View Poll Results: Are you renewing your Yankees ticket Plan(s) for 2012?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renewing all my Ticket Plan(s)

45 36.29%
  • Renewing/Dropping at least one of several Ticket Plans

20 16.13%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plan(s)

46 37.10%
  • Must get a downgrade to Renew

13 10.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Re: Are you Renewing for 2012?

I caved...a little. Was browsing online and found two tickets for a Saturday Plan in Section 420C, Row 12, Seats 1-2. Total outlay for 16 games (13 Saturdays, plus three garbage dates), including TM processing fee, came to $961.00. While I don't think there's much value in seniority I'll get to retain mine (Jan 1999), and I'll likely buy a pair of tickets to Opening Day during the pre-sale. As for a former full season holder, I may miss the guaranteed playoff games, but I certainly won't miss four digit losses on tickets.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    I caved...a little. Was browsing online and found two tickets for a Saturday Plan in Section 420C, Row 12, Seats 1-2. Total outlay for 16 games (13 Saturdays, plus three garbage dates), including TM processing fee, came to $961.00. While I don't think there's much value in seniority I'll get to retain mine (Jan 1999), and I'll likely buy a pair of tickets to Opening Day during the pre-sale. As for a former full season holder, I may miss the guaranteed playoff games, but I certainly won't miss four digit losses on tickets.
    Wow, out of everyone, I thought you'd be the one not to cave.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    Wow, out of everyone, I thought you'd be the one not to cave.
    Hehe! I thought about it for quite some time. Ultimately, I took emotion out of the equation and simply made a financial decision. I didn't want my contempt for off-field management to cloud my judgement, either. I'll be honest: I was very tempted to purchase full seasons in 420A, Row 3, Seats 1-2 when they showed up online prior to the SAS event, but I couldn't bring myself to commit a very significant amount of money - even for my dream seats, after the way STHs had been, and continue to be abused. Fortunately, I was able to find a decent pair of seats that will allow me to occasionally enjoy games with family and friends without having to hemorrhage cash.

you must really like aisle seats because out of those 16 games,
    for at least 12 of them , for seats in the 420s ,you will pay alot less than $56/pair including the fees on Stubhub.

let us know what you get on the opening day presale and
    if you see the same faces around you on gamedays.

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    you must really like aisle seats...
    I'm 6'4 (and not thin!) so I appreciate the extra legroom aisle seats afford.

NYYF Triple Crown

....Section 420C....
    You'll be section neighbors with djnova23 now. Maybe he can mentor you in the ways to make thousands of dollars off those seats. I think you should definitely arrange a meeting.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYF Cy Young

When did you find those seats?? I've been looking for aisle seats in the 420s . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    When did you find those seats?? I've been looking for aisle seats in the 420s . . .
    About a 4-5 days ago. They didn't show up on the initial seach, so I 'committed' to a few sets of tickets (without actually going to checkout) before 420C, 12, 1-2 became available. Once that pair popped up I released the other tickets back into the pool.

NYYF Cy Young

About a 4-5 days ago. They didn't show up on the initial seach, so I 'committed' to a few sets of tickets (without actually going to checkout) before 420C, 12, 1-2 became available. Once that pair popped up I released the other tickets back into the pool.
    This is a very good reason for enabling the seat map for ticket plans . . .

BTW, when I have checked over the last several weeks, the only time a 420 has come up for a Sat+ plan was in row 14, and not an aisle.

What locations came up for you before the 420C seats? I can't imagine anything better - it makes me question how they have the definition of "best available" programmed in TM.
    Last edited by Sparky; 02-08-12 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    This is a very good reason for enabling the seat map for ticket plans . . .

BTW, when I have checked over the last several weeks, the only time a 420 has come up for a Sat+ plan was in row 14, and not an aisle.

What locations came up for you before the 420C seats? I can't imagine anything better - it makes me question how they have the definition of "best available programmed in TM.
    Add four more games and you can grab a 20 plan behind home plate a few rows closer and get yourself postseason rights minus the hassle of the pre-sale in seats that won't cost you an arm and a leg for the World Series.

You sure you didn't pick these tickets up in anticipation of the Madonna presale?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    You sure you didn't pick these tickets up in anticipation of the Madonna presale?
    You mean we get first dibs at grossly overpriced tickets to the Attention Whore Tour? Woohoo!

The Yankees are getting desperate. They're now opening up previously forbidden areas to weekend plans.

Click image for larger version

Name:	16game_728x400c.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	20796
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    The Yankees are getting desperate. They're now opening up previously forbidden areas to weekend plans.

Attachment 20796
    Did you see what the new areas were? Last week, when they said they lowered prices on field level seats, the only change was to move $70 seats to $65. All others were exactly the same. I'll be interested to see if this is similar.

Had a Friday plan in Infield Grandstand that I didn't renew. Finally caved & picked up a pair of bleacher seats in the 9 game plan to keep seniority & presale password.

NYYF Legend

Maybe this was a smart move by the Yankees. All of us picking small plans with weekday games for seniority. Yankees know they can sell out weekend/big games during the week. Blah.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl46 View Post
    picked up a pair of bleacher seats in the 9 game plan to keep seniority & presale password.
    If all you wanted was to keep your seniority and presale password, you could have just gotten a single instead of the pair (which is the route I took).
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Maybe this was a smart move by the Yankees. All of us picking small plans with weekday games for seniority. Yankees know they can sell out weekend/big games during the week. Blah.
    and also Levine and Trost watering down the pre-sale with more people with partial plans.

for a regular season or even a world series pre-sale,
    someone who has had 2 tickets with a Sunday plan for over 12 years has the same odds as someone who just bought a single 2012 $90 plan?
    sounds like dirty pool to me.
    I refuse to abet that practice. Its wrong.

the quicker,
    Jeter and Mo retire, Arod physically collapses(who honestly wants to see him hit 714 or 715 at the stadium),
    CC's knees give out, Cano is the only star,
    the left field bleachers are completely unsold like the 80s and early 90s,
    outfield grandstands are general admission,
    the better

I can take a 10 year no playoffs drought, I'v lived thru two that were longer than that.

If all you wanted was to keep your seniority and presale password, you could have just gotten a single instead of the pair (which is the route I took).
    I seriously thought about it, but figured with a pair I'll at least go to a few of the games. I definitely couldn't get use out of a single.

NYYF Legend

Same with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    True... if the 9 game plan wasn't half price, I wouldn't have caved. If (when lol) they change it next year & the resale market is still pitiful, I'm definitely out.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl46 View Post
    I seriously thought about it, but figured with a pair I'll at least go to a few of the games. I definitely couldn't get use out of a single.
    I was afraid to just get a single because I worry that they would only let me get a single for the playoffs. I want to be sure I can get a pair.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I was afraid to just get a single because I worry that they would only let me get a single for the playoffs. I want to be sure I can get a pair.
    I'm fairly sure they let you get 2 or 4. Maybe it's 2.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I'm fairly sure they let you get 2 or 4. Maybe it's 2.
    It's been 2 per game in the past but I don't trust them. It could change and it's worth $90 for me to have some piece of mind. Plus I'll trade some of my tickets for games that I find more desirable. At least they still have tiny ticket exchange program.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It's been 2 per game in the past but I don't trust them. It could change and it's worth $90 for me to have some piece of mind. Plus I'll trade some of my tickets for games that I find more desirable. At least they still have tiny ticket exchange program.
    I think it'll stay 2 per account this year but next year they will explicitly state that if you have a single in a plan, you only get rights to a single in the postseason

Thread Information