+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast
    NYYF HOF

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

Quote Originally Posted by parkerstrong View Post
    I like Hanley Ramirez, but not convinced he will bounce back. He was really bad last season and feel #3 is really high to take him.....I'm targeting Halladay with my last first round pick. How far does everyone think Hanley will drop? I think he is a huge risk at #3, even in a keeper league
    Look at his career stats, dude has had one bad season. IMO, Ozzie will have all those guys playing together and Hanley (with Jose Reyes in front & Mike Stanton behind him) will benefit the most.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The FUTURE View Post
    Look at his career stats, dude has had one bad season. IMO, Ozzie will have all those guys playing together and Hanley (with Jose Reyes in front & Mike Stanton behind him) will benefit the most.
    Yeah it looks like I should take him.....I want to take Adrian Gonzalez, but SS is shallow (some of them will be keepers so not much left) and I dont want to get stuck with a scrub at the position. Extra position at 3B doesnt mean much since I'll already have Lawrie and Bautista and SS is so shallow, but it doesn't hurt I guess.
    Hoping Rivera can pitch forever!

NYYF Legend

Yeah it looks like I should take him.....I want to take Adrian Gonzalez, but SS is shallow (some of them will be keepers so not much left) and I dont want to get stuck with a scrub at the position. Extra position at 3B doesnt mean much since I'll already have Lawrie and Bautista and SS is so shallow, but it doesn't hurt I guess.
    yeah 3B for han-ram is just a bonus, most will have him slotted at SS. But if you are in a daily league and have a few bench players, multi-position eligibilty can be huge for those shallow monday/thrusday games. I wouldn't draft someone just for multi-position eligibilty but it is a nice benefit when they have it.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Hey everyone. I rejected a trade earlier for my Strasburg ($6) and Freeman ($3), and now have a dilemma because he offered me Hamels ($15), Konerko ($6), Andrus ($20) and Garza ($9) for the same two. Am I crazy to reject that as well? I guess I am a little wary of Konerko's age and Andrus' price. It would leave me with those 4 plus Cahill ($1) as my five keepers. Thanks in advance!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Hey everyone. I rejected a trade earlier for my Strasburg ($6) and Freeman ($3), and now have a dilemma because he offered me Hamels ($15), Konerko ($6), Andrus ($20) and Garza ($9) for the same two. Am I crazy to reject that as well? I guess I am a little wary of Konerko's age and Andrus' price. It would leave me with those 4 plus Cahill ($1) as my five keepers. Thanks in advance!
    Depends on the league budget and who your other two keepers would be.....but my first thought would be no. What is the league budget and who would you keep with Strasburg, Freeman and Cahill?

The Braun news will have a huge impact on fantasy baseball.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Depends on the league budget and who your other two keepers would be.....but my first thought would be no. What is the league budget and who would you keep with Strasburg, Freeman and Cahill?
    My league budget is 260. Besides Strasburg, Freeman and Cahill I am currently going to keep Jaime Garcia ($5) and Fielder for a whopping $32, but I don't have any other great values.

NYYF Legend

My league budget is 260. Besides Strasburg, Freeman and Cahill I am currently going to keep Jaime Garcia ($5) and Fielder for a whopping $32, but I don't have any other great values.
    I would lean towards rejecting that trade......but I think its close. I just don't like giving up great keepers like Strasburg and Freeman at those prices-especially since both guys are really young and could be kept for awhile.

NYYF HOF

I know Ryan Braun is back up everybody draft boards as the #1 OF but mark my words on this one people. Justin Upton will be the #1 OF.

I would lean towards rejecting that trade......but I think its close. I just don't like giving up great keepers like Strasburg and Freeman at those prices-especially since both guys are really young and could be kept for awhile.
    Thanks for the advice. Yeah I am leaning towards rejecting it as well. The only hesistation I have is that having Konerko at $6 allows me to throw Prince's high price tag back, and would free up money to fill other areas in the draft.....I dont know though its tough to trade a $6 Strasburg in a keeper league.

