+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mostly an Observer

Re: Pink Floyd ---- THE WALL ---- at the stadium 2012

I got the email on Friday saying to click here to buy tickets. The link came with a .pdf seating chart with prices.

I scored 2 tickets in the terrace behind home plate (not bad seats for a stadium show...really good sound and it's not like you can see the stage anyway....they build a freakin Wall in front of it).

The seating chart from the Yankees said these tickets would be priced at $59.50 a piece, however Ticketmaster charged me $79.50 a piece (plus all their fees).

Curious.

Did the Yankees make a mistake with the included seating chart? Or did I just experience yet another instance of Ticketmaster gouging?

I wonder if the NY Attorney General's office would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Pretty surprising but that's just ticketmaster bugging up. You have to try with different browsers, I think Firefox worked best today. I didn't end up buying anything
    Springsteen screwed up TM's servers all morning.

Quote Originally Posted by AnskyAddict View Post
    I got the email on Friday saying to click here to buy tickets. The link came with a .pdf seating chart with prices.

I scored 2 tickets in the terrace behind home plate (not bad seats for a stadium show...really good sound and it's not like you can see the stage anyway....they build a freakin Wall in front of it).

The seating chart from the Yankees said these tickets would be priced at $59.50 a piece, however Ticketmaster charged me $79.50 a piece (plus all their fees).

Curious.

Did the Yankees make a mistake with the included seating chart? Or did I just experience yet another instance of Ticketmaster gouging?

I wonder if the NY Attorney General's office would be interested.
    yeah i think that ticketmaster screwed up with the seating chart because according to the seating chart, 59.50 shouldve gotten you a seat anywhere in the INF Grandstand or terrace. but i guess that the 59.50 was only for the INF Grandstand

NYYF Legend

Mine were the 59.50 and I got sixth row Grandstand in 420 which isn't bad.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

well i managed to get 3 in 416 at 70 a piece. not bad, though something weird did happen when the tickets went on sale. there was no $69 price option. the price ranged from $42 and the next level being $89. i was like WTF? i know there was a $69 option. i didnt know what to do. theres no way i was spending $90 on this show. but then i typed in 3 in the grandstand and 3 tickets for $69 a piece showed up. so im happy to be going despite the little confusion.

no surprise, second show added the next night , tickets go onsale Feb.11th

http://www.examiner.com/hard-rock-mu...e-for-the-wall

probably will be another pre-sale because they didnt put the second show on sale immediately after the first one soldout

they want folks to gobble them up
    meanwhile there are 4400 tickets now on stubhub with alot of the grandstands not marked up crazily
    those prices should go down as the next night is Saturday and that will be the more popular night to attend

here is the press release for the second show

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/news/...r_nyy&c_id=nyy

what does this mean?

"Ticket prices are subject to change based on date/time of purchase. There will be no price adjustments for prior ticket purchases."

I guess come July they will lower the price for unsold tickets.
    I know its done for concerts, just never seen this kind of disclaimer publicly admitted before tickets go onsale

Finally the show arrives. Tickets say 845pm start - anybody know if that is an accurate start time or the length of the show? Info would be helpful for train times. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhettrick55 View Post
    Just called he said doors @ 7 but he didn't know what time the show ended other than it starting at 9 (I'd still plan for 8:45 just in case). I believe there is an intermission too.
    Of course there's an intermission. They have to turn the record over.

[/old guy]
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Icon23 View Post
    Finally the show arrives. Tickets say 845pm start - anybody know if that is an accurate start time or the length of the show? Info would be helpful for train times. Thanks
    Just don't miss the last train home . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

[/old guy]
    Then there would be three intermissions. The Wall Double-LP wasn't cut for sequential play on a changer.... like Frampton Comes Alive was (at least I remember FCA being cut that way.....)

Cheers!
    -Doug

p.s. - Actually fired up the old Dual 1225 last night. Still spins like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by dhettrick55 View Post
    Just called he said doors @ 7 but he didn't know what time the show ended other than it starting at 9 (I'd still plan for 8:45 just in case). I believe there is an intermission too.
    Saw the show in Albany NY and there is about a 30 min intermission after the first side of the album is over when they finish "Goodbye Cruel World" and before they reopen with "Hey You"
    Deja vu all over again

There will be a running theme of Snoop Dogg's Puff Puff and Pass It Along.

So if you are on field level, dont forget to pick some stadium grass - the ones that grow on the field.
    It's never about what you know, it's who you know ..... and who's willing to help you to get where you want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveBernie51! View Post
    Saw the show in Albany NY and there is about a 30 min intermission after the first side of the album is over when they finish "Goodbye Cruel World" and before they reopen with "Hey You"
    For the *record*,
    The first side ends with "Mother"
    The second side ends with ABITW3 / "Goodbye Cruel World"
    The third side ends with "Comfortably Numb"
    The 4th side ends with the end "Outside the Wall"

I think you meant to write, "after the first disc"...

Just being picky.... Enjoy the show, all!

Cheers!
    -Doug

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    For the *record*,
    The first side ends with "Mother"
    The second side ends with ABITW3 / "Goodbye Cruel World"
    The third side ends with "Comfortably Numb"
    The 4th side ends with the end "Outside the Wall"

I think you meant to write, "after the first disc"...

Just being picky.... Enjoy the show, all!

