+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

R.A. Dickey -- sell high or let the good times roll?

I think he's only going to get better as the weather gets warmer, but I'm nervous.

On another note, how bad is Ryan f'ing Zimmerman? This chump has held my team hostage for the past few years as I keep chasing his 2009 numbers. No more...throwing him back in the pool this off-season.

I had Hudson and Kuroda start yesterday. I was so nervous it was going to backfire. Thank GOD it didn't.

edit: how is your pitching? I'd think sell high...

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    I had Hudson and Kuroda start yesterday. I was so nervous it was going to backfire. Thank GOD it didn't.

edit: how is your pitching? I'd think sell high...
    Not my strong suit; I invested mostly in bats and mix and match pitchers each week. I picked up Liriano and Ubaldo in hopes that one of them will turn it around, and have gotten lucky with the additions of Dickey and Andy.

(12 team 5x5 roto; Start 5 SP and 2 RP each week)

Sabathia
    Darvish
    Marcum
    Dickey
    Billingsley
    Pettitte
    Liriano
    Jimenez
    Zambrano

Axford
    Nathan
    Frieri

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post

I think he's only going to get better as the weather gets warmer, but I'm nervous.

On another note, how bad is Ryan f'ing Zimmerman? This chump has held my team hostage for the past few years as I keep chasing his 2009 numbers. No more...throwing him back in the pool this off-season.
    Dickey is historically a better performer in the second half than the first and he's been so ridiculously money lately that I would ride the wave, at least until the ASB.

Just got a trade proposal in my 10 team H2H league. I have a lot of pitching and just updated my trade block with a few starters and then I get this from an owner who has a hard-on to get his hands on Johan:

Johan
    Sale

For:

Hellickson
    Holliday

I told this guy that I didn't think we were good trade partners earlier in the year because we are both heavily invested in power in the infield and I am seeking more HRs and RBIs but he really seems intent on getting Johan.

If I trade Sale and Johan, I'll still have Wainwright, Gallardo, Gio, J Garcia, and Hanson in addition to Hellickson as my staters. Thing is, I have Bruce, McCutchen, and Chris Young in the OF. I have Dan Murphy as my UTL bat but once Longoria comes back, I'll have A-Rod at UTL.

I could definitely use Holliday but I'm hoping for somebody like Stanton in return for a package like Johan and Sale.

What do you guys think?

I'd pull the trigger for a more stable commodity in Holliday and then use him to get Stanton if you'd like. Sale's been brilliant but he's going to hit the wall eventually, and I'm not sure what to expect out of Johan the rest of the way.

I'd pull the trigger for a more stable commodity in Holliday and then use him to get Stanton if you'd like. Sale's been brilliant but he's going to hit the wall eventually, and I'm not sure what to expect out of Johan the rest of the way.
    Well I mean he did pitch a no-hitter not two starts ago and was a viable starter prior to that. And I mean, Hellickson just got shelled by the Mets of all teams.

I don't know, I like Holliday but am not crazy at all about Hellickson, especially being in the AL East.

NYYF Legend

Wade Miley - shallow league - buy, sell, hold?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

If it was me, I would sell high. I can never have faith in a knuckleballer. I don't care what anyone shows me, what proof they give, it's just never going to happen.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    If it was me, I would sell high. I can never have faith in a knuckleballer. I don't care what anyone shows me, what proof they give, it's just never going to happen.
    I own him in a 12 teamer. Picked him up off the wire shortly before his scoreless inning streak.

I'd sell high if someone decided to overpay but I wouldn't move him for a mid-range quantity right now. His K/9 and BB:K are both off the charts right now.
    Baseball is life;

You just never know when a knuckleball is going to fail. He could maintain and it's very possible he will. I just can't buy it. For me, personally. It's just one of those fantasy baseball quirks I have. I would absolutely sell high and I'm sure you could get a pretty damn good haul for him.

I just unloaded Burnett and Quentin for Cliff Lee in my roto league. Prime example of selling high and buying low! I was quite proud of that trade.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

You just never know when a knuckleball is going to fail. He could maintain and it's very possible he will. I just can't buy it. For me, personally. It's just one of those fantasy baseball quirks I have. I would absolutely sell high and I'm sure you could get a pretty damn good haul for him.

I just unloaded Burnett and Quentin for Cliff Lee in my roto league. Prime example of selling high and buying low! I was quite proud of that trade.
    I'm not sure I have those kind of idiots in my leagues.