NYYF Legend

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I am leaning towards rejecting it as well. The only hesistation I have is that having Konerko at $6 allows me to throw Prince's high price tag back, and would free up money to fill other areas in the draft.....I dont know though its tough to trade a $6 Strasburg in a keeper league.
    Konerko @ $6 is nice but at his age he has the potential to collapse at any time. I'd keep Stasburg unless I'm "blown away". I also like Freeman very much at $3. I think he's basically Hosmer but going ~100 picks later in drafts.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Konerko @ $6 is nice but at his age he has the potential to collapse at any time. I'd keep Stasburg unless I'm "blown away". I also like Freeman very much at $3. I think he's basically Hosmer but going ~100 picks later in drafts.
    IMO hosmer blows freeman away this year. his component numbers were better last year save walk rate and freeman had 25 points of BABIP on hosmer. not to mention hosmer is athletic enough to steal bases

there is a pretty good reason for the discrepancy
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    IMO hosmer blows freeman away this year. his component numbers were better last year save walk rate and freeman had 25 points of BABIP on hosmer. not to mention hosmer is athletic enough to steal bases

I agree with you. Hosmer will have 10-20 steals and many compare him to Joey Votto. He may not have 40 HR power, but he'll have over 20 and possibly 30 this year.

NYYF Legend

Ok I will conceed Hosmer > Freeman. But I will not conceed that he is 6 full rounds better which is the current discrepancy in 12 team leagues on their current ADPs.
    Baseball is life;

Ok I will conceed Hosmer > Freeman. But I will not conceed that he is 6 full rounds better which is the current discrepancy in 12 team leagues on their current ADPs.

i think he is. just my opinion but Hosmer is slightly better now, but is a much much better player going forward. Freeman is a solid 1B going forward, Hosmer is a star
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

NYYF Legend

i think he is. just my opinion...
    That's the beauty of fantasy baseball. If eveyone had the same opinion of all players it would be pretty darn boring and we could all just autodraft from the Y!, ESPN or CBS rankings.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

In my keeper league that I am keeping Prince, Longoria, J-Up, Hosmer and Stras in, I was just offered CC and Tex for either Longoria or J-up. Thoughts?

On the surface it seems like a no-brainer, but I rejected it (it's still open, he's very motivated)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    In my keeper league that I am keeping Prince, Longoria, J-Up, Hosmer and Stras in, I was just offered CC and Tex for either Longoria or J-up. Thoughts?

On the surface it seems like a no-brainer, but I rejected it (it's still open, he's very motivated)
    From a fantasy perspective, CC and Tex have warts.....CC has a higher WHIP than most stud pitchers and Tex has a low batting average. I wouldnt do that deal either.

NYYF Legend

From a fantasy perspective, CC and Tex have warts.....CC has a higher WHIP than most stud pitchers and Tex has a low batting average. I wouldnt do that deal either.
    Thanks. I was also offered Price for Strasburg...tough call.

NYYF Legend

Thanks. I was also offered Price for Strasburg...tough call.
    I don't think so.....Strasburg has the highest ceiling of anyone in MLB, but they will treat his arm with kid gloves while you know what you should get with Price. I would rather have Strasburg, but Price is less risky (and will pitch more innings)

NYYF Legend

I don't think so.....Strasburg has the highest ceiling of anyone in MLB, but they will treat his arm with kid gloves while you know what you should get with Price. I would rather have Strasburg, but Price is less risky (and will pitch more innings)
    I just read that Strasburg is on a inning limit of 160. That's too low for me. I will try to pull off this trade before the other guy realizes.

NYYF Legend

That's the beauty of fantasy baseball. If eveyone had the same opinion of all players it would be pretty darn boring and we could all just autodraft from the Y!, ESPN or CBS rankings.
    CBS rankings this year are horrible IMO.

NYYF Legend

I just read that Strasburg is on a inning limit of 160. That's too low for me. I will try to pull off this trade before the other guy realizes.
    They will be premier 160 innings though.....and I don't know your league rules, but don't forget the ability to keep him next year as well-when he will probably be able to hit 200 IP

NYYF HOF

CBS rankings this year are horrible IMO.

they ALWAYS are.

Very good call. I think everyone knows here my disdain for Teixiera the fantasy player.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Thread Information