View Poll Results: Are you renewing your Yankees ticket Plan(s) for 2012?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renewing all my Ticket Plan(s)

45 36.29%
  • Renewing/Dropping at least one of several Ticket Plans

20 16.13%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plan(s)

46 37.10%
  • Must get a downgrade to Renew

13 10.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Are you Renewing for 2012?

Hey everyone. Haven't posted on here in a really long time! I ended up renewing after I was able to change my seats. Still Sunday in the bleachers, but now in 236.

For those interested in moving their location within their plans, it appears that there are many options available on Ticketmaster this year. We have been trying since 2009 without success to return to the grandstand behind homeplate for our Sunday package. That is where we were in OYS. This year we were able to move from 424 to 420A. I guess all of the folks dropping packages have made this possible. Sure we were annoyed by losing opening day in the first year, and adding an extra weekday game this year. However, at least all of the week day games are night games, not like last year, so we can go to them. Also, the price increase, still brings the cost of our tickets to lower than what they cost in OYS.

I do agree with those that are annoyed that these seats weren't held for the select a seat event. You do have to wonder what is the value of seniority. If the Yankees have held back some good seats for this event for the partials, then it will be okay, but if not, I can see a lot of angry STH around.

guess a number are trying to do a relo this morning? already a 28 minute wait on the phone for a ticket rep...so much for the select a seat process....

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
    guess a number are trying to do a relo this morning? already a 28 minute wait on the phone for a ticket rep...so much for the select a seat process....

are the reps in today? thought with mlk holiday they wouldnt be

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    are the reps in today? thought with mlk holiday they wouldnt be
    I guess they're closed today...however, it took like an hour 20 minute call to figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I was targeting one of those for a relo, hoping it would last the weekend . . but it didn't

The fact that these seats were available for purchase prior to the select-a-seat makes a mockery of that event . . . these are exactly the seats I've been trying to upgrade to.
    I've been checking everyday for the 20 game plan #1 and haven't found any availability in the IF Grandstand.

wait so the offices are def closed? damn two seats popped up that i would love to change my seats to and avoid the select a seat process.

Sunday bleachers plans are starting to show up on Yankees.com. First in a LONG time i've seen these available. Yankees must be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    wait so the offices are def closed? damn two seats popped up that i would love to change my seats to and avoid the select a seat process.

They are definately closed today..

Addicted Member

What a difference a year makes. Last year I went to the select-a-seat and tried to move from a Sunday play to a Saturday plan and couldn't sniff anything closer than grandstand around the foul poles for 4 tickets. Just checked tonight and I could get 2 in 420A or 4 in 423. That just shows you how many people dropped plans. Saturday to me is always the hardest weekend plan to get and if you can easily pick it up with new business they really screwed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by jlevin View Post
    What a difference a year makes. Last year I went to the select-a-seat and tried to move from a Sunday play to a Saturday plan and couldn't sniff anything closer than grandstand around the foul poles for 4 tickets. Just checked tonight and I could get 2 in 420A or 4 in 423. That just shows you how many people dropped plans. Saturday to me is always the hardest weekend plan to get and if you can easily pick it up with new business they really screwed themselves.
    I think they will replace most, if not all of the Saturday and Sunday plans that have been dropped as they are still in demand. They will be hard pressed to replace all of the mid week and to a lessor degree the Friday night plans that have been dropped. They will recover some of the attendence for mid week games by forcing those games at face value down the throats of weekend plan holders.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

How are you checking? ON the website? I have a seat in row 12, section 418 that I'd love to try to move down.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    How are you checking? ON the website? I have a seat in row 12, section 418 that I'd love to try to move down.
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...on_tickets.jsp

Pick the plan you're interested in, put in the number of tickets and it returns "best available."
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Hi:

