View Poll Results: Are you renewing your Yankees ticket Plan(s) for 2012?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renewing all my Ticket Plan(s)

45 36.29%
  • Renewing/Dropping at least one of several Ticket Plans

20 16.13%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plan(s)

46 37.10%
  • Must get a downgrade to Renew

13 10.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Are you Renewing for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Nice. Yeah, I'm on a Friday plan, too. Was in Terrace last year, couldn't afford Terrace anymore. Moved up to the grandstand but didn't want to be high up, so I decided to go further out in the OF.
    Since Grandstand has only 14 rows in NYS (about half of what Tier Reserved had), row 14 in 420B is closer to the plate (even considering the added height) than GS row 1 way down the lines . . .

Why does the 9 game plan have $15 and $10 on the website?? I put in 2 tix for the Friday plan and it showed up at $135 a seat in 420B. What gives. My seats for that plan are $28 a agme in 419...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Since Grandstand has only 14 rows in NYS (about half of what Tier Reserved had), row 14 in 420B is closer to the plate (even considering the added height) than GS row 1 way down the lines . . .
    I thought it was obvious that we are referring to lateral position relative to the plate, not row above the plate.

You cannot get a small plan in a low grandstand row unless you sit out in the boonies.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Downgraded my seats from Terrace to Grand Stand OF... Although it's funny how I couldn't get a hold of anyone until the payment on 2/10/12 happened to go through. Well technically it's still listed as a pending charge, but I was told there's no refunds. Not only that but you can't use your Yankees credit towards playoff tickets. So it carries over to 2013.

I guess the positive out of it is that my 2013 tickets are pretty much almost paid now as a result.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I thought it was obvious that we are referring to lateral position relative to the plate, not row above the plate.

You cannot get a small plan in a low grandstand row unless you sit out in the boonies.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    It was . . . Sometimes, when folks talk about being closer to the plate it's distance from the infield (so the players don't look like specs), rather than angle. But I see your point. My opinion is that the difference in lateral position between GS row 1 and 14 is not worth the increased distance from the HP area . . but that's just me. I've always wanted the behind HP view. Now if you're talking the Main level . . .

Got my 15 year card (yes . . I'm an addict). Would have been nice to get some comp passes to the Audi Club/MSSB. Or to really go over the top, a coupon for an Audi Club or NYY Steak meal.
    Ok the free meal will never happen, but would it have killed them to give ticket holders something that is tangible to them but does not cost the team anything?

Maybe an express pass to monument park (no waiting in line) once during 2012?

NYYF Legend

It was . . . Sometimes, when folks talk about being closer to the plate it's distance from the infield (so the players don't look like specs), rather than angle. But I see your point. My opinion is that the difference in lateral position between GS row 1 and 14 is not worth the increased distance from the HP area . . but that's just me. I've always wanted the behind HP view. Now if you're talking the Main level . . .
    Yeah, I was talking about lateral view -- and, I can see the pitches fine from the OF. I never had a problem in the bleachers, so as long as the foul pole isn't obstructing my view I have no concerns.

Obviously, behind the plate is more desirable. But seriously, I can see the game fine from any spot. Maybe I can't pretend to be an umpire, but it's really not a problem to be up a line.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by yankees2010 View Post
    Ok the free meal will never happen, but would it have killed them to give ticket holders something that is tangible to them but does not cost the team anything?

Maybe an express pass to monument park (no waiting in line) once during 2012?
    Free passes would be nice for sure. But something we could "use." Free photo, free yearbook . . something!!

NYYF Legend

Free passes would be nice for sure. But something we could "use." Free photo, free yearbook . . something!!
    It's been said a million times, but the Yankees have left nothing on the bone for season ticket holders and they will not change that philosophy until they start really hurting on the bottom line, if ever. They can't stomach for one second that anybody could get a benefit from them at a price that is not at or above market value. We're the Yankees, how dare you

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    It's been said a million times, but the Yankees have left nothing on the bone for season ticket holders and they will not change that philosophy until they start really hurting on the bottom line, if ever. They can't stomach for one second that anybody could get a benefit from them at a price that is not at or above market value. We're the Yankees, how dare you
    You know when the Yankees really started screwing the fans? The dynasty of '96-'00. That's when YS started to sell out every game, and when the team got the idea that they'll always sell every game out.

Now, even though the bandwagon has slowed somewhat, the Yankees still haven't gotten off their position from 2000. It's 11 years later, but they still consider themselves in that dynasty, when everyone wants to come to a Yankees game, no matter the cost.

NYYF Legend

Jets sent out renewals yesterday and offered us a nice gesture. If we pay through our bank account instead of credit card, we get to pick one of the following: Autographed Revis football, Autographed Mangold football, 50% off parking ($125-$175 in savings), or $100 gift card to use at concessions.

What did the Yankees offer me last I checked? Uh... oh yeh a revolving ticket rep.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Very true, GG. That's a big reason why I cut the cord this off season.

Just to give you another example of how another franchise does great things for their season ticket holders, these pictures were taken before one of the games during our 2010 Yankee road trip to US Cellular Field in late August. They had a ceremony before the game celebrating the Chicago Blackhawks making Chicago the only city to have a Champion in all four major sports within the last 25 yrs. They let the Blackhawks season tickholders come out of center field and walk with the Stanley Cup around the warning track to the home plate area, where they got to stand right in front as they displayed all four trophies, one from each sport. Not only was I envious that NY couldn't do this (Thanks Knicks) but I was also envious thinking to myself "The Yankees in a million billion years would never do anything remotely close to this cool for their STH's" I know there's probably much less STH's for the Blackhawks and it's more manageable for them but it's just an example of something we would never ever see here and probably never will.
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04418.jpg
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04420.jpg
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04422.jpg
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    Very true, GG. That's a big reason why I cut the cord this off season.

