View Poll Results: Are you renewing your Yankees ticket Plan(s) for 2012?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renewing all my Ticket Plan(s)

45 36.29%
  • Renewing/Dropping at least one of several Ticket Plans

20 16.13%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plan(s)

46 37.10%
  • Must get a downgrade to Renew

13 10.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2012?

I just brought a Sunday pack 420B row 13. I am planning to go to most of the games. hopefully, I can sell a few games that I can not attend at face value. Tues night games will be hard to sell. Section 420B might have some market value.
    My friend and I gave up our Sunday pack back in December. These Grandstand seats are to good to pass up. I am back.

Hey all, long time lurker, first post.

I had Friday plan in Terrace section 311, 2 aisle seats foul pole side. I decided to take the 41 game plan in section 412 this year.
    For $200 more I get plenty more games and half playoffs. Plus, where I was sitting was right in front of Carl's Cheesesteaks, so I would go home smelling like pure onions most nights and driving my wife nuts (she doesn't go to the games with me).
    The Terrace seats were nice with the aisle and all, but not $45 per seat nice.
    I'm always just psyched to be in the building so I'm cool with my decision.
    **** The skeptic of skeptics ****

It's tough, I'm in the $80 seats in 212 right now for 12 games, but I am always tempted to move closer in towards the infield. There's a lot of inventory available, but I think its all way over-valued... My seats started out at $70 and I can't picture spending $90 on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFXYZ View Post
    I just brought a Sunday pack 420B row 13. I am planning to go to most of the games. hopefully, I can sell a few games that I can not attend at face value. Tues night games will be hard to sell. Section 420B might have some market value.
    My friend and I gave up our Sunday pack back in December. These Grandstand seats are to good to pass up. I am back.
    Had Friday plan 422 last year. Row 13 on the aisle. Any game that wasnt Boston or Mets. I couldve bought for $15 on stubhub and thats the max I could sell them for also. It is a nice view from there and if you plan on attending most games, I prefer just having the tix in my pocket b4 hand than searching stubhub. But unless you are selling to friends or the Boston/Mets games I wouldnt expect to sell for face if you cant go.

Quote Originally Posted by M.C. Ricky D View Post
    Hey all, long time lurker, first post.

I had Friday plan in Terrace section 311, 2 aisle seats foul pole side. I decided to take the 41 game plan in section 412 this year.
    For $200 more I get plenty more games and half playoffs. Plus, where I was sitting was right in front of Carl's Cheesesteaks, so I would go home smelling like pure onions most nights and driving my wife nuts (she doesn't go to the games with me).
    The Terrace seats were nice with the aisle and all, but not $45 per seat nice.
    I'm always just psyched to be in the building so I'm cool with my decision.
    I kept my 41 game plan for the first year of 1/2 playoffs. Turned out, because of the all-star game and wild card that AT MOST I would have had 3 playoff games if all 3 rounds had gone the distance. Then last year, I upped them to full season and that was a joke. EVen at $50 a seat, I took a bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    It's tough, I'm in the $80 seats in 212 right now for 12 games, but I am always tempted to move closer in towards the infield. There's a lot of inventory available, but I think its all way over-valued... My seats started out at $70 and I can't picture spending $90 on them.
    I had Sundays in 306 row 1 for the first 3 years in the new stadium at $45 each. Nice to have row 1 but with the shape of the new place, it's like being in a different zip code. This year decided to upgrade to main level and was at SAS looking at the $80 seats and saw a group of 4 $90 seats in 213 under cover. Taking a shot with those, evren at double the price. Awesome seats and hopefully I can sell some games at face.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NJRuss View Post
    This year decided to upgrade to main level and was at SAS looking at the $80 seats and saw a group of 4 $90 seats in 213 under cover. Taking a shot with those, evren at double the price. Awesome seats and hopefully I can sell some games at face.
    Wow man, I can't even begin to imagine what you were thinking in taking those seats. Really, 90 bucks to sit past first base and not even on field level? In a high row, and four sections away from the $50 price break? What am I missing here

New locations!

Click image for larger version

Name:	16game_728x425a.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	20821
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Wow man, I can't even begin to imagine what you were thinking in taking those seats. Really, 90 bucks to sit past first base and not even on field level? In a high row, and four sections away from the $50 price break? What am I missing here
    Dude, you're brutal... but on the mark and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    New locations!
    The air smells of desperation.... as do the half page ads the team has been taking out in the local papers....

Cheers!
    -Doug

If my plan to go commando this year doesn't work out, next year the Yankees will be more than happy to welcome me back into the fold. Probably with a better deal than they offer their long time STH's.

You know I'm right.

Put down crack pipe.

Just say no!!![/QUOTE]

Hysterical, and right on the money (literally). Take from a guy who held a Saturday Plan for 25 years, the value just plain isn't there any more.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Ok the free meal will never happen, but would it have killed them to give ticket holders something that is tangible to them but does not cost the team anything?

Maybe an express pass to monument park (no waiting in line) once during 2012?
    I was a Saturday Plan holder for 25 years, and when the anniversary came up what do you think the front office sent me to say 'thank you'? An invoice. Seniority (read fan loyalty) means nothing to the front office, watch what they do not what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Well, personally I think the best seats in the stadium are on the main level. The high row is to be out of the sun (my dad and father in law can't sit in the sun). And sitting in the seats, the view is awesome - you lose very little of the field, just the extreme RF corner. My other seats in 306 row 1 were SO far away that even the draw of row 1 wasn't enough to want to keep them. I could have had field level seats around the same price but just didn't like the view as well. Yes, I am 4 sections away from $50 (I also had seats in 208 row 2 last year) but I think these are much better. (And I'm also just 6 sections away from $300 seats). If it doesn't work out, I'll drop them next year.

