Closed Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Re: Offseason Prospect Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheHugeUnit2 View Post
    Im sure he's not getting millions. Quintana probably just saw hell have a better shot with the white sox than us.
    However, thousands more means a lot to him though which it might have been along with your assertion about having a better shot with the Sox.

losing out on a promising prospect for a couple thousand is pretty ridiculous
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    losing out on a promising prospect for a couple thousand is pretty ridiculous
    if the Yankees let him go over a couple thousand, its most likely because he isn't that promising
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    if the Yankees let him go over a couple thousand, its most likely because he isn't that promising
    Furthermore, we don't know what the actual offers were so it's nothing but speculation on our part as to why he's a White Sox now.

or he left because it is better for his career. ja
    always reasonable

In the Dominican Winter League, Hector Noesi made another start on Wednesday and went six scoreless innings. Thatís his third straight start without an earned run, spanning a total of 17 innings. He has a 1.66 ERA through five outings. Heís struck out 14, walked five, and heís getting more than twice as many ground outs as fly outs
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2011/11/1...ntent=FaceBook
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

he's pretty polished but the stuff isn't going to get that much better
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    he's pretty polished but the stuff isn't going to get that much better
    He is alleged to have a better repertoire than Nova.

I know I started it but can I still discuss Noesi in prospect threads? Borderline.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    He is alleged to have a better repertoire than Nova.
    According to who?

I do think Noesi could be a nice back-end starter, but wouldn't say his stuff is on par with Nova. Noesi's calling card is his command. He's got solid FB velocity in the low 90's and a decent slider, changeup, and curve that he can mix and match with. He doesn't have a put away pitch, but can strike out a decent number of batters. In many ways though he kind of reminds me of Ian Kennedy. I think Kennedy's changeup is better than any of Noesi's offspeed pitches.

I think Noesi fits very nicely into a 6th starter type role this year where he would likely start the year in Scranton and jump into the rotation if/when an opportunity arises. Give someone like Kontos the long/middle relief role that Noesi served as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    According to who?
    Frankie Piliere

I just read this also. My limited knowledge says this is a screw up on someone's part.

The money didn't matter - if it was only money he'd still be with the Yankees. Its the roster spot that counted. The White Sox had extra space and were willing to add Quintana to the 40 man roster, we weren't. With the players we need to protect from the Rule V draft and the limited space available, it just didn't make sense for us to waste a roster spot on a guy whose ceiling is a middle reliever/loogy.

Top prospect top 15 prospect list is out... http://