Just to give you another example of how another franchise does great things for their season ticket holders, these pictures were taken before one of the games during our 2010 Yankee road trip to US Cellular Field in late August. They had a ceremony before the game celebrating the Chicago Blackhawks making Chicago the only city to have a Champion in all four major sports within the last 25 yrs. They let the Blackhawks season tickholders come out of center field and walk with the Stanley Cup around the warning track to the home plate area, where they got to stand right in front as they displayed all four trophies, one from each sport. Not only was I envious that NY couldn't do this (Thanks Knicks) but I was also envious thinking to myself "The Yankees in a million billion years would never do anything remotely close to this cool for their STH's" I know there's probably much less STH's for the Blackhawks and it's more manageable for them but it's just an example of something we would never ever see here and probably never will.
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04418.jpg
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04420.jpg
    http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/...G/DSC04422.jpg
    Talk about jinxing themselves. Boston went on to accomplish that last year except they can lay claim to last decade, not 25 yrs. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Jets sent out renewals yesterday and offered us a nice gesture. If we pay through our bank account instead of credit card, we get to pick one of the following: Autographed Revis football, Autographed Mangold football, 50% off parking ($125-$175 in savings), or $100 gift card to use at concessions.

What did the Yankees offer me last I checked? Uh... oh yeh a revolving ticket rep.
    Its not that its such a nice gesture..They dont want to pay those credit card fees.

My buddy took the discounted parking....

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Its not that its such a nice gesture..They dont want to pay those credit card fees.
    True, but the Yankees are the type of org that would figure out how much $$ they could save and just begin to require you to pay by bank account instead of credit card and give you nothing in return, to save the money.

Guess I shouldn't be giving them any bright ideas, huh.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    True, but the Yankees are the type of org that would figure out how much $$ they could save and just begin to require you to pay by bank account instead of credit card and give you nothing in return, to save the money.

Guess I shouldn't be giving them any bright ideas, huh.
    There was a time when I had to submit payment for playoff tickets with certified funds. Credit cards were NOT accepted.

Talk about a major inconvenience....

Cheers!
    -Doug

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    There was a time when I had to submit payment for playoff tickets with certified funds. Credit cards were NOT accepted.

Talk about a major inconvenience....

Cheers!
    -Doug
    I remember those days. I also remember in the 90s when a ticket order form would be a small flap of the pocket schedule you could mail in. Oh, the 90s. But, I digress.

NYYF Legend

That's fine by me. For tickets, I have a card that theoretically only gives me a 1.2% return. This amounts to a 5% return for me.

NYYF Legend

That's fine by me. For tickets, I have a card that theoretically only gives me a 1.2% return. This amounts to a 5% return for me.
    As a large merchant, the Jets probably pay 2-2.5% fees to the card networks. Assume 2.5%, an average of 2 seats at $125/ticket for 10 games, and they are saving $62.50 per account. Their margins on concessions must be well over 100% so a $100 gift card costs them less than $50 so it's a win-win for everyone.

50% off parking is even better if you drive to the game

Of course, but at least they're offering their STHs their choice of several decent incentives, including a couple that would save them a significant amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONHORSE4 View Post
    Why does the 9 game plan have $15 and $10 on the website?? I put in 2 tix for the Friday plan and it showed up at $135 a seat in 420B. What gives. My seats for that plan are $28 a agme in 419...
    It's a value plan and all the games probably fall under the $5 moniker. It's the same as the E Plan in YSII without the one Premium Game. I've been waiting since they moved across the street to bring it back.

the Jets don't take their STHs for suckers because there is a limited number of them.
    the Jets did not sell the upper deck of their new stadium with PSLs because Johnson is uber rich,
    its because very few Jets fan or pro scalpers would buy them with PSLs attached.
    the Jets were able to partner with the Giants on building a stadium because of the the guaranteed NFL shared TV money.
    the ticket revenue is something they still must work to get;
    building solid STH relationships is something, at this point, they cannot take for granted.
    the Giants fan base is alot bigger and they were able to sell the upper deck with PSLs,
    but funny how I was on the ten year plus waiting list for Giant tickets,
    and now they call me to sell $350 seats with $10,000 PSLs attached.

according to Levine,Trost and Bowtie,
    there is an unlimited amount of Yankee ticket buyers who have no problem drinking their same kool-aid year after year.

I have to agree here, they really haven't made anyone feel special, unless they are from a hedge fund. I think I mentioned this before, but my friend works at one in GREENWICH and DAVID CONE called up trying to get them to come on a private tour of the stadium, conducted by him. I'll never get that with my 12 game plan, but that's okay.

The Mets, on the other hand, gave a cool engraved wooden box to celebrate the end of Shea stadium, which I thought was really nice. I actually keep all my sports tickets in there now. I don't know what they do currently, but it would be nice to have some cheap gift that is exclusive to ticket holders from the Yankees.

I got a call from my rep today. I sent it to voicemail instead of actually talking to him about something I'm not interested in; that being buying more Yankee tickets.

A little background first. I had a full season plan in 214A a couple of years ago. I tried to upgrade to 214B last year but with no luck. As it turns out, I'm very glad that didn't go through. I ended up ditching the 214A plan altogether and I'm glad I did since I would have taken a bath on them.

Anyway, for this season, I bought a single in the outfield GS for $90 just for the presale code (and seniority for whatever that's worth - I'm assuming virtually nothing). So, my rep leaves me a voice mail telling me that some seats "have become available" in 214A and he wants to see if I'm interested.

Are you kidding me?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Thread Information