+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 733
  1. #51
    NYYF Legend

    bcom33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Exiled to Connecticut

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    1. Matt Moore
    2. Mat Latos
    3. Daniel Hudson
    4. Rickie Weeks
    5. Drew Stubbs
    6. Paul Goldschmidt
    7. Ubaldo Jimenez
    8. David Freese
    9. Drew Storen
    10. Chris Young/Trevor Cahill/Trevor Bauer
    This was the list I pretty much came up with except for Freese.

    I worry about him getting injured, and also putting up real numbers over the course of the whole year. Sure, he was a beast in the world series, but I don't know if he's worth keeping if he's only going to hit 15 homers. His high average helps, but he's also in a worse lineup without Pujols.

    Yes, it's a very young team, I came into this league late, and a few powerhouse teams have been hording the star keepers for the past couple years. Looking to break out of that.

    Then again, Freese may still make more sense than another closer.
    Currently building my Man-cave-a for Mancada's arrival.

  2. #52

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    This was the list I pretty much came up with except for Freese.

    I worry about him getting injured, and also putting up real numbers over the course of the whole year. Sure, he was a beast in the world series, but I don't know if he's worth keeping if he's only going to hit 15 homers. His high average helps, but he's also in a worse lineup without Pujols.

    Yes, it's a very young team, I came into this league late, and a few powerhouse teams have been hording the star keepers for the past couple years. Looking to break out of that.

    Then again, Freese may still make more sense than another closer.
    if you are willing to wait till mid season, bauer is definitely someone you want to keep
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  3. #53
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Bought my first fantasy baseball magazine of the year.
    If you all could buy just ONE fantasy baseball magazine for the year, which one would you purchase?
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  4. #54
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    If you all could buy just ONE fantasy baseball magazine for the year, which one would you purchase?
    I buy Lindy's the past 3 years. Not sure if that is the best but it was the one in the Airport back then I just stuck with it.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  5. #55
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    If you all could buy just ONE fantasy baseball magazine for the year, which one would you purchase?
    I actually like Lindy's a lot too. I think they are pretty well-rounded source.

    But I use the magazine to supplement the wealth of information ESPN puts out, especially pre-draft, and CBSSportsline which is what my league is on.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  6. #56
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Rank these three pitchers in the order you would draft them:

    Matt Moore
    Michael Pineda
    Stephen Strasburg

  7. #57
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Rank these three pitchers in the order you would draft them:

    Matt Moore
    Michael Pineda
    Stephen Strasburg
    Strasburg>>>>>>>>Pineda>>Moore

    I think Moore has the much higher ceiling, but Pineda has already succeeded at the ML level through 170IP and is ready to take the jump to 200.

  8. #58
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Rank these three pitchers in the order you would draft them:

    Matt Moore
    Michael Pineda
    Stephen Strasburg

    Strasburg. Moore. Pineda.



    Pineda only has two pitches. But seriously, I don't know if you can go wrong.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  9. #59
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    No concerns that Strasburg will be on an innings limit? That is why I think the comparison between the three is interesting.

  10. #60
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    No concerns that Strasburg will be on an innings limit? That is why I think the comparison between the three is interesting.
    maybe, but you can also flip him mid-season
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  11. #61
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    maybe, but you can also flip him mid-season
    If you are not in an intense league you could. But everyone in the know will know that he is on a limit, provided the Nats aren't making a run for a playoff spot (which I think they will be).
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  12. #62

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Rank these three pitchers in the order you would draft them:

    Matt Moore
    Michael Pineda
    Stephen Strasburg
    For next year I would go Stras, Pineda, Moore.....beyond that I would probably flip-flop Pineda and Moore, but you can't really go wrong with any of them.

  13. #63

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    What do you guys think of Scutaro in colors field? He's a good fit to play there with his low K history. He'll prob hit at the top of the order surrounded by guys like Cargo, Tulo, Fowler, and Helton. Is .300, 90/10/65 optimistic?

  14. #64

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    What do you guys think of Scutaro in colors field? He's a good fit to play there with his low K history. He'll prob hit at the top of the order surrounded by guys like Cargo, Tulo, Fowler, and Helton. Is .310, 100/15/70 optimistic?
    I think thats optimistic for him, but I agree he is a better option at SS now that he is in Colorado. Not sure if he will hit at the top of the order though.

  15. #65
    NYYF Triple Crown

    TheGameEpisode2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere, Center of Everywhere.

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Dynasty League, 12 Teams, Head-to-head, points system...

    My first round pick for Mariano Rivera? I don't have a closer (Javy Guerra I guess is the closest thing), but I feel like giving up my first rounder for a closer (though elite) who might retire might be too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

  16. #66

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    Dynasty League, 12 Teams, Head-to-head, points system...

    My first round pick for Mariano Rivera? I don't have a closer (Javy Guerra I guess is the closest thing), but I feel like giving up my first rounder for a closer (though elite) who might retire might be too much.
    I love Mo, but I would't trade my first round pick for a reliever.

  17. #67
    NYYF HOF

    The FUTURE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    North Carolina

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    One spot open in the NYYFANS.com league, sign-ups in the sub-forum
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

  18. #68
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    FYI - on the Yahoo 20 team league I gotta bow out. I'm commissioner for the CBS league this year on NYYFans plus I have my own league that I run and I'm also getting into another roto league that a friend and I have been trying to get together. Fortunately he's running that one but my resources are tapped. I would not be a good owner....
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    I too will be bowing out of the NYYFANs 20 teamer on yahoo. No time for the draft with 2 kids in softball and spending too much time managing 3 FBB teams so cutting back to my original 2.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  20. #70
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Drafting 3rd in 20 team standard 5x5 keeper league.

    A number of players are off the board and guy with 1.01 alredy said he's taking Miggy.

    Of these 3 guys: Cano, Tulo, Votto - how would you rank them?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  21. #71

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Drafting 3rd in 20 team standard 5x5 keeper league.

    A number of players are off the board and guy with 1.01 alredy said he's taking Miggy.

    Of these 3 guys: Cano, Tulo, Votto - how would you rank them?
    tulo, cano, votto. mostly on positional scarcity and votto's biggest real asset is wasted in standard 5x5 (assuming OBP isnt one of the categories)
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  22. #72
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Drafting 3rd in 20 team standard 5x5 keeper league.

    A number of players are off the board and guy with 1.01 alredy said he's taking Miggy.

    Of these 3 guys: Cano, Tulo, Votto - how would you rank them?
    I go Tulo Votto and Cano. But I really don't have a problem with Cano over Votto. Tulo is clear No. 1 though.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  23. #73

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Picked up a team in an established keeper league.

    I inherited Strasburg, Jay Bruce, Buster Posey

    My pick is up and the 3 players that I am choosing from are Votto, Ellsbury, and Granderson.

    I have to go with Votto right?

    After you sign a player you can give him a 4 year contract as a keeper. Thanks!

  24. #74
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Votto in a landslide.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  25. #75

    Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Giddyup5 View Post
    Picked up a team in an established keeper league.

    I inherited Strasburg, Jay Bruce, Buster Posey

    My pick is up and the 3 players that I am choosing from are Votto, Ellsbury, and Granderson.

    I have to go with Votto right?

    After you sign a player you can give him a 4 year contract as a keeper. Thanks!
    scoring?
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts