now. I'm trying to deal good volume to the 11th place team for Braun but I think he wants too much, even for Braun.
    Baseball is life;

Well I held on to Ackley in case he surges like last year. But I needed an upgrade and the guy who had Walker dropped him because Utley came off the DL. Weird move but okay with me. Hammell has been okay for me it the cats except for W. I'm still getting a good ERA/WHIP and QS out of him, and a decent k/9 ratio. I'm basically punting Wins this year, as you can see form my staff I get none.

Wow you sold Sale? I haven't met a person who has even considered it.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Well it wasn't so much selling Sale as buying the CC/Craig combo. Sale/Weaver/Dickey have fueled my top ranked staff that leads in W/L/ERA/WHIP but Sale is going into uncharted waters wrt IP. Don't get me wrong, keeper no way I make that deal but I'll take the more certainty of CC over the continued upside of Sale and a get a 2B I need in the process in a re-draft.

Plus I'm a Yankee fan and hes a WSox fan so it appealed to out homerism.
    Baseball is life;

Ahhh... gotcha. Yeah if not a keeper league then I understand. You're right he may hit a wall like Ogando did. I agree that you're safer with CC the rest of the year.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Who else was in first place thanks to Stanton, Votto and Bautista? And who else is in a world of hurt now? Sigh.....

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Who else was in first place thanks to Stanton, Votto and Bautista? And who else is in a world of hurt now? Sigh.....
    Ouch if you lost all 3. Votto & Bautista were 1st rounders in both my leagues. The Votto injury will hurt me.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Welcome back CC and Doc. I've missed you.

NYYF Legend

Bobby Parnell is starting to make me miss Frank Francisco
    Baseball is life;

I sure picked up Edison Volquez at the right time.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I sure picked up Edison Volquez at the right time.
    Same here with Liriano. He's been great so far.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Is anyone scared of Bautista's wrist injury? I am getting trade offers for him (I got Kershaw and Plouffe, or Prado and Shields) and am currently in first place.....I dont want to over-react and trade him but I also want to stay in first place!

NYYF Legend

Is anyone scared of Bautista's wrist injury? I am getting trade offers for him (I got Kershaw and Plouffe, or Prado and Shields) and am currently in first place.....I dont want to over-react and trade him but I also want to stay in first place!
    Redraft or keeper.

This late with a wrist injury DL I'd probably jump on Kershaw/Plouffe for Joey Bats in a redraft.

Keeper not so clear cut.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Redraft or keeper.

This late with a wrist injury DL I'd probably jump on Kershaw/Plouffe for Joey Bats in a redraft.

Keeper not so clear cut.
    It is a keeper league, but the keepers get thrown back every three years. Next year will be the last year before the league does a total re-draft....... I actually was just offered Ryan Howard, Kershaw and Plouffe for Bautista (I have had Hosmer sucking it up all year for me).

NYYF Legend

It is a keeper league, but the keepers get thrown back every three years. Next year will be the last year before the league does a total re-draft....... I actually was just offered Ryan Howard, Kershaw and Plouffe for Bautista (I have had Hosmer sucking it up all year for me).
    Do you have a decent chance at winning this year? If so do it. Flags fly forever.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Do you have a decent chance at winning this year? If so do it. Flags fly forever.
    Yeah I am in first place right now so I have a great chance of winning, and don't want to lose that chance in case Bautista's wrist is messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Same here with Liriano. He's been great so far.
    Yeah I grabbed him off the wire once I heard he was going back in the rotation.

NYYF Legend

What to do about Johan Santana? As good as he was in the six months, his last few starts have been a disaster. Is it time to dump him?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    What to do about Johan Santana? As good as he was in the six months, his last few starts have been a disaster. Is it time to dump him?
    I packaged him with Samardzija when the going was good back in May for Choo and haven't looked back. The guy can still pitch, but coming off shoulder surgery who knows when he's going to hit the wall and how hard (could be right now). I'd see if he can give you a good start next outing and then try to flip him.

So I dropped Trout before the season started, figuring he'd be a late-season call up at best due to the Hunter-Wells-Bourjos-Abreu-Kendry-Trumbo logjam. Sometimes you can be a prisoner to tying up a roster spot for a kid that takes forever to get the call (Desmond Jennings).

Thank God I'm in second place battling for first after capitalizing on pickups of Lance Lynn/Alex Rios and drafting Chris Sale late.

Nope, this still sucks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    So I dropped Trout before the season started, figuring he'd be a late-season call up at best due to the Hunter-Wells-Bourjos-Abreu-Kendry-Trumbo logjam. Sometimes you can be a prisoner to tying up a roster spot for a kid that takes forever to get the call (Desmond Jennings).

Thank God I'm in second place battling for first after capitalizing on pickups of Lance Lynn/Alex Rios and drafting Chris Sale late.

Nope, this still sucks.

Yeah, he was unsigned in my league until the callup, I chose Trout over Harper. Along with Austin Jackson, two of my best FA pickups this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Rios is my hero this year.

Thread Information