+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Dump Buck & Callaspo and cycle SP with those two spots.
    thanks. dumpin Callaspo for a young SP with good upside but keepin Buck til I see Posey hit. Buck will have a good year. I could easily trade em in a 20-team
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    thanks. dumpin Callaspo for a young SP with good upside but keepin Buck til I see Posey hit. Buck will have a good year. I could easily trade em in a 20-team
    Good luck trading a catcher in 20 teamer unless you have a top 3 catcher.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Did a draft last night in my keeper league (a league in which I didn't do too well in last year). We have a farm team too. It is 6x6 roto (OBP instead of AVG, SLG and Holds) head to head. 15 teams.

Keepers: Braun, Crawford, Bruce, King Felix, CC. (Smoak as Young Keeper)
    Farm team is: Jesus Montero, Manny Banuelos, Miguel Sano, Dellin Betances, Zack Cox, Dylan Bundy, Oscar Taveres, Mason Williams, Rymer Liriano and Jonathan Schoop

Roster:

C. Chris Iannetta
    1B. Ike Davis
    2B. Michael Cuddyer
    3B. Edwin Encarnacion
    SS. Yunel Escobar
    OF. Ryan Braun
    OF. Jay Bruce
    OF. Carl Crawford
    Util. David Ortiz
    BN. Kendrys Morales
    BN. Justin Smoak
    BN. Jesus Montero
    BN. Nyjer Morgan
    BN. John Mayberry
    BN. Wilson Betemit

SP. Felix
    SP. CC
    RP. Mariano Rivera
    RP. Brandon League
    P. Tyler Clippard
    P. David Robertson
    P. Mike Adams
    P. Matt Capps
    P. Brett Myers
    P. Brian Fuentes
    P. Joel Peralta

Once Montero gains eligibility he will slot in at C. On Yahoo, Morales qualifies in the OF, so if he proves healthy and Crawford continues his suck, he will see a lot of playing time there. I love Cuddyer at 2B.

As far as pitching goes, I decided to just go basically with with all relievers. I am basically punting wins and Ks, but each week I should be in very good shape for Saves, Holds, ERA and WHIP.

What does everyone think?
    I'm not a big fan of punting 2 cats each week, especially when you are relying on ratios to cary you other picthing stats where one closer blowup can torpedo your strategy. Nothing wrong with the strategy per se, just not one I like.

How do you do H2H with an odd number of teams?

Overall not bad for a 15 teamer though I don't think Wilson Benemit has any business being roster on any fantasy team.

And while you did load up on closer you have 3 of the absolute worst in MLB in Capps, Fuentes & Myers. Do a lot of praying with those 3. Your setup guys should destroy the holds cat every week.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

I want to help answer most of these questions for the 15-20 team leagues, but it's so hard for me to wrap my head around it since anytime I've been in these large leagues, I was terrible.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I feel like I drafted well last night for our 20 team league. You dont need to give advice, but just a general "it was an okay draft" or comment like that would be nice (doesnt have to be positive)

20 team H2H

batting - R, RBI, HR, AVG, OPS, SB
    pitching - W, ERA, WHIP, HLD, SV, K

C-Mike Napoli
    1B- Mark Teixeira (only Yankee I got)
    2B- Ian Kinsler
    3B- Ryan Roberts (dude's gonna breakout, I tell ya what)
    SS- Ian Desmond
    OF- Angel Pagan
    OF- Ben Revere
    OF- Jason Bourgeios
    Util- Miguel Olivo (c)
    BN- Sean Rodriguez (2b, 3b, ss)
    BN - Rajai Davis (of)
    BN - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    BN - Juan Pierre (of)

SP- Tim Hudson
    SP- Colby Lewis
    RP- Craig Kimbrel
    RP- Jose Valverde
    P- Heath Bell
    P- Brandon League
    P- Sergio Santos
    BN/SP- Aaron Harang

I feel like I drafted well early, got mixed up in the middle, but finished strong. The weak OF and SS are the result of overlooking bats for closers. I hope it pans out, if not, I'm f-ed.
    Too much speed, not enough power. espeically since half the offensive cats are power cats.
    Why on earth would anyone draft 3 cathers in a 1 catcher league? The problem is they never really get enough PA to be useful UTL guys.
    I think you need more pitching and less offense on your bench. look to trade SBs for power if you can.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I want to help answer most of these questions for the 15-20 team leagues, but it's so hard for me to wrap my head around it since anytime I've been in these large leagues, I was terrible.
    20 teamers are fun. You don't have stars at every position and you really need to work the wire to fill holes.
    Baseball is life;

My bad it is a 16 teamed.