NYYF Legend

Well, personally I think the best seats in the stadium are on the main level. The high row is to be out of the sun (my dad and father in law can't sit in the sun). And sitting in the seats, the view is awesome - you lose very little of the field, just the extreme RF corner. My other seats in 306 row 1 were SO far away that even the draw of row 1 wasn't enough to want to keep them. I could have had field level seats around the same price but just didn't like the view as well. Yes, I am 4 sections away from $50 (I also had seats in 208 row 2 last year) but I think these are much better. (And I'm also just 6 sections away from $300 seats). If it doesn't work out, I'll drop them next year.
    I have no problem with that location, Main has some really nice vies. I just have a problem with what they're charging for it. Obviously if you're happy with the seats and the price that's nobody else's business but yours, but I can't see the resale market being very good for you if you're looking to get back your cost. More importantly, I think those seats will be available for cheaper on the secondary market where it's possible to pick and choose your games with no commitment.

But yeah, we'll all see how this season shakes out

I almost did two seats in 213, but my seats in 212 are aisle (right next to 213) and I didn't think it was worth it to goto a higher row(no aisle). Also, I do agree with you the main level has the best all around values for the money in my opinion. $90 is still high for 213 views, but it definitely beats being in 306 I would pay that for 214A or 214B.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
    I would pay that for 214A or 214B.
    Call you rep. Mine left me a voice mail earlier in the week saying that there were some seats available in 214A. I agree, the views of the game are fabulous from those seats. I just can't handle paying so much for them .. the cost of the ticket plus the resale losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanx23 View Post
    If my plan to go commando this year doesn't work out, next year the Yankees will be more than happy to welcome me back into the fold. Probably with a better deal than they offer their long time STH's.

You know I'm right.

Put down crack pipe.

Just say no!!!
    Hysterical, and right on the money (literally). Take from a guy who held a Saturday Plan for 25 years, the value just plain isn't there any more.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I see people who have kept plans just in case there's a Stubhub floor or a switch to the Ticketmaster exchange as the official reseller, but the way I look at it is if there's more benefit next year to be a STH, the Yankees will have me back in a second.

Call you rep. Mine left me a voice mail earlier in the week saying that there were some seats available in 214A. I agree, the views of the game are fabulous from those seats. I just can't handle paying so much for them .. the cost of the ticket plus the resale losses.
    Just heard from my rep - nothing in 214A or B right now. There are of course more expensive seats (223 or 224) but I am definetly at my max. Part of my thinking was that I may be able to upgrade to 214A/B at some point in the future, as long as they stay at the same cost.

NYYF Legend

Just heard from my rep - nothing in 214A or B right now. There are of course more expensive seats (223 or 224) but I am definetly at my max. Part of my thinking was that I may be able to upgrade to 214A/B at some point in the future, as long as they stay at the same cost.
    I'm thinking there's more than a 50% chance he's bullsh*tting you. They always leave primo seats for that one customer who gives them a tough sale. What you can do, is get someone with you to call up the sales department saying they're looking to sign up as a new Yankees ticket holder, but they only want seats in 214A or B. Maybe he'll say there's nothing, maybe he'll call him back with a "surprise" opening. When and if he does, your friend just needs to say "listen, I don't think I'm going to take those seats after all, but my buddy here is a ticket holder and he'd like to switch to those seats" and pass the phone to you.

Obviously the rep will realize that he just got conned, but you have nothing to feel sorry about if that happens because you got conned in the first place by being denied better seats that were obviously available, no matter what BS story he tries to give you to save face

My rep emailed me this afternoon and said he was holding some seats in 214A and asked if I wanted them or if he could release them. I replied and said that he could release them. So ... there might be some 214A seats available right now.

My rep emailed me this afternoon and said he was holding some seats in 214A and asked if I wanted them or if he could release them. I replied and said that he could release them. So ... there might be some 214A seats available right now.
    Thanks for the info. Were those Sundays and do you know if it was a group of 4?

Thanks for the info. Were those Sundays and do you know if it was a group of 4?
    My rep did not say and I didn't inquire.

Mostly an Observer

I had Sundays in 306 row 1 for the first 3 years in the new stadium at $45 each. Nice to have row 1 but with the shape of the new place, it's like being in a different zip code. This year decided to upgrade to main level and was at SAS looking at the $80 seats and saw a group of 4 $90 seats in 213 under cover. Taking a shot with those, evren at double the price. Awesome seats and hopefully I can sell some games at face.
    I was under cover in Section 212 last year after "upgrading" from seats in the Terrace. Fair warning, these seats are LOUD. I'm not talking abut fan noise (as most of us know, there almost is none in the new stadium). I'm talking about the stadium programming.

The Terrace seats are blissfully quiet in comparison. When you are in the Terrace, the nearest overhead speakers are way way up in the Grandstand. When you are undercover in the Main, the overhead speakers are right on top of you. I got a headache at every game. Just wait until the idiot who shouts the "Yankee Fan Marquee" every night starts grating on your nerves.

What row & seat were you in 212?

Quote Originally Posted by AnskyAddict View Post
    I was under cover in Section 212 last year after "upgrading" from seats in the Terrace. Fair warning, these seats are LOUD. I'm not talking abut fan noise (as most of us know, there almost is none in the new stadium). I'm talking about the stadium programming.

The Terrace seats are blissfully quiet in comparison. When you are in the Terrace, the nearest overhead speakers are way way up in the Grandstand. When you are undercover in the Main, the overhead speakers are right on top of you. I got a headache at every game. Just wait until the idiot who shouts the "Yankee Fan Marquee" every night starts grating on your nerves.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I sat in 212 during playoffs a few years ago. I loved those seats! So much louder than my seats in section 417 - and I'm talking about the crowd, not the stadium programming noise.

Thread Information