+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

Quote Originally Posted by parkerstrong View Post
    I traded him for an 8th round pick when the season started.....and I'm good with it. I just traded the 8th round pick for Lance Berkman so it worked out well for me.
    If that is a keeper league you are going to regret that.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    If that is a keeper league you are going to regret that.
    Not in my keeper league. If I want to keep Heyward next year, he would cost me a 5th round pick.....and to keep him in 2014 it would cost me a 3rd round pick. No thanks.....I can keep Berkman in the 14th round next year if I want. Pretty easy decision

(Berkman was kept in the 18th round last year-14th round keeper next year.....Heyward was not kept-drafted in 7th round so he is a 5th round keeper next year)
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Yeah but Casilla closed last year when Wilson was nursing an injury. I agree Romo is the better choice but we'll see how that shakes out.
    Casilla closed when Wilson was out with an injury because Romo was also out with an injury at the same time. I think Bochy is going to Romo with the first save chance and see what happens (he gets the save, he keeps the job-he fails Casilla gets a shot)-otherwise he wouldn't have brought Casilla in the 8th inning of a tie game the other night. That is not a situation where you use your closer.

Hey need some advice in a points league that does NOT penalize strikeouts.

I send Hosmer, Longoria, Minor, Boesch for Stanton, McCutchen and Reynolds. I have Bautista to slot in at third, would use Reynolds at first and already have Beltran in the OF. I also have some nice pitching depth (Kennedy, Bum, Romero, Garza, Ubaldo, Beachy, Sale) so the loss of Minor wouldn't hurt too much.

What do you all think?

NYYF Legend

I guess it depends on the point scoring but Stanton & McCutchen were basically 3rd round picks in 12 teamer and Long 2nd rounder. So I'd probably pull the trigger given what you have. Seems like a good buy low on Giancarlo.

Not sure how crazy I'd be rolling iwth Renolds as my everyday 1B even with no K penalty but I'd still probably do that deal more often than not.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

I guess it depends on the point scoring but Stanton & McCutchen were basically 3rd round picks in 12 teamer and Long 2nd rounder. So I'd probably pull the trigger given what you have. Seems like a good buy low on Giancarlo.

Not sure how crazy I'd be rolling iwth Renolds as my everyday 1B even with no K penalty but I'd still probably do that deal more often than not.
    Yeah the league gives 6 points for a homer, 1 for a hit, 2 for double, 3 for triple, 1 for a walk, 1 for RBI, 1 for Run Scored, 1 for SB, -1 for GIDP, -1 for CS. I am leaning towards accepting it to since I think Reynolds can keep pace with Hosmer points-wise given that he will hit 30+ homers (hopefully), and Stanton and McCutchen are solid OF's to pair with Beltran. I also have Smoak as potential Reynolds insurance.

NYYF Legend

I just traded Beltran for Latos. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Hey need some advice in a points league that does NOT penalize strikeouts.

I send Hosmer, Longoria, Minor, Boesch for Stanton, McCutchen and Reynolds. I have Bautista to slot in at third, would use Reynolds at first and already have Beltran in the OF. I also have some nice pitching depth (Kennedy, Bum, Romero, Garza, Ubaldo, Beachy, Sale) so the loss of Minor wouldn't hurt too much.