Cheers!
    -Doug
    No I meant to write album

I thought about "half" but I wasn't in a "half kind of mood" today if you know what I mean. Maybe tomorrow.

Cheers!
    Deja vu all over again

Devoted Member

Was a great show-1st row in 228. Got under way about 9PM, so no rush to get your seats. Intermission runs about a half hour.

Wonder if he got his flying pig back or if they're writing it off every show. Crashed near the end of the show into the crowd behind home plate.

One thing-it is very hot today, way more humid than yesterday. Hydrate.
    pitching, pitching and pitching

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

[/old guy]

Terrific Post. Kudos.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

had a good time. took my nephew along on Friday.

Oy.... so many stories, so many people I know who went. Sigh.
    Boo for trading Prado.

went both nights.
    didnt buy when tickets originally went onsale because I didnt know what my schedule would be like last week with July 4th in the middle of the week.

Friday afternoon, checked ticketmaster and saw they were selling limited view tix in 408 for 34.50. nothing else better to do, dvred the yankee red sox game and headed up solo to the ys box office to save on the ticketmaster fees of 12 bucks for a 34 dollar ticket. ask the box office guy for one 34 dollar tix and he gave me 431b row 3 on the aisle by the left field foul pole. I asked if he had any 34 dollar tickets for Saturday night and he said no. I sat in 431b for the first few songs then wandered around the upper deck checking out the rest of the show from different standing spots until I ended up in 307.

Saturday morning called some friends and told them its definitely worth 34 bucks to see the show. checked ticketmaster again and saw they were selling 34 dollar tickets in 427 but you had to open different browsers. one browser was selling seats in 427 row 5 for 69 dollars while another browser had seats in row 10 for $34. if you just looked for the best $34 tix, nothing came up. you had to just chose best grandstand , try for 8, and then you would find the $34 tix. I told me friends lets just head up to the stadium and try at the box office for $34. We got there at 6:30pm and got $34 tickets in 415 row 9, perfect full view of the stage.
    we tailgated on the roof of the garage across from the bleacher entrance.
    The Saturday show was not soldout. I could tell they never sold tix in 431b like they did on Friday. and there were alot of empty seats in our section 415.

The show was very good; not a real rock show more closer to a combination of live music and theatrics. Some parts are pre-recorded like when the kids were singing "HEY TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE". Reminded me of the lasarium shows we used to go to at the planetarium but on steroids.. You dont usually smell reefer inside the new stadium, right? They could of done without the 20 minute intermission but they need to sell crap. Weather was perfect both nights, hot with a slight breeze in the upper deck. The show is eventually going to be on Broadway without Waters but seeing it at YS wont be beat.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    went both nights.
    didnt buy when tickets originally went onsale because I didnt know what my schedule would be like last week with July 4th in the middle of the week.

Friday afternoon, checked ticketmaster and saw they were selling limited view tix in 408 for 34.50. nothing else better to do, dvred the yankee red sox game and headed up solo to the ys box office to save on the ticketmaster fees of 12 bucks for a 34 dollar ticket. ask the box office guy for one 34 dollar tix and he gave me 431b row 3 on the aisle by the left field foul pole. I asked if he had any 34 dollar tickets for Saturday night and he said no. I sat in 431b for the first few songs then wandered around the upper deck checking out the rest of the show from different standing spots until I ended up in 307.

Saturday morning called some friends and told them its definitely worth 34 bucks to see the show. checked ticketmaster again and saw they were selling 34 dollar tickets in 427 but you had to open different browsers. one browser was selling seats in 427 row 5 for 69 dollars while another browser had seats in row 10 for $34. if you just looked for the best $34 tix, nothing came up. you had to just chose best grandstand , try for 8, and then you would find the $34 tix. I told me friends lets just head up to the stadium and try at the box office for $34. We got there at 6:30pm and got $34 tickets in 415 row 9, perfect full view of the stage.
    we tailgated on the roof of the garage across from the bleacher entrance.
    The Saturday show was not soldout. I could tell they never sold tix in 431b like they did on Friday. and there were alot of empty seats in our section 415.

The show was very good; not a real rock show more closer to a combination of live music and theatrics. Some parts are pre-recorded like when the kids were singing "HEY TEACHER LEAVE THOSE KIDS ALONE". Reminded me of the lasarium shows we used to go to at the planetarium but on steroids.. You dont usually smell reefer inside the new stadium, right? They could of done without the 20 minute intermission but they need to sell crap. Weather was perfect both nights, hot with a slight breeze in the upper deck. The show is eventually going to be on Broadway without Waters but seeing it at YS wont be beat.

there were clouds of reefer..

I have never been a huge Pink Floyd fan, but I must admit it was a great show.
    So glad that I went to it!

Quote Originally Posted by 4trainEddie View Post
    They could of done without the 20 minute intermission but they need to sell crap.
    Or it could be that Roger Waters is like 70 years old. I think he deserves one.
    Boo for trading Prado.

the field during the game tonight at the stadium. you can still notice an imprint from the wall stage

AxuEMSfCEAEHkaK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma View Post
    the field during the game tonight at the stadium. you can still notice an imprint from the wall stage

Attachment 21147
    doesnt look bad at all.
    the soccer games will beat up the field alot worse especially if it rains during the game.

Thread Information