+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Fantasy Baseball General Discussion 2012

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Wow, they have Pedroia 6th! I can keep him in the 3rd round instead of Pujols in the first, btw...

thoughts??
    Pujols >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Troll
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I am in a keeper league - we get to keep one player from each of these brackets of where we drafted them - 1-5th rounds, 6-10th rounds, 11-15th rounds and then 2 from 16 till the end.

I finished in 3rd place so I will have my first pick in the bottom half of the first round, so it looks like it would make sense for me to keep Pujols in that bracket. In the next bracket I am keeping Stanton in round 7. The following bracket I think I will keep Ricky Romero in round 13. In the final bracket I will keep Pineda in 21 and Madson in 24.
    Yeahhhh booyyyyyy.

Was going to keep VMart as a key cog in defending my $ h2h title.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Was going to keep VMart as a key cog in defending my $ h2h title.

if its a keeper league....take him in a late round and keep him for next season.
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

In a 5 keeper fantasy league, i was going to keep VMart, whom I'd have got in the 5th round. With Martinez out...

Miggy Cabrera 1st round
    Jose Bautista 4th round
    And Desmond Jennings (last round)... Are sure keepers with...

Jesus Montero
    Brett Lawrie
    Dustin Ackley
    Jordan Zimmerman
    And Brandon Beachy... All possibilities for the last two picks (second and third to last rounds...)

I think I like them in that order (ie keeping Jesus and Lawrie).

Bumgarner in the 12th also a possibility...

I think you have to keep Lawrie.

I would actually go Lawrie and JZim.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF HOF

thats a tough choice, you gotta love Ackley over the unproven bats of Lawrie and Montero (which I am sure will be fine lol)

Luebke also on option I should prob consider since quality starts count in my league... He'd also be an end of the draft pick...

I love catchers that don't catch...

Decisions decisions...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Luebke also on option I should prob consider since quality starts count in my league... He'd also be an end of the draft pick...

I love catchers that don't catch...

Decisions decisions...
    when do you pick in the 1st round and who do you think will be avavilable?
    Miggy is a 1st rounder but you aren't getting "extra value" by keeping him in the 1st unless you draft really late. I'd almost throw him back and hope to redraft him.

You have some great choices some of who you will have to toss back. I like Luebke a lot this year, also like Zimmerman & Beachy but I think you can draft pitching this year and should throw those guys back.

As for your bats I'd keep Jennings, Lawrie, Montero and Bautista. Then it is a decision on keeping Ackley as a really late value pick at 2B or keeping Miggy in the 1st. Again I think it depends on where you draft and what might be available in round 1. If you have one of the first 5 picks, I'd throw Miggy back. Anything later than 5 though and it is tough call.

Keepers are often about extracting the most value, not always about keeping the best player. If that makes sense.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    when do you pick in the 1st round and who do you think will be avavilable?
    Miggy is a 1st rounder but you aren't getting "extra value" by keeping him in the 1st unless you draft really late. I'd almost throw him back and hope to redraft him.

You have some great choices some of who you will have to toss back. I like Luebke a lot this year, also like Zimmerman & Beachy but I think you can draft pitching this year and should throw those guys back.

As for your bats I'd keep Jennings, Lawrie, Montero and Bautista. Then it is a decision on keeping Ackley as a really late value pick at 2B or keeping Miggy in the 1st. Again I think it depends on where you draft and what might be available in round 1. If you have one of the first 5 picks, I'd throw Miggy back. Anything later than 5 though and it is tough call.

Keepers are often about extracting the most value, not always about keeping the best player. If that makes sense.
    14 teams pick in the first round and I have the 11th pick. Ahead of me are the guy who took Cargo round 1 and a guy who took Posey round one. I also worry about the guy who took Hanley and later traded him to me, and the guy that took A-Rod round 1.

I figure if I want Miggy, I have to keep him. Most other 1st round talent (kemp, Braun, fielder, pujols, Granderson, cano... Are likely to be kept.

I agree with you on the pitching, and was planning on only keeping bats.

