+ Reply to Thread

Did you get this call from Yanks ticket retention dept?

Just a bit of the back story here first. I was a 5 year Sunday plan holder from the OYS and moved into the new. My seats in the OYS were behind the plate but up high. When they moved to new stadium I was in upper LF. Not the best seats but I lived with it. I eventually moved to RF 305 in NYS but the sun just bakes you on afternoon games. I contacted my rep (Adam) and asked to be moved prior to 2011 season. He really wasn't much help and had a "take it or leave it" attitude. Tired of being kicked around - I left it. I went to one game this year and bought those tix on SH. I felt very free because of this choice.

The other day out of the blue I get a call from Ryan from NYY. He tells me he is reaching out to former ST holders to ask why they left etc.. I tell him why and he explains that the Yankees have put together a "Retention" department. Ryan mentioned he comes from the Dallas Cowboys and that he helped open their new stadium etc.. and that the Yankees have also hired some NBA people (they have plenty of free time ) and that they are making strides in doing more for ST holders even partial plan holders. He said a 20 game plan holder would now get up to 3 P/O games in their seats. He said that plan holders could trade seats up to two weeks in advance (this may already have been in place?) There may have been some other small perk that I am missing?

I guess they see there is an issue with so many people dropping plans, taking smaller plans or not returning at all. I told him that I was still unsure but let's see how the off season goes before I commit to any plan. I explained that the secondary market is very strong and without any perks it makes little sense to buy into a plan; large or small. He listened and agreed to call me again in January.

So, it sounds like the team recognizes that fact that people want more than just a pre sale password to try to buy tickets. Are these "perks" enough to make you return? The choice is now yours.
    A hot dog at the ball park is better than steak at the Ritz. - Humphrey Bogart

Devoted Member

Re: Did you get this call from Yanks ticket retention dept?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday@1 View Post
    He said a 20 game plan holder would now get up to 3 P/O games in their seats. He said that plan holders could trade seats up to two weeks in advance (this may already have been in place?) There may have been some other small perk that I am missing?
    The three payoff games benefit is already in effect - I got three games, one in each round, with my 20-game plan in 2011. The option to trade seats has been in effect since at least 2009 and possibly earlier than that, I'm not sure. Sounds like he was telling you stuff that already exists and trying to make it sound like it was some new offer.

Devoted Member

Yup, the trading in of tickets has always been in effects since I became a season ticket holder in 2006. And starting 2011 they took away half of the post season games from the 41 game holders and split them up with the 20 game (plans 1 & 2). Nothing new, they just tried to make it sound like it's new.

If the Yankees are smart they will return to adding Opening Day and Old Timer's Day to the partial plans. The most sense would be to add Opening Day to the Friday plan and Old Timer's to the Sat or Sun plans.

The Sunday plan at OYS had both, which was an awesome plan to have.

So, it sounds like the team recognizes that fact that people want more than just a pre sale password to try to buy tickets. Are these "perks" enough to make you return? The choice is now yours.
    What they're trying to do is to protect their prices. They'll throw trinkets and free popcorn around all day long, but they absolutely don't want to have to cut prices. The problem is, you can't defeat the free market forever. More and more people have figured out that the price on the front of the ticket is more than the ticket is worth and just aren't going to pay it anymore.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    The three payoff games benefit is already in effect - I got three games, one in each round, with my 20-game plan in 2011. The option to trade seats has been in effect since at least 2009 and possibly earlier than that, I'm not sure. Sounds like he was telling you stuff that already exists and trying to make it sound like it was some new offer.
    You must have 20 game plan #1 b/c plan #2 only had 2 playoff games this year (ALCS Home Game 1 and WS Game 5). Im hoping that they flip flop that every year so that plan 1 gets 2 playoff games next year and then plan 2 gets 3 games next year.
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

So, it sounds like the team recognizes that fact that people want more than just a pre sale password to try to buy tickets. Are these "perks" enough to make you return? The choice is now yours.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....are these "perks" enough to make you return? Let me think about that........OK, I'm done thinking, NO

NYYF Cy Young

If my 20 gamer wasn't so cheap, I'd drop that ish in a heartbeat. But $800 isn't hard for me to do a year.
    Attention Steinbrenner and front-office morons! Your triumphs mean nothing. You all stink. You can sit on it, and rotate! This is George Costanza. I fear no reprisal. Extension 5-1-7-0.

Just a bit of the back story here first. I was a 5 year Sunday plan holder from the OYS and moved into the new. My seats in the OYS were behind the plate but up high. When they moved to new stadium I was in upper LF. Not the best seats but I lived with it. I eventually moved to RF 305 in NYS but the sun just bakes you on afternoon games. I contacted my rep (Adam) and asked to be moved prior to 2011 season. He really wasn't much help and had a "take it or leave it" attitude. Tired of being kicked around - I left it. I went to one game this year and bought those tix on SH. I felt very free because of this choice.

The other day out of the blue I get a call from Ryan from NYY. He tells me he is reaching out to former ST holders to ask why they left etc.. I tell him why and he explains that the Yankees have put together a "Retention" department. Ryan mentioned he comes from the Dallas Cowboys and that he helped open their new stadium etc.. and that the Yankees have also hired some NBA people (they have plenty of free time ) and that they are making strides in doing more for ST holders even partial plan holders. He said a 20 game plan holder would now get up to 3 P/O games in their seats. He said that plan holders could trade seats up to two weeks in advance (this may already have been in place?) There may have been some other small perk that I am missing?

I guess they see there is an issue with so many people dropping plans, taking smaller plans or not returning at all. I told him that I was still unsure but let's see how the off season goes before I commit to any plan. I explained that the secondary market is very strong and without any perks it makes little sense to buy into a plan; large or small. He listened and agreed to call me again in January.

I had 4 seats in the grandstand in 20 game plan #2 this year and 2 seats in a Sunday plan. Problem was I had a presale that got me 2 seats to ALDS game 2 which then got moved and I had to sell. My 2 playoff games from the 20 game plan which was my only motivation to keep didn't even exist since we were knocked out in the first round.

Thread Information