+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 MLB Amateur Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    There must not be much slick fielding if he's going to have to shift to the outfield then.
    Scouts are split on whether he will stick at 3rd long term. Some think he can, some don't. Happens with alot of young players

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Posada_20 View Post
    Scouts are split on whether he will stick at 3rd long term. Some think he can, some don't. Happens with alot of young players
    Right, but if he was truly a "slick fielder" there wouldn't be a question of whether or not he could stick.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Right, but if he was truly a "slick fielder" there wouldn't be a question of whether or not he could stick.
    Which was my point.

Regardless, he's not the one I hope they select anyway. Hoping for OF DJ Davis or 3b Joey Gallo

Regardless, he's not the one I hope they select anyway. Hoping for OF DJ Davis or 3b Joey Gallo
    Actually, I hope they select the player, they best think can be an impact major league player. They're just names to me with no actual viewing of them as players.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Actually, I hope they select the player, they best think can be an impact major league player. They're just names to me with no actual viewing of them as players.
    Somebody gets it.

FWIW...Connor Glassey tweeted me when I asked who would fall to the Yankees & he said "Easy...Lucas Giolito."

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    FWIW...Connor Glassey tweeted me when I asked who would fall to the Yankees & he said "Easy...Lucas Giolito."
    If you draft him in the first round, you have to be sure you sign him because even though you get another choice next year if you fail to do so, you reduce your slot budget of 4.1M this year for those first ten picks by the amount you were alloted for that first round pick.

It would be a bold move on the Yankees part, but I don't have any confidence in them being bold in the draft nor the IFA market any longer. They said before the injury this kid was even better than Cole, when he was coming out of high school.
    Poor ownership can hold a baseball team down for years!

NYYF MVP

Personally I don't see him falling that far. Assuming it's his elbow and his shoulder is all good, some team will take him earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    Personally I don't see him falling that far. Assuming it's his elbow and his shoulder is all good, some team will take him earlier.
    I believe it's his elbow & I read that he's been cleared to resume a throwing program.

Which means he won't make it o the Yanks and I'm glad cause with our luck, we'd take a chance on him and he'd turn into the next Andrew Brackman

NYYF Legend

In the last day or two there has been some Zapruder film of Giolito allegedly long-tossing.

It's going to be really interesting to see how this whole draft plays out.

I agree Snatch. With all the rumors and speculation about all the names the Yanks are supposedly connected to, wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up taking someone we heard nothing about prior to the draft.

NYYF Legend

I agree Snatch. With all the rumors and speculation about all the names the Yanks are supposedly connected to, wouldn't surprise me at all if they end up taking someone we heard nothing about prior to the draft.
    Were on the same page. I'll take it even a step further - I'd be surprised if they didn't take a non-name guy.

NYYF Legend

That would be awesome...

He won't fall that far.

Would be happy with these first few picks

1. Joey Gallo 3b/OF
    2a. Mitch Gueller OF/P
    2b. Alex Young lhp
    3. Skye Bolt OF
    4. Blake Forslund rhp
    5. Jeremy Rathjen OF

But you'll notice he never said the Yankees would take Giolito. If he falls that far, no way he's signing for slot $$. He's headed to UCLA unless he's taken top 10. His story just sounds too much like Cole, family has money, no need to sign now, scholarship to UCLA ... no way the Yankees take him even if he's there for them at #30.

Would be happy with these first few picks

1. Joey Gallo 3b/OF
    2a. Mitch Gueller OF/P
    2b. Alex Young lhp
    3. Skye Bolt OF
    4. Blake Forslund rhp
    5. Jeremy Rathjen OF
    Rathjen anywhere in the 4-7 rounds would be a good choice. Though since the Yankees took him last year, he has to sign a waiver to allow them to choose him again. Just a formality.

Quote Originally Posted by geodork View Post
    But you'll notice he never said the Yankees would take Giolito. If he falls that far, no way he's signing for slot $$. He's headed to UCLA unless he's taken top 10. His story just sounds too much like Cole, family has money, no need to sign now, scholarship to UCLA ... no way the Yankees take him even if he's there for them at #30.
    I know. I didn't say that the Yankees would take him. I just asked him who is most likely to fall.

I know. I didn't say that the Yankees would take him. I just asked him who is most likely to fall.
    I know you didn't, but it seemed like others were not noticing that omission and were assuming that they would take Giolito.

I'm with Snatch on the Yankees selection, it'll most likely be a guy we aren't even considering. That's been their MO and I see no reason that they would change it up.

Quote Originally Posted by geodork View Post
    I know you didn't, but it seemed like others were not noticing that omission and were assuming that they would take Giolito.

I'm with Snatch on the Yankees selection, it'll most likely be a guy we aren't even considering. That's been their MS and I see no reason that they would change it up.
    I don't think anybody has said that because we all realized with the new CBA comes restrictions as to how much you can give somebody that has dropped from the early first round to much later.

NYYF Legend

I hate the fact that all these draft changes were made and they never made it manditory that players should be made to make them selves eligible for the draft. Just like the underclassmen do for the Nba draft.So much time and money wasted in scouting.

So you guys know, CC will be annoucing the Yankees draft choice Monday night.

Richmond Virginians

Baseball America's latest mock drat has the Yankees selecting Florida prep righty Zach Eflin

Thread Information