Jennings is a definite keep since we play LF/CF/RF instead of OF/OF/OF

Montero I want to keep because I like catchers that don't catch and I can see my league undervaluing Lawrie.

It's really between Ackley and Lawrie. With Joey bats at 3B it's a tough call.

NYYF Legend

Yeah 11th pick keep Miggy. I just brought it up mostly in case you picked early in a round and could leverage that into an "extra" late keeper.
    Baseball is life;

So you think Prince's value goes up by staying in Detroit. I have Prince at $32 and Freeman at $3 in my keeper auction league, and am trying to decide if I should go cheap with Freeman at first or stick with Prince and his pricetag.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    So you think Prince's value goes up by staying in Detroit. I have Prince at $32 and Freeman at $3 in my keeper auction league, and am trying to decide if I should go cheap with Freeman at first or stick with Prince and his pricetag.
    I think Prince stays the same or possibly drops a bit due to move from Miller to CoAmerica. Isn't CoAmerica tougher on HRs than Miller?

But this really increases Miggys value if the Tigers will let him butcher enough balls at the hot corner to gain 3B eligibility!
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Triple Crown

Keeper league

I have no catcher after VMart's injury, and my best third baseman is...Daniel Murphy. I made a trade for JJ Hardy so I could move Hanley to third when he's eligible, but how does this trade offer that I got sound:

I trade Verlander and Corey Luebke for David Wright, Geovany Soto, Shaun Marcum, JJ Putz, and Jake Peavy.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGameEpisode2 View Post
    Keeper league

I have no catcher after VMart's injury, and my best third baseman is...Daniel Murphy. I made a trade for JJ Hardy so I could move Hanley to third when he's eligible, but how does this trade offer that I got sound:

I trade Verlander and Corey Luebke for David Wright, Geovany Soto, Shaun Marcum, JJ Putz, and Jake Peavy.
    I probably wouldn't. Its tough to trade Verlander and you already have Hardy and Hanley as SS and 3B. You can probably pick up a catcher in the draft.

So I'm in a keeper auction league ($260 budget) and have Strasburg for $6 and Freeman for $3. However someone just offered me Konerko ($6), Bumgarner ($7) and Andrus ($20) for Strasburg and Freeman. I have to do that right?

I think Prince's value is hurt. I saw a hit chart somewhere and he lost about half his Miller Park HRs.

However, I think drafting whoever hits behind Cabrera and Fielder and their OBPs is a great idea.

NYYF Legend

So I'm in a keeper auction league ($260 budget) and have Strasburg for $6 and Freeman for $3. However someone just offered me Konerko ($6), Bumgarner ($7) and Andrus ($20) for Strasburg and Freeman. I have to do that right?
    Well not knowing your format I can't say for sure but I think I'd rather have Strasburg & Freeman for $9 total than those other 3 for $33. But then I'm not a big fan of Andrus, in standard 5x5 he only helps R/SB while being a total sink at HR/RBI and crap shoot on AVE.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Well not knowing your format I can't say for sure but I think I'd rather have Strasburg & Freeman for $9 total than those other 3 for $33. But then I'm not a big fan of Andrus, in standard 5x5 he only helps R/SB while being a total sink at HR/RBI and crap shoot on AVE.
    Yeah its a standard categories Head to Head format. And yeah after thinking about it more I think I would kick myself in a year when Strasburg is lighting up the league.

NYYF Triple Crown

So this is the league I'm in in a nut shell (I inherited a team from a guy who quit in a Dynasty League):

One team has: Joey Votto, Miguel Cabrera, Troy Tulowitzki, David Wright, Ryan Zimmerman, Rickie Weeks, and is about to get Brian McCann.

This other team has: Matt Kemp, Clayton Kershaw, Robinson Cano, Joe Mauer, Evan Longoria, Prince Fielder, Josh Hamilton, Stephen Strasburg, Adam Wainwright, Carl Crawford and just made a trade for Jacoby Ellsbury.

This other team has Pujols AND Adrian Gonzalez on their team, along with the pitching staff of: Roy Halladay, Jered Weaver, CJ Wilson.