Go to yankees.com and click on tickets, and then season tickets. You can select your option there. There are many prime locations available, but if you have an existing plan, just identify them and then call your season ticket rep. You don't want to be stuck with new and old seats. Hopefully they will still be available when you get through to him or her. I would email as well as leaving a voicemail, as I doubt you will get anyone live on the first attempt. My rep was very fast responding to my email and helping me with an upgrade.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Oh, ok. thx I did that last week. I was trying to stay in section 417 or 418 and found one seat in 418 but it's high. Was hoping for lower but I guess those are for full season plan holders.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Oh, ok. thx I did that last week. I was trying to stay in section 417 or 418 and found one seat in 418 but it's high. Was hoping for lower but I guess those are for full season plan holders.
    anything below row 7 is out from the over hang of the facade which means youd be subjected to rain, which just from the past couple seasons a lone, sucks lol. just giving you the heads up

just upgraded my 9 game plan to 420 C row 9, from 422 row 12. I was pissed because yesterday I saw seats in 420 B row 9 but theyre gone so I figured I rather upgrade now before the select a seat starts and secure something better. I'm pretty happy with the seats though. Still under the covering and 3 rows lower and more behind homeplate. Good by me!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    just upgraded my 9 game plan to 420 C row 9, from 422 row 12. I was pissed because yesterday I saw seats in 420 B row 9 but theyre gone so I figured I rather upgrade now before the select a seat starts and secure something better. I'm pretty happy with the seats though. Still under the covering and 3 rows lower and more behind homeplate. Good by me!
    Good for you!

I also saw those seats in 420B on Saturday night and wanted them (I've been trying to move down from row 13 in 420B) and probably should have bought them and paid the $40.

But in any case, I didn't want to lose my 420B location so I renewed today . . .

Last week, after carefully reviewing my invoice for the first time, I realized my 11 game plan got reduced to a 9 game plan and the lack of quality games there was quite surprising (including no national league or Boston game). I would have expected this from Wilpon and the Mets, but to see the Yankees cheap out like this was quite a shock. I was quite content with the 11 game plan I had including the bizarre "full season only" seats in 214 B.

Of course now, I had to give them up but I did manage to find something decent in 212 and I am hoping there may be more options at the select a seat for me this Sunday. I do have to say that the Yankees did not make it clear or apparent to me that I had lost two games this season. I called my rep and told them get rid of Audi and Mohegan and we'll upgrade.

Received a call from my "ticket rep" today asking what my intentions were for my 4 full season OF GS seats....... He then proceeded to tell me how they were "prime seats" and he could no longer "hold off" fans who would love these seats.......... I told "my rep" that the "last straw" was the ticket exchange program......... I then told the "rep" that I would love to speak to these people who are "waiting" for me to drop my seats........... After hearing more B.S., we agreed that at end of business today, I would either make the first 2 of the 4 payment installments, or I would forfeit the tickets........ Since I previously picked up a 12 game plan for 6 seats in OF GS, I "respectfully" let them go......................

Another "sign" the Yankees are having ticket sale problems. I thought the Yankees had a "deadline" on the website for the 12 game plan............. That came and went weeks ago...........

Anyone who didnt make a payment by yesterday, I think seats have been removed from account

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Good for you!

I also saw those seats in 420B on Saturday night and wanted them (I've been trying to move down from row 13 in 420B) and probably should have bought them and paid the $40.

But in any case, I didn't want to lose my 420B location so I renewed today . . .
    I saw those as well. when I called yesterday they were gone. however, he was able to move my saturday plan from 422 row 13 to 420b row 11. i was really pissed that they added yet another mid week game to the plan but i'll just re-assess every year and see if i can get lower rows behind home plate.

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
    I saw those as well. when I called yesterday they were gone. however, he was able to move my saturday plan from 422 row 13 to 420b row 11. i was really pissed that they added yet another mid week game to the plan but i'll just re-assess every year and see if i can get lower rows behind home plate.
    At least the midweek games are all night games this season for Saturday and Sunday plan holders.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Anyone who didnt make a payment by yesterday, I think seats have been removed from account
    Yup. My seats just popped up on yankees.com. Checked the 9 game plans and sure enough 420B Row 11 seats 24-25 are there. I am offically free

Thread Information