+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Re: So what did get? Get Any Good Loot for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I've seen the digital frames before, but I didn't know there existed one that has it's own email address to which I could send photos directly. That's a big help for my non-techy mom.
    They are really easy to set up and use. You don't need to connect it to the computer, ever. The one I got could even connect to facebook and pull pictures from there as well. I thought it was great for grandparents to get pics of the grandkids. Or for people's non-techy moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    They are really easy to set up and use. You don't need to connect it to the computer, ever. The one I got could even connect to facebook and pull pictures from there as well. I thought it was great for grandparents to get pics of the grandkids. Or for people's non-techy moms.
    Is it the Kodak with the 7-inch frame? Item #1338813
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Is it the Kodak with the 7-inch frame? Item #1338813
    Yes. Apparently they have a 10 inch frame too, but I have the 7 inch.

Yes. Apparently they have a 10 inch frame too, but I have the 7 inch.
    Thanks-- I think I'll order that right now.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

I've seen the digital frames before, but I didn't know there existed one that has it's own email address to which I could send photos directly. That's a big help for my non-techy mom.
    Just makes sure Sam never gets the e-mail address.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    that's sound advice, in general
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

That's a great idea.

I should get one for my mom who lives down in Florida.
    That email thing is a cool idea. I might actually use my digital frame if it had that feature.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    XBox 360.
    Hopefully you won't be too busy playing Xbox360 to play Scrabble!

If anybody wants cookies, cakes or pastries I have what seems to be an unlimited supply.

NYYF Legend

Kev got me boots, Matt bought me a bracelet, Brendan got me a Giants shirt and a running shirt and Jacqueline got me pj's.

I'm also going to be joining a gym (prob New York Sports Club) so the gifts to me this year were light. The gym membership is costly. Still deciding if I'm going to renew my Yankee tickets too - if I do that will be quite costly too.

Looks like got some cool stuff this year. I want to check the digital frame thing out - that sounds pretty cool.

Jeanne, I love our iPad. I only use it to play Scrabble and Words with Friends though - my kids use it a lot. It's prob the most used thing in the house except for the kids' Xbox. I prob have about 20 games going on right now on the iPad.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

That is an awesome idea. We gave my mom one last year and it still has the same 100 pictures we originally put on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Don't worry, they planned for Sam too. The screen is touchscreen, so a few taps on the screen and the pic is gone.
    Last edited by Casey at the Bat; 12-27-11 at 11:00 AM.

Don't worry, they planned for Sam too. The screen is touchscreen, so a few aps on the screen and the pic is gone.
    I wasn't worried as much about you as about Mr. Coffee's mom. Sam's pics could traumatize her permanently before she gets to those apps.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

I posted on the other thread that my neighbors have me well stocked with cookies, candy, bread, cat treats, candles and fruit. My best gift was just being able to take care of my Mom for an entire day. When I work, by the time I get home, the nursing assistant has already given all of her meals and she's napping on some days. She enjoyed her dinner - I pureed turkey, mashed potates, sweet potatoes and veggies. For dessert, I gave her egg nog ice cream. I was exhausted by the time I crawled into bed, but it was a great feeling.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

- Barry Manilow

We got my MIL one of those digital frames a few years ago but I didn't know they had them with E-mail either.

Thru a special purchase program @ work I bought both my parents and myself iPads (the bf paid for half of mine) for Hanukkah. From what I am hearing my parents are already using theirs more than I am...even though the bf's family and I "Skype'd" with his nephew in Colombia on Christmas day which was a first for me. I'm not sure I'm ready to join the Skype generation LOL.

Other than that--I got a pair of earrings, a beautiful silk scarf, two other scarves, a planner/journal, an electric corkscrew, some $$...nothing else too extravagant due to the iPad.

The nicest thing was being able to spend a wonderful weekend in Charlotte, NC with the bf's whole family even if it meant mostly *me* driving both ways. We went to the Bucs vs Panthers football game on Saturday, met some interesting people, had nice weather....

I love reading what everyone else here got!

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I got a Banana Republic gift card, Sunglass Hut gift card, Good Eats vol 3, a PS3 game, Pearl Jam Twenty book and blu ray, Lion King blu ray, and a few button downs.

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    We got my MIL one of those digital frames a few years ago but I didn't know they had them with E-mail either.

Thru a special purchase program @ work I bought both my parents and myself iPads (the bf paid for half of mine) for Hanukkah. From what I am hearing my parents are already using theirs more than I am...even though the bf's family and I "Skype'd" with his nephew in Colombia on Christmas day which was a first for me. I'm not sure I'm ready to join the Skype generation LOL.

Other than that--I got a pair of earrings, a beautiful silk scarf, two other scarves, a planner/journal, an electric corkscrew, some $$...nothing else too extravagant due to the iPad.

The nicest thing was being able to spend a wonderful weekend in Charlotte, NC with the bf's whole family even if it meant mostly *me* driving both ways. We went to the Bucs vs Panthers football game on Saturday, met some interesting people, had nice weather....

I love reading what everyone else here got!
    My two year old granddaughter has an iPad. I was just about "the wheels on the bus" out when I left her house on Christmas evening. And I now know more about "blues clues" than anyone over 50 years old was intended to know.

Thanks-- I think I'll order that right now.
    You should start sending pictures of strangers who vaguely look like you and the other members of your family and see how long it takes her to catch on.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    You should start sending pictures of strangers who vaguely look like you and the other members of your family and see how long it takes her to catch on.
    In the past I've sent her photoshopped pictures of myself with my wife and kids standing in front of Epcot, at the Grand Canyon, in the Smoky Mountains, at the Great Wall of China, in Red Square in Moscow, at a Space Shuttle launch, at Buckingham Palace with the Queen, standing with the President, etc.

Unless it's obvious, she usually calls to ask if it's real or fake. She displays the pictures regardless.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    My two year old granddaughter has an iPad. I was just about "the wheels on the bus" out when I left her house on Christmas evening. And I now know more about "blues clues" than anyone over 50 years old was intended to know.

I took my son to see Blues Clues when he was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Jeanne, I love our iPad. I only use it to play Scrabble and Words with Friends though - my kids use it a lot. It's prob the most used thing in the house except for the kids' Xbox. I prob have about 20 games going on right now on the iPad.
    No excuses!! Start a game!
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    What's with the iPad craze? What does it do that's so wonderful? I remember having seen a woman take notes with one during an interview.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee View Post
    What's with the iPad craze? What does it do that's so wonderful? I remember having seen a woman take notes with one during an interview.
    That was actually just a pad.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    And I now know more about "blues clues" than anyone over 50 years old was intended to know.
    I find that show far too challenging.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Thread Information