+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 2012 Weight Loss Thread

Down 1 Lb this morning. Total = -27
    Pardon, for us.

down to 298.4 this morning... i was completely shocked.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    down to 298.4 this morning... i was completely shocked.
    Going under a century mark level is an awesome feeling. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Going under a century mark level is an awesome feeling. Congrats.
    Thanks, it was. I still can't believe it.. i was 210 a week ago, and i was NOT good this week. I had to double check it.. twice.

And yeah, even if it's the 3 century mark, it's still great to be on the right side of it
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    Thanks, it was. I still can't believe it.. i was 210 a week ago, and i was NOT good this week. I had to double check it.. twice.

And yeah, even if it's the 3 century mark, it's still great to be on the right side of it

Nice job Brian. A bit of progress seems to make the fight worth while.
    Pardon, for us.

Went up to 202.5 lbs from 199.3, but my body fat % went down 0.9% Added some muscle, kicked a little fat off. I'm going to start taking Ab Cut tomorrow, it will attack my mid section fat. Tonight I'm finishing off my back workout. Heavy rows, heavy dead lifts and extreme with the lat pull downs. Going to try for 5 miles straight at 7.5 mph. I ran down my street today in 57 seconds, that averages about a little over 15 mph. Felt good, but my goal is 50 seconds flat. I can notice my shoulders, chest and abs getting muscle. My arms are lagging behind but I plan on making them pay for that on arms day Thursday. The creatine mixed with the C4 is doing me good, I can last upwards of four hours in a gym and only leave cause they have to close. Trying to maintain my 8 hour sleeping pattern to allow for natural HGH while I sleep and body recovery time. If any of you are interested in going twice a day to a gym I suggest C4 + 6 oz of water before and a Whey-obolic mixed shake afterwards with greek yogart and fruit. It's a killer combo.

NYYF MVP

Last time that I got weighed, I was 239 with my clothes on, it's so hard to drop weight at 55yrs old.. Now I'm taking meds for sugar, and high blood pressure, plus I've been on methadone for 18 yrs..

I believe that it's the meth that blows you up, keep that in mind for those of you who plan on kicking any type of drug.. Most medications have side effects, when your young you don't think about consequences.

It all started when I hurt my back, I was in my mid 20's I was swinging a 16lb sledge hammer in a tight space breaking cast iron, it took me at least 20yrs to get a MRI, only to find out what I already knew.. Still I couldn't function with L5-S1, and nerve damage! Plus having a mass in your left lung is enough to slow you down.. Like I said consequences!

Down 1 for the week, total of 9 lost. I'm upping my goal from 16 to 19. That'll get me to 175 which is a good weight for me....it's just harder and harder to get there as I age.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Down 1 for the week, total of 9 lost. I'm upping my goal from 16 to 19. That'll get me to 175 which is a good weight for me....it's just harder and harder to get there as I age.
    You're telling me!
    I have been so good with my food choices, eating healthy snacks, breakfast every day (well, almost every day, but more than usual), not snacking at night, adding some yoga and exercise into my day that I wasn't doing before, and I can't even lose a stinkin pound. Some weeks I'm the same, some weeks up one. But I can't get out of that rut. I guess I'm going to have to add major cardio workouts.

I'm just really discouraged because last time I did a whole 30 day vigorous workout routine every single day for the whole 30 days and didn't lose anything.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    You're telling me!
    I have been so good with my food choices, eating healthy snacks, breakfast every day (well, almost every day, but more than usual), not snacking at night, adding some yoga and exercise into my day that I wasn't doing before, and I can't even lose a stinkin pound. Some weeks I'm the same, some weeks up one. But I can't get out of that rut. I guess I'm going to have to add major cardio workouts.

I'm just really discouraged because last time I did a whole 30 day vigorous workout routine every single day for the whole 30 days and didn't lose anything.
    Fat weighs less than muscle, so you can be in better shape and look a lot better and your weight may not change much.

Did you feel like you looked better after the month was over? You probably did.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Fat weighs less than muscle, so you can be in better shape and look a lot better and your weight may not change much.

Did you feel like you looked better after the month was over? You probably did.
    Honestly, no. I took my measurements before and after as well, because I was expecting to tone up some. The positive outcome is that I had a ton more energy and was sleeping better at night, but that's really it.

NYYF Legend

No change.........merde.

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

I'm down 5 pounds in 5 weeks. I've been working out a lot so it's a little frustrating but I know I haven't been eating that well and that's the biggest obstacle for me.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    No change.........merde.
    Step away from the booze Jakey

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Step away from the booze Jakey
    Wait a minute...isn't that his liquid diet?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Started Weight Watchers last week. Down 1.6 pounds. I want to lose 30 but I'm setting my goals 10 pounds at a time. If I think of 30 as a goal, I'll give up.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

i'm up 5 lbs this morning, and pretty pissed about it

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Wait a minute...isn't that his liquid diet?
    Pretty much.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Started Weight Watchers last week. Down 1.6 pounds. I want to lose 30 but I'm setting my goals 10 pounds at a time. If I think of 30 as a goal, I'll give up.
    Good luck! I think that's a smart idea to set your goals in smaller increments.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Good luck! I think that's a smart idea to set your goals in smaller increments.
    Thanks. I'm determined to get some of this weight off. I need to add in exercise but I haven't been feeling well so I haven't had the desire to do much yet. I sleep so poorly at night that I can't get myself out of bed early, and by the time I get home and get dinner going I'm so pooped.

Excuses, excuses, I know.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

Thanks. I'm determined to get some of this weight off. I need to add in exercise but I haven't been feeling well so I haven't had the desire to do much yet. I sleep so poorly at night that I can't get myself out of bed early, and by the time I get home and get dinner going I'm so pooped.

I know the feeling. I tend to do better when I start seeing results, but that last time I did the 30 day workout and nothing changed, my motivation really took a dive.

Once you find a routine that works for you and allows for a little exercise you probably will find you have more energy. You know what they say, baby steps. Best of luck to you, Trish.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I've found a nice steady and relatively easy (for me anyways) weight loss method since December. No exercise and I pretty much eat what I want as long as I don't go crazy.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    I've found a nice steady and relatively easy (for me anyways) weight loss method since December. No exercise and I pretty much eat what I want as long as I don't go crazy.
    Do you have this oriental doctor?

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?
    A: Heart only good for so many beats, and that it... Don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: Oh no. Wine made from fruit. Brandy distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one.. If you have two body, your ratio two to one.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of single one, sorry. My philosophy: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food fried in vegetable oil. How getting more vegetable be bad?

Q
    : Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?
    A: Oh no! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: You crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for figure, explain whale to me.

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is shape!

Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Not really though. If I had to exercise at night, I know I wouldn't do it. There is just too much going on. Thank God for my running partners though - I don't think I'd be doing half the running I do if I had to do it on my own.

Thread Information