+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Thanks

It didn't end as we hoped, but the Yankees gave us another season of great baseball. Most wins in the AL in a season where no one predicted them to win the division.

Thanks to the Yankees for countless hours of enjoyment this year.

It's time to reflect, retool and get ready to win it all next year.

The baseball season is officially over.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Re: Thanks

BOOOOOOO. What is all this crap?
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Thank you Jorge for carrying your weight every single game this series after a long, trying season and a fantastic f*cking career.

http://youtu.be/Io22Z1ORnLI

They exceeded my expectations and gave us some memorable milestone moments. The future is bright for this team.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

I'm feeling so melancholy right now but I'm going to echo this sentiment.

It's at times like these when we all need to remember to be good to each other. Let's not take out our frustrations on our fellow fans with unnecessarily heated debates about who to blame.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Great season in my book...didnt expect the playoffs and we ended up winning the division.

It is bitter sweet because there are a few guys that I think are at the very end now. But 2011 was a good year.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

They had a better season than I expected them to with the rotation they had. Hopefully they can find some way to improve the rotation next year and go further in October.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm feeling so melancholy right now but I'm going to echo this sentiment.

It's at times like these when we all need to remember to be good to each other. Let's not take out our frustrations on our fellow fans with unnecessarily heated debates about who to blame.
    Because the Tigers are the blame. People are so silly sometimes.

And yeah, I never expected to be here. So let's be happy we did.

Jeter's fly to right came up a few feet short. Kind of sums up the season.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It didn't end as we hoped, but the Yankees gave us another season of great baseball. Most wins in the AL in a season where no one predicted them to win the division.

Nicely put. I second it!

NYYF Cy Young

I hate that losing feeling, but for every one of us that is disappointed there's a fellow human being that is happy. And hey I guess Detroit could use some cheer.
    Thank you Yankees for a great season and proving most of ESPN wrong
    " I used to be confused... but now I just don't know..."

...you're off to great places Norge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    They exceeded my expectations and gave us some memorable milestone moments. The future is bright for this team.
    Agreed. This was a great season and better than many of us could have imagined. How many people really expected us to win the division?! There were many bright spots throughout the season. Jesus' much anticipated debut, the success of Nova and Robertson, Jeter's resurgence, #3000, Mo's record, and the list goes on. Personally, I was able to go to my first game at the Stadium in September thanks to my lovely girlfriend. It was a blow out of the Red Sox that I won't soon forget. Thank you for entertaining me throughout the summer, being something for me to look forward to when I got out of class, or being the little bit of "home" I managed to bring to college with me through MLB.tv.

If this was Jorge's last season in pinstripes, I will be sad to see him go. Throughout my fandom of the Yankees, he has always been there. He is not the player he used to be, but I will miss him, just as I miss Bernie, O'Neill, and Pettitte. Thank you, Jorge

Chin up my fellow Yankee fans. There'll be better days. Just be happy that we had another chance to win #28. It wasn't meant to be.

When I look back at 2011, just like John and many others, we're not supposed to win the AL East Division, but we did.

No one is going to take that 2011 AL East title away from us. And no one is going to take away our 27 world titles.

I don't like long winters/offseasons, but like true champions, I'll take it on the chin and move on.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Jeter View Post
    I hate that losing feeling, but for every one of us that is disappointed there's a fellow human being that is happy. And hey I guess Detroit could use some cheer.
    Thank you Yankees for a great season and proving most of ESPN wrong
    Bad rotation usually means no postseason. They were extremely fortunate that Colon and Garcia gave them a ton more than expected.

NYYF Cy Young

I am not going to say they exceeded expectations. I fully expected them to make the playoffs, but as the WC. It was a pleasant surprise they won the division. Once they were in though I had higher expectations. Pretty dissapointed right now, but will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Jeter View Post
    I am surprised at those who didn't expect the team to make the playoffs
    I expected them to make the playoffs, I just didn't expect them to put up much of a fight against superior pitching and deeper lineups. Crazy to think our 2-3-4-5-6 starters combined for 84 ML starts total in 2010. It was just a shame that the heart of our lineup simply couldn't produce.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19 View Post
    I expected them to make the playoffs, I just didn't expect them to put up much of a fight against superior pitching and deeper lineups. Crazy to think our 2-3-4-5-6 starters combined for 84 ML starts total in 2010. It was just a shame that the heart of our lineup simply couldn't produce.
    Agreed. I didn't expect them to go far neither but I certainly expected better than the first round exit.

Oh well, at this point I am used to making the playoff and then flame out. We will be back next year and hopefull be better.
    [I]Let's go Yankees![/I]

This loss shouldn't sit well with anybody. Didn't expect to be here? Better than expected? Screw that. This is the Yankees, we expect to be in the WS every year.

They had no business losing tonight's game the way they did. So many missed opportunities, so many maddening decisions by Girardi, just an awful way to end the season.

This one especially ticks me off because a) that's twice we've lost in the DS to Detroit, and b) it robs us of a chance for revenge on Texas

The only real coherent and printable thought I have right now is to say thanks for the memories Jorge, and thanks for showing up to win when the other vets were content to sit back and let themselves fall victim to a ridiculous strike zone.

Yanksfanintoronto Yanksfanintoronto's Avatar

Thanks for all the witty posts JDPNYY. It was a fun first season here at NYYFANS for me. It has been a great season and we have much to look forward to in 2012. To Jorge, Thank You...you made this stupid immigrant kid believe in 03' that you could come back from the impossible. I wish him the best in his career/retired life. It's time to think about the offseason what changes could be made.
    Death, Taxes and King Eli under centre

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sabbathia View Post
    This loss shouldn't sit well with anybody. Didn't expect to be here? Better than expected? Screw that. This is the Yankees, we expect to be in the WS every year.

They had no business losing tonight's game the way they did. So many missed opportunities, so many maddening decisions by Girardi, just an awful way to end the season.

This one especially ticks me off because a) that's twice we've lost in the DS to Detroit, and b) it robs us of a chance for revenge on Texas

The only real coherent and printable thought I have right now is to say thanks for the memories Jorge, and thanks for showing up to win when the other vets were content to sit back and let themselves fall victim to a ridiculous strike zone.
    Wouldn't taking Wilson be better revenge on Texas?

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

My sentiments exactly. I think they did exceed expectations and they gave us a great season. You can't win them all and I do appreciate the hard work put in by the entire team.

28 in '12

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    Wouldn't taking Wilson be better revenge on Texas?
    No. I don't want CJ Wilson anywhere near this team.

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Thank you to Jorge for all you poured into this season and this series especially. You are a class act and will be missed.

28 in '12

Devoted Member

A bad ending but a thoroughly memorable and enjoyable season of baseball in the Bronx. Lots of highs and great moments. No reason to jump off any bridges.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

It hurts... can't put it any other way. But there were some tremendous moments this season. And as everyone has rightly noted, Jorge did one hell of a job in this series. Even when the guys who were supposed to be carrying the offense couldn't get a sac fly, Jorge was in there. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, but if this is Jorge's last season as a Yankee, I'm really glad for him.

Thread Information