NYYF Legend

I had my 12 team roto draft yesterday
    8x8 (R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP -- IP, W, L , SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP)
    had the 10th pick

C - Doumit (was hoping Montero but guy accidentially auto drafted him when he lost his DSL)
    1B - Votto (1st pick)
    2B - Uggla
    3B - Panda
    SS - Reyes (2nd pick)
    OF - Bourne, Werth, Hart
    UTL - Ethier
    BN - Ike Davis, Kubel

SP - Weaver, Kennedy, Luebke, Kuroda, Sale, Bedard
    RP - Paps, Motte, Francisco, Pestano

DL - Anderson (will fill slot when I see how spring goes)

Couple guys I wanted and missed by a few picks when I tried to let them slide a round - Myers (SP eligible SVs), Ogando (SP eligible HLDs)
    was also hoping CC or Hamels in the 3rd but they both went the 2 picks before me so setted for Panda.

Anyway since I've been commenting on others teams figured you could all tell me where I screwed up on mine.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Does Callaspo have eligibility at a few positions? Because if he does I would keep him. I think that is very valuable in very deep leagues like that.
    he doesnt right now. he's purely 3B. He may get traded tho (i hear the As?), and then he'd likely regain 2B and SS, but it'd take a while.

I feel like I drafted well last night for our 20 team league. You dont need to give advice, but just a general "it was an okay draft" or comment like that would be nice (doesnt have to be positive)

20 team H2H

C-Mike Napoli
    2B- Ian Kinsler
    SS- Ian Desmond
    OF- Angel Pagan
    OF- Ben Revere
    OF- Jason Bourgeios
    Util- Miguel Olivo (c)
    BN - Rajai Davis (of)
    BN - Juan Pierre (of)

SP- Tim Hudson
    SP- Colby Lewis
    RP- Craig Kimbrel
    RP- Jose Valverde
    P- Heath Bell
    P- Brandon League
    P- Sergio Santos
    BN/SP- Aaron Harang

I feel like I drafted well early, got mixed up in the middle, but finished strong. The weak OF and SS are the result of overlooking bats for closers. I hope it pans out, if not, I'm f-ed.
    you got some guys I was targeting right before me (S-Rod, Harang), but otherwise, your team sucks. Just give up now and trade me Craig Kimbrel.
    like delv, but better

I had my 12 team roto draft yesterday
    8x8 (R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, AVE, OBP -- IP, W, L , SV, HLD, K, ERA, WHIP)
    had the 10th pick

C - Doumit (was hoping Montero but guy accidentially auto drafted him when he lost his DSL)
    1B - Votto (1st pick)
    2B - Uggla
    3B - Panda
    SS - Reyes (2nd pick)
    OF - Bourne, Werth, Hart
    UTL - Ethier
    BN - Ike Davis, Kubel

SP - Weaver, Kennedy, Luebke, Kuroda, Sale, Bedard
    RP - Paps, Motte, Francisco, Pestano

DL - Anderson (will fill slot when I see how spring goes)

Couple guys I wanted and missed by a few picks when I tried to let them slide a round - Myers (SP eligible SVs), Ogando (SP eligible HLDs)
    was also hoping CC or Hamels in the 3rd but they both went the 2 picks before me so setted for Panda.

Anyway since I've been commenting on others teams figured you could all tell me where I screwed up on mine.
    Your OF has the potential to be pretty bad at its worst [Kubel, Bourne (is he fulltime?), Werth]. I have an irrational hate of Werth now after what he did to my team last yr. I had been intending to avoid him and then he fell to me so I just grabbed 'em. Bastard.

Your IF is sick though. And your SP has some elite upside.
    like delv, but better

NYYF Legend

Your OF has the potential to be pretty bad at its worst [Kubel, Bourne (is he fulltime?), Werth]. I have an irrational hate of Werth now after what he did to my team last yr. I had been intending to avoid him and then he fell to me so I just grabbed 'em. Bastard.