What do you all think?
    I like it. Plus I think that Longoria is pretty overrated in fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I just traded Beltran for Latos. Thoughts?
    Good buy low on Latos and sell high on Beltran. I am assuming Latos turns things around, even though he can't benefit from being at Petco anymore. I have Beltran as well, he has been playing amazing. Makes me nervous because no way he can keep it up and I don't want to be around for the eventual drop-off.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Good buy low on Latos and sell high on Beltran. I am assuming Latos turns things around, even though he can't benefit from being at Petco anymore. I have Beltran as well, he has been playing amazing. Makes me nervous because no way he can keep it up and I don't want to be around for the eventual drop-off.
    Thanks, I agree. My only issue is that I did the same thing with Berkman last year (sold high on him early) and he ended up having a Berkman 2004 type of year. I needed to trade excess offense for pitching, however.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Thanks, I agree. My only issue is that I did the same thing with Berkman last year (sold high on him early) and he ended up having a Berkman 2004 type of year. I needed to trade excess offense for pitching, however.
    Having taken a swift kick to the groin with my teams ERA on Latos, me no likey. Could work for you but Great Am HR park not Petco. Beltran has OPS'd over 900 2 of the past 3 seasons. You may regret this one.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Having taken a swift kick to the groin with my teams ERA on Latos, me no likey. Could work for you but Great Am HR park not Petco. Beltran has OPS'd over 900 2 of the past 3 seasons. You may regret this one.
    It was worth a chance. My lineup still consists of (12 team roto) - Wieters, Prince, Pedroia, Longoria, Jeter, Tex, Hamilton, Choo, Fowler, Pena (UTL). Going to pick an OF off waivers. Last week I discussed with you trading Tex for a top-ish SP. I feel more comfortable trading Beltran for a mid-tier SP.

I'm looking at Schaefer to help me with SB's

NYYF Legend

So did the Canadian Bear turn the corner or is it just his normal NYS dominace?

I'm trying to decide if I should cut Ike Davis (3 HRs in the past 4 game) or Drew Stubbs (sub mendoza but I claimed him like a week ago) and pick up Justin. Right now both Davis & Stubbs are bench guys for me and Morneau would be too unless he regains form or one of my OF slumps.

So basically we are talking Mon/Tue fillin. which 2 of the 3 would you prefer to roster?
    Baseball is life;

So did the Canadian Bear turn the corner or is it just his normal NYS dominace?

I'm trying to decide if I should cut Ike Davis (3 HRs in the past 4 game) or Drew Stubbs (sub mendoza but I claimed him like a week ago) and pick up Justin. Right now both Davis & Stubbs are bench guys for me and Morneau would be too unless he regains form or one of my OF slumps.

So basically we are talking Mon/Tue fillin. which 2 of the 3 would you prefer to roster?
    I would probably hold onto Stubbs and Davis over Morneau, and wait atleast a week to see if he continues to hit or if he just loves hitting in Yankee Stadium.

I wasn't expecting much from Jose Tabata, but he's murdered my team in these first 3 weeks by being an absolute frickin ZERO.

NYYF Triple Crown

Verlander for Jared Weaver, Hunter Pence, and Manny Machado.

Got a bat and replaced him with another Ace. Also got a real good prospect. Can't really complain about this trade...right?

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

NYYF Legend

I like it.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post

Got a bat and replaced him with another Ace. Also got a real good prospect. Can't really complain about this trade...right?
    Love it for you.

NYYF Legend

Thats an unbelievable trade for you.....wouldn't be surprised if some jealous owners look to veto. Usually you always want the best player in a trade, but that is quite a haul.

Big win. I love Jered Weaver in fantasy and actually think he is a little underrated for an ace type.

Wanna pick up Mike Minor, but can't decide if I want to drop Chris Sale, Ubaldo, or Ted Lilly

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Wanna pick up Mike Minor, but can't decide if I want to drop Chris Sale, Ubaldo, or Ted Lilly
    Tough call.
    I like Sale a lot so I wouldn't drop him but if this is H2H Sale might get shutdown come playoff time.

Do you have a scrub bench guy you could cut for Minor and then shop Sale?
    Baseball is life;

Tough call.
    I like Sale a lot so I wouldn't drop him but if this is H2H Sale might get shutdown come playoff time.

Do you have a scrub bench guy you could cut for Minor and then shop Sale?
    Montero is my only bench player, and that's because he's not qualified at catcher yet. Brett Myers would be easy to drop if he didn't qualify as a starter. Addison Reed could go, but holds count in this league.

One option would be trading ubaldo or sale for better draft picks next year (it's a keeper league)

Jarrod Parker starting for the A's Wednesday. Worth a flier if you have room.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

That michelin ad on mlb.com gameday is driving me crazy. Every time I check on a game for one of my fantasy players, that ad covers up the pitching info .... I may have to switch to cbs sports line.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

Thread Information