As for Dickey he's been very good for 2.4 years now. He doesn't walk hardly anyone for a knuckle baller or anyone for that matter and his ERA+ is 129 since the start of 2010 season. And this year he's getting at least some run support.
    Baseball is life;

Actually the funny part is talking to most owners, half the people think I got the better end and the other half think the other guy got the better. I mean he was hurting for OF so Quentin he asked for. Burnett I knew was eventually going to go back to being himself so I added him and he agreed it was an acceptable pitcher in return. His team is better because of it, but yeah I raped him. lol

The great part is nobody objected to it at all. And I have to say that at least 8 of the 12 owners are really fantasy nuts so it apparently was good. I guess if you buy Burnett's performance so far.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

The great part is nobody objected to it at all. And I have to say that at least 8 of the 12 owners are really fantasy nuts so it apparently was good. I guess if you buy Burnett's performance so far.
    I don't think it was vetoable. Philly offense has been bad, Lee has zero wins and already one DLstint. But I think you'll win that trade by a large margin when all is said and done.
    Baseball is life;

I hope you're right. There is a 1st half and second half prize besides the grand prize in the league. So hopefully I get the second half and the grand prize. Right now I'm in 4th, only 3 points out of 3rd and 1st and second are not too far away. I'm hoping I reap the benefits of Lee's numbers. You know he's good for at least 15 wins by the end of the season, and they will all be for me.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

I hope you're right. There is a 1st half and second half prize besides the grand prize in the league. So hopefully I get the second half and the grand prize. Right now I'm in 4th, only 3 points out of 3rd and 1st and second are not too far away. I'm hoping I reap the benefits of Lee's numbers. You know he's good for at least 15 wins by the end of the season, and they will all be for me.
    15 is optomistic since he'll get what 18 - 19 more starts? But he should be the same rate statwise and pick up about ~10 Ws most likely.

I'm in 1st in my roto, mild brag. Chris Sale, RA Dickey and Jared Weaver have anchored my top ranked pitching so far - 1st in ERA & WHIP.

I keep looking for 2-1 like the one you did but can find no takers.
    Baseball is life;

15! lol
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Wade Miley - shallow league - buy, sell, hold?
    I missed this.... I would sell high if it helps you. I think his value is high enough to actually get a piece where you need improvement.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

I missed this.... I would sell high if it helps you. I think his value is high enough to actually get a piece where you need improvement.
    He's a FA on the wire. I'm trying to decide if he's worth grabing.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's a FA on the wire. I'm trying to decide if he's worth grabing.
    Oh when you mentioned him in your post I thought you had an opp to trade him.

I would grab him in a shallow league. I made the mistake of dropping him in the 20 teamer and now I'm stuck with Josh Tomlin and Jonathan Sanchez. And Matusz is undroppable as there are no alternatives on the wire.

I dropped him cuz Fister came off the DL but it screwed me when he went back on.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Mr. May

I got proposed Mauer and Adrian Gonzalez and I give up Pujols and Carlos Santana.
    Thoughts?
    A-Rod supporter.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Yankee Kahuna View Post
    I got proposed Mauer and Adrian Gonzalez and I give up Pujols and Carlos Santana.
    Thoughts?
    That's a clown trade, bro

Seriously why on earth would you do that?
    Baseball is life;

Yeah I'm not sure why that trade is even being considered. A-Gone is having a less than mediocre season, terrible for his standards, and Mauer can't stay healthy for any length of time which has been going on for 3 years. If you're trading Pujols and Santana, you better be getting a monster package in return.

And on another note, trading a 1B and a C for a 1B and a C. Why would anyone offer it to you unless they thought they were getting the better of the deal? Think about that for a moment. It's just pointless even if it were a fair trade.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by The Yankee Kahuna View Post
    Thoughts?

Santana > Mauer

Pujols >>>>>> Gonzalez

you gotta be a red sox's fan to be considering this
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

Connecticut Transplant TheDozen's Avatar

I am in need of a win and some strikeouts tomorrow. Would you pick up Colon or Nova? ESPN has Colon at #8 tomorrow and Nova at #11, but I know Nova has been great lately and Colon's higher ranking is probably due to him facing the Padres in Oakland.
    Beat the Mets, beat the Mets
    Step right up and beat the Mets

Thread Information