My first 4 offensive picks were IF. I agree my OF has collapse potential but Bourne in ATL is not one of my concerns. The good thing about OF is it is usually the easiest to find someone off the wire. I mean last year - Gordon, Melky, Morse, Francoeur and Banafacio were all mostly undrafted in 12 teamers last year and all finsihed inside the top 100.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

he doesnt right now. he's purely 3B. He may get traded tho (i hear the As?), and then he'd likely regain 2B and SS, but it'd take a while.
    Callaspo is a UTL guy in LAA who will get sporadic playing time. If he does get traded to the A's he'll be the everyday 3B most likely but that won't really add to his fantasy value. He doesn't hit HRs or steal bases and Oakland won't score much anyway. He's not displacing Weeks or Pennington at 2B or SS unless on gets injured he won't be adding much in the way of eligibility either.
    Baseball is life;

Callaspo is a UTL guy in LAA who will get sporadic playing time. If he does get traded to the A's he'll be the everyday 3B most likely but that won't really add to his fantasy value. He doesn't hit HRs or steal bases and Oakland won't score much anyway. He's not displacing Weeks or Pennington at 2B or SS unless on gets injured he won't be adding much in the way of eligibility either.
    I figure that the Angels would rather trade Callaspo (who has trade value) and keep Maicer Izturis as their UTL guy. I agree that the As wouldn't help Callaspo acquire 2B/SS eligibility, but that was just what I heard.

I agree that only as a true UTL guy would he have value, and then only primarily for his BA and whatever counting stats he may be able to accrue as a top of the lineup guy.
    like delv, but better

NYYF Cy Young

You a Nats fan? Don't meet too many of them. My fiance is a Nats fan, we go to a lot of games down there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    You a Nats fan? Don't meet too many of them. My fiance is a Nats fan, we go to a lot of games down there.
    I think he meant what Werth did to his fantasy team, not what he did to the Nats.
    Baseball is life;

I was grabbing the speed guys because they were easier picks. I figured I could trade later if need be.

I grabbed Tim Hudson without realizing he's probably not starting until May. Shoot.

edit: i dropped Olivo and am picking up Abreu.

NYYF Legend

I was grabbing the speed guys because they were easier picks. I figured I could trade later if need be.

I grabbed Tim Hudson without realizing he's probably not starting until May. Shoot.
    Hudson is fine. Just put him on your DL once ATL DL's him and pick up someone else. I drafted Anderson in 2 leagues to stash on the DL when he comes back aropund mid-season.

The problem with speed guys in trade is you rarely get back top dollar in trade. Almost no one wants to deal SBs for HRs unless you have a really flawed HR guy and good SB guy who helps out in more than one cat.
    Baseball is life;

I guess my strategy to begin with was "these guys know what they're doing, so I'm going to forfeit on a few categories". I figured HR would be one of the easier ones to just throw my hands up at. With all the speed, and a few HR guys, I figured I could still come out ahead.

NYYF Legend

Looks like Jokim Soria is the first closer casualty. Visiting the butcher of Birmingham.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF HOF

20 team H2H

C-Mike Napoli
    2B- Ian Kinsler
    SS- Ian Desmond
    OF- Angel Pagan
    OF- Ben Revere
    OF- Jason Bourgeios
    Util- Miguel Olivo (c)
    BN - Rajai Davis (of)
    BN - Juan Pierre (of)

SP- Tim Hudson
    SP- Colby Lewis
    RP- Craig Kimbrel
    RP- Jose Valverde
    P- Heath Bell
    P- Brandon League
    P- Sergio Santos
    BN/SP- Aaron Harang

just my two cents, in our league we use HLD's, you have five closers so basically you will win SV's every week and lose out on HLD's. I prefer a more balanced approach but just so you know most weeks your win in SV's will be canceled out with an L in HLD's.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    just my two cents, in our league we use HLD's, you have five closers so basically you will win SV's every week and lose out on HLD's. I prefer a more balanced approach but just so you know most weeks your win in SV's will be canceled out with an L in HLD's.
    Yeah but unlike SBs, Svs can't almost always be dealt. I mean some idiot traded Dan Uggla for Sergio Santos last year.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

12 team roto:

Wieters
    Fielder
    Kipnis
    Longoria
    Jeter
    Tex (INF spot)
    Hamilton
    Choo
    Gardner
    Beltran
    Rasmus (UTL)

CC
    Stras
    Garza
    Cueto
    Chacin
    Buchholz
    McCarthy
    Walden
    Hanrahan
    Nathan
    Broxton

Thoughts?

NYYF Legend

A lot of injury risk built into your OF TBo.

AVE will likely be a problem. Hope you didn't reach for Jeter.

Overall though nice balance.

I assume you'll rack up SVs with 4 closers and deal one later on? Assuming all keep jobs that is.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Yeah, I agree about the injury risk, but I had to take some chances.

I can only start 3 relievers on a given night. I dropped my bench hitter for Broxton yesterday in hopes of trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Yeah, I agree about the injury risk, but I had to take some chances.

I can only start 3 relievers on a given night. I dropped my bench hitter for Broxton yesterday in hopes of trading him.
    I am ok with injury risks. I like your team. Though I am not the biggest Longoria guy.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Thread Information