View Poll Results: Are you renewing your Yankees ticket Plan(s) for 2012?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renewing all my Ticket Plan(s)

45 36.29%
  • Renewing/Dropping at least one of several Ticket Plans

20 16.13%
  • Dropping all my Ticket Plan(s)

46 37.10%
  • Must get a downgrade to Renew

13 10.48%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 36 ... LastLast
    NYYF Cy Young

Re: Are you Renewing for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
    I saw those as well. when I called yesterday they were gone. however, he was able to move my saturday plan from 422 row 13 to 420b row 11. i was really pissed that they added yet another mid week game to the plan but i'll just re-assess every year and see if i can get lower rows behind home plate.
    When did you make that move - looks like yesterday? I talked to my rep yesterday and those seats were not available (and not on yankees.com either). I'm still stuck in row 13.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    When did you make that move - looks like yesterday? I talked to my rep yesterday and those seats were not available (and not on yankees.com either). I'm still stuck in row 13.
    Yesterday morning. at first he told me that only section 422 or 481 were available, then I told him i had seen some in 420b & 420c. he did a couple of refreshes for these seats to come up.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
    Yesterday morning. at first he told me that only section 422 or 481 were available, then I told him i had seen some in 420b & 420c. he did a couple of refreshes for these seats to come up.
    Wow - they literally came up while you were on the phone with him? It just shows how unstructured and luck-based the relo process is . . .

Good for you!

I also saw those seats in 420B on Saturday night and wanted them (I've been trying to move down from row 13 in 420B) and probably should have bought them and paid the $40.

But in any case, I didn't want to lose my 420B location so I renewed today . . .

tons of row 11 now for sat plans... in infield grandstands.. 10 20 am

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth View Post
    Some sucker will come along and buy them. If only people would hold out and show the Yankees that the midweek throw ins and price increase are not fair.

Addicted Member

Upgraded from a 12 game plan in 235 to sat plus plan in 237. Pretty happy about that.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

NYYF Legend

Apparently the Yankees have taken inventory offline

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    Upgraded from a 12 game plan in 235 to sat plus plan in 237. Pretty happy about that.
    Did you do it your self or did the rep help you.. 237 is a great view !! It is amazing to me how many people gave up their fri sat and sunday bleacher plans.. Price increase and those 3 added games did them in..

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Apparently the Yankees have taken inventory offline
    How did you determine that?
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    How did you determine that?
    http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ckets.jsp#full

Click on "Buy Tickets", now says "Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time."

Addicted Member

Did you do it your self or did the rep help you.. 237 is a great view !! It is amazing to me how many people gave up their fri sat and sunday bleacher plans.. Price increase and those 3 added games did them in..
    the inventory was showing up online this morning and i saw that the seats in 237 were showing up and were on the aisle so I called up and asked to switch and they did it no problem.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

my unpaid Sunday plan invoice in 422 is still up on my account

fyi the April 15th Sunday game is officially a midnite game
    http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...ll-games/8664/

fyi taxes are due on Tuesday April 17th this year
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybui...april-15-2012/

does anyone know what the lowest possible available row would be for a saturday plan in sections 420a, b, c? i know I saw row 9 posted on-line..would that be the lowest that the yankees are currently allowing for those sections?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    fyi the April 15th Sunday game is officially a midnite game
    http://blog.timesunion.com/sportsmed...ll-games/8664/
    I knew this was coming! Just further validates my choice to drop my Sunday Plan. No more Sunday Night all-nighters for me.
    I actually thought they were going to let this game slip by and grab the NYY/Detroit Sunday game at the end of April.
    But once Pujols entered the picture...way too tempting to pass up for espn, I'm sure.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Don't understand why you can't see what's available anymore for the plans. I was hoping not to have to go to the select-a-seat. The weather isn't supposed to be great and odds are the seats available wouldn't be that good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan122 View Post
    Don't understand why you can't see what's available anymore for the plans. I was hoping not to have to go to the select-a-seat. The weather isn't supposed to be great and odds are the seats available wouldn't be that good anyway.
    Simple.... Control over inventory...

The select-a-seat was touted as the way to upgrade your location.... If they kept inventory on-line, then there is no way for configuration control. Meaning, their war room bulletin board would not be accurate, since new business could simply swoop in and buy at any time. This way, all inventory is controlled up at the Stadium for the duration of this event.

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

The select-a-seat was touted as the way to upgrade your location.... If they kept inventory on-line, then there is no way for configuration control. Meaning, their war room bulletin board would not be accurate, since new business could simply swoop in and buy at any time. This way, all inventory is controlled up at the Stadium for the duration of this event.

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Really? I thought the yankees can care less about their fans and STHs. They are only interested in selling as many seats as possible - no? They really care about saving good seats for those who show up at S-A-S and actually make this event meaningful? No way.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post

Cheers!
    -Doug
    Of course, if this was true, they would not have exposed any inventory until after the SAS event . . .

Of course, if this was true, they would not have exposed any inventory until after the SAS event . . .
    So why did they have all this stuff available throughout the last 2 weeks.

NYYF Legend

So why did they have all this stuff available throughout the last 2 weeks.
    I think you're making his point

Prior to the inventory going offline I pulled up the following seats for Full Season ticket plans through the Yankees website (via TicketMaster):

Grandstand Section 411, Row 3, Seats 1-2
    Grandstand Section 411, Row 6, Seats 1-4
    Grandstand Infield Section 420A, Row 3, Seats 1-2
    Grandstand Infield Section 420B, Row 8, Seats 1-4

These were just a handful of preferable Grandstand seats that were available to the general public. The fact that they were available at all speaks volumes about how many season ticket holders packed it in this past offseason, and how badly the Yankees have overestimated the demand for obviously overpriced tickets. Needless to say, it's a slap in the face to the remaining season ticket holders that seats like these were available to the public before the Select-a-Seat process, but loyalty has seemingly always been a one-way street when dealing with this organization, so it comes as no surprise.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeprideU2 View Post
    Really? I thought the yankees can care less about their fans and STHs. They are only interested in selling as many seats as possible - no? They really care about saving good seats for those who show up at S-A-S and actually make this event meaningful? No way.
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid. You're probably one of those that considers a Jets PSL valuable equity.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Michael View Post
    Prior to the inventory going offline I pulled up the following seats for Full Season ticket plans through the Yankees website (via TicketMaster):

Grandstand Section 411, Row 3, Seats 1-2
    Grandstand Section 411, Row 6, Seats 1-4
    Grandstand Infield Section 420A, Row 3, Seats 1-2
    Grandstand Infield Section 420B, Row 8, Seats 1-4

These were just a handful of preferable Grandstand seats that were available to the general public. The fact that they were available at all speaks volumes about how many season ticket holders packed it in this past offseason, and how badly the Yankees have overestimated the demand for obviously overpriced tickets. Needless to say, it's a slap in the face to the remaining season ticket holders that seats like these were available to the public before the Select-a-Seat process, but loyalty has seemingly always been a one-way street when dealing with this organization, so it comes as no surprise.
    That really sucks. What nerve

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85 View Post
    Keep drinking the Kool Aid. You're probably one of those that considers a Jets PSL valuable equity.
    The only way a Jets PSL would be a valuable commodity is if purchasing one gave you the right to refuse and not get billed for pre-season games in perpetuity...

Thread Information