The second team is the owner. I can't even explain how much fun I've lost being in this league when I see teams have two of the top five players in almost every position on their team, and get them from peanuts while I have to give up my biggest stars for the same player.

[/endrant]

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    Mo bends. Mo don't break.

I think Miggy's value gets a nice little boost, since he will be playing 3B this season.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    I think Miggy's value gets a nice little boost, since he will be playing 3B this season.
    sure it does as long as your league doesn't give negative points for errors.

NYYF Legend

If anyone wants to take the time to help me out, I'm obsessing over who I should keeper in my ESPN fantasy head to head league. Categories are R, HR, RBI, AVG., SB, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I can only keeper 10 players, and everyone on my roster is keeper eligible:

1b - Paul Goldschmidt
    2b - Rickie Weeks
    3b - David Freese
    SS - Dee Gordon
    OF - Chris Young
    OF - Drew Stubbs
    OF - Carlos Quentin

SP - Mat Latos
    SP - Daniel Hudson
    SP - Matt Moore
    SP - Drew Pomeranz
    SP - Jhoulys Chacin
    SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
    SP - Trevor Cahill
    SP - Justin Masterson
    SP - Trevor Bauer
    SP - Phil Hughes
    SP - Colby Lewis
    RP - Ryan Madson
    RP - Drew Storen
    RP - Heath Bell
    RP - Joel Hanrahan

So the guys I'm 100% sure about are Matt Moore, Mat Latos, Daniel Hudson, Drew Stubbs, and probably Rickie Weeks. Otherwise, it's up in the air.

I'm usually against keeping closers, but I have several very good ones, and ESPN ranks them as some of the most valuable players on my team from last season.

Is it worth keepering them instead of guys like Paul Goldschmidt and Dee Gordon? Or more seasoned pitchers like Lewis, Masterson, Jimenez? I'd appreciate any thoughts.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

Me personally, unless you got a premier closer with no chance of losing his job in a very late round, I refuse to keep them. Closers lose their jobs all the time. Guys who produce and help you win are constantly found on the wire throughout the season. That's my personal theory and I don't know how valuable they are in your league.

I have a good feeling about Goldschmidt. I might roll with him.

You love the young kids, huh? Damn that team, the average age is what, 23? (exaggeration of course)
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    If anyone wants to take the time to help me out, I'm obsessing over who I should keeper in my ESPN fantasy head to head league. Categories are R, HR, RBI, AVG., SB, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I can only keeper 10 players, and everyone on my roster is keeper eligible:

1b - Paul Goldschmidt
    2b - Rickie Weeks
    3b - David Freese
    SS - Dee Gordon
    OF - Chris Young
    OF - Drew Stubbs
    OF - Carlos Quentin

SP - Mat Latos
    SP - Daniel Hudson
    SP - Matt Moore
    SP - Drew Pomeranz
    SP - Jhoulys Chacin
    SP - Ubaldo Jimenez
    SP - Trevor Cahill
    SP - Justin Masterson
    SP - Trevor Bauer
    SP - Phil Hughes
    SP - Colby Lewis
    RP - Ryan Madson
    RP - Drew Storen
    RP - Heath Bell
    RP - Joel Hanrahan

So the guys I'm 100% sure about are Matt Moore, Mat Latos, Daniel Hudson, Drew Stubbs, and probably Rickie Weeks. Otherwise, it's up in the air.

I'm usually against keeping closers, but I have several very good ones, and ESPN ranks them as some of the most valuable players on my team from last season.

Is it worth keepering them instead of guys like Paul Goldschmidt and Dee Gordon? Or more seasoned pitchers like Lewis, Masterson, Jimenez? I'd appreciate any thoughts.
    1. Matt Moore
    2. Mat Latos
    3. Daniel Hudson
    4. Rickie Weeks
    5. Drew Stubbs
    6. Paul Goldschmidt
    7. Ubaldo Jimenez
    8. David Freese
    9. Drew Storen
    10. Chris Young/Trevor Cahill/Trevor Bauer