+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

When does the Christmas tree come down in your home?

so.... when does the official Christmas undecorating process begin in your home for those who do decorate.

Normally it's the weekend of the Roman Catholic Feast of the Baptism of the Lord which this year is actually a Monday but I'll cheat and do it on the weekend. Don't tell anybody.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Re: When does the Christmas tree come down in your home?

First weekend after Christmas/New Years. That would be tomorrow, or Monday since it's a holiday and I'll have time.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    First weekend after Christmas/New Years. That would be tomorrow, or Monday since it's a holiday and I'll have time.
    When I was leaving my son's home in Boston on Christmas night across the street there was a wrapped up Christmas tree along side the gutter on the sidewalk that looked like it never had been put up in a home. Weird. I guess they bought it and never got it up and decided to ditch it. Seemed like a shame because it looked to be a nice tree.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    When I was leaving my son's home in Boston on Christmas night across the street there was a wrapped up Christmas tree along side the gutter on the sidewalk that looked like it never had been put up in a home. Weird. I guess they bought it and never got it up and decided to ditch it. Seemed like a shame because it looked to be a nice tree.
    Around the corner from his house there's a 7-11 (well, it used to be a 7-11 but now it's some kind of upscale variety/deli but I still call it the 7-11) and they had a bunch of trees leaning on the wall outside of the store that said - "any tree $30". I told the guy if he gave me 5 bucks I would take one away for him. He laughed.

About 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    About 15 years ago.
    And you're still finding needles

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

We ususally take our tree down this weekend. We have a beautiful tree this year - it's almost a shame it has to come down. I love Christmas. I don't love the hustle bustle but I love most of the other stuff that goes along with it.

NYYF Legend

I always take my tree down on New years day. It still looks so pretty, even though it's dropping a ton of needles. It is still drinking water, so I might let it go a little longer since my sis and bil are coming up next weekend for Christmas. Either that, or I'll take the tree down tomorrow and leave the other decorations up.

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Make sure that ya strips it buck nekkid before leaving it on the sidewalk. Oh, and be sure to send half the needles to Muggsy (The Grinch), and the other half to JL (Santy Claus).

*runs & hides*
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Normally on New Year's Day I take my tree down. This year will be no different. I can't wait for it to be gone. Needles EVERYWHERE.

I'll leave everything else up until I feel like taking it down though.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

We had a fake tree that we put up for a few years but while I enjoyed the decorating, I really didn't like taking it down and putting everything away. One year (around 1993 or so) I suggested just forgetting the whole thing but my wife said she would take it down if I helped her set it up and decorate. She procrastinated so that it was still up in March. We haven't put it up since.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Everything is down and packed away except for the tree (it's fake). It takes me about 4 hours to decorate it so I'll leave it up for at least another week.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

NYYF Legend

tomorrow
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Usually after the Epiphany (this year, that's Sun Jan.8th). I have an artificial tree, so it's not an issue having a needle carpet, or a fire-problem....
    I think I might take the tree down during the week, but might leave some of the other decorations (which are more "winter", vs. necesarrily "Christmas") up for a bit longer.
    Just because.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Living Life Outloud yankeeschic12324's Avatar

Normally we take it down after the first week in January. However, my mom took it upon herself to take the tree down already. I think she took it down tuesday or so.

Ryan asked if we can leave our fake tree up all year so I think I'm just gonna do that.

Forum Regular
    Splitting time between Dayton, NJ and Needmore, PA

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    Usually after the Epiphany (this year, that's Sun Jan.8th). I have an artificial tree, so it's not an issue having a needle carpet, or a fire-problem....
    I think I might take the tree down during the week, but might leave some of the other decorations (which are more "winter", vs. necesarrily "Christmas") up for a bit longer.
    Just because.
    Same here. Usually the week after Epiphany.most of the othe decorations are more "winter" so they stay up until about mid-March.
    Marc

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    Normally it's the weekend of the Roman Catholic Feast of the Baptism of the Lord which this year is actually a Monday but I'll cheat and do it on the weekend. Don't tell anybody.
    Lies make baby Jesus cry.

As for us, we have a fake tree, it takes like 3 minutes to disassemble and there's no real mess to clean up. It'll probably come down in a week.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

As soon as humanly possible.
    Please sign David Robertson and Chase Headley.

The week of January 9-13, 2012.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

When the wife says so.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Tuesday
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I forgot we do the Polar Bear Plunge today at our beach so I guess I'll take the tree down little by little this week. I'm sure I'll get no help from the family. No one likes that part of Christmas.

NYYF Legend

Usually we do around now, but we still haven't exchanged gifts yet due to my mother being sick. So maybe this week?

NYYF Legend

Ornaments and lights are neatly put away. Now I'm waiting for my husband to take the carcass out to the curb so I can vacuum. What a friggin mess.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Thread Information