+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: So what did get? Get Any Good Loot for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I now know more about "blues clues" than anyone over 50 years old was intended to know.
    Watch this when you get the chance:

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

It was a light Christmas as far as material things, but I got to spend time with my family - most importantly my sweet baby boy and my husband. That's always a good holiday.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That was actually just a pad.
    Nahhhhh, it was definitely an electronic tablet thingy. I think she even had one of those brown leather cases like how peoplez had their Filofaxes some 10-15 years ago.

Me, I got a faux-smooth leather Dayrunner w/some Week on 2 pages accessory. Seems cute, but not hi-tech (kinda like the analog man in a digital world).

I'll have to look into a tablet now. I was looking more into an 11.6" laptop, which is more portable than my lesser-used 15.6" laptop. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Watch this when you get the chance:

The guy actually wears something other than that green striped sweater thing? (and obviously a lot less hair)
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

The guy actually wears something other than that green striped sweater thing? (and obviously a lot less hair)
    As I watching that thing I kept wondering why I was. What he said at the end about Make a Wish.... well, he's a good dude.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

In my old age, my family decided to get me into the 21st century by giving me an ipad.....now all I need to do is to find out how to use it.

I got gift cards which I used to buy presents for other people.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

I actually thought I was going to have a lousy Christmas but it turned out to be a very nice Christmas. Because Christmas Eve fell on a Saturday my two kids and family were able to come down early. They decorated the tree, cooked, and accomplished all the Christmas stuff I had no desire to do (my youngest made a really tasty seafood gumbo). And in between my duties at church we had dinner and various folks stopped by the house, it was a nice evening. The kids left late and on Christmas I drove up to Boston in the afternoon to have Christmas Part II at my oldest son's house.

What I thought was going to be a dreadful Christmas turned into a very memorable Christmas. I guess you never really know what's in store for you. You just have to embrace what's in front of you.

I hope everyone was (and is) able to enjoy the blessings of the Christmas and Holiday season. And I wish everyone a joyous and healthy New Year.

This Christmas was one of the best yet for me.

I was able to arrange my wife's eldest daughter to fly down from Connecticut to spend Christmas with us.

My wife was literally overwhelmed when she learned I got tix to fly her daughter & boyfriend down here from Connecticut on Christmas Day. The icing on the cake was when her daughter & boyfriend announced their engagement by showing the new diamond engagement ring on her finger.

oh yeah, I got stuff under the tree.......then on top of that, the day after Christmas, I was surprised when one of my cows showed up with the first calf of the new season when we were feeding......

But the best was seeing how happy my wife was...it still feels good....

NYYF Legend

I actually thought I was going to have a lousy Christmas but it turned out to be a very nice Christmas. Because Christmas Eve fell on a Saturday my two kids and family were able to come down early. They decorated the tree, cooked, and accomplished all the Christmas stuff I had no desire to do (my youngest made a really tasty seafood gumbo). And in between my duties at church we had dinner and various folks stopped by the house, it was a nice evening. The kids left late and on Christmas I drove up to Boston in the afternoon to have Christmas Part II at my oldest son's house.

What I thought was going to be a dreadful Christmas turned into a very memorable Christmas. I guess you never really know what's in store for you. You just have to embrace what's in front of you.

I hope everyone was (and is) able to enjoy the blessings of the Christmas and Holiday season. And I wish everyone a joyous and healthy New Year.
    Always expect the best not the worst.
    Blessings for an awesome New Year!
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I got a Kindle Touch. My sister also framed a few Yankees pictures that I have had laying around for years that I hadn't got a chance to frame. That was my best gift. I can't wait to hang them to complete my Yankees themed office.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by texasyankee View Post
    This Christmas was one of the best yet for me.

I was able to arrange my wife's eldest daughter to fly down from Connecticut to spend Christmas with us.

My wife was literally overwhelmed when she learned I got tix to fly her daughter & boyfriend down here from Connecticut on Christmas Day. The icing on the cake was when her daughter & boyfriend announced their engagement by showing the new diamond engagement ring on her finger.

oh yeah, I got stuff under the tree.......then on top of that, the day after Christmas, I was surprised when one of my cows showed up with the first calf of the new season when we were feeding......

But the best was seeing how happy my wife was...it still feels good....
    Except, of course, that Gravy's untimely death cast such a pall over the holiday for everyone. The intensity of the family's grief must have dampened the joy a bit.

Excep

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Except, of course, that Gravy's untimely death cast such a pall over the holiday for everyone. The intensity of the family's grief must have dampened the joy a bit.

Excep
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Put me in a trash can will ya....

You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF Legend

Well, my ex- has been here a week and no fights so far. The two boys (30 and 20), who have been enemies for about a year, seem to be burying the hatchet. We had four outsiders for Xmas dinner, and they all went on about how functional and loving a family we are. We know better, but it felt good. Right there, Xmas was a success; just having the five of us together is very good.

On the less important present side, I got a used, refurbished Android tablet (youngest traded up, but that's fine--I like the thing), a Home Depot Gift Card, a painting by my ex-, some handcrafts from Bahia, Brazil, a Yankees wallet and a Yankees winter hat.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

Excep

I guess if there was a negative that dampened the Christmas spirit*, that woulda been it.....

*Kara finally noticed that Gravy has disappeard & has surmised she ran off. Maybe one day - after she gets bored of her Christmas presents - I will finally 'fess up to her.....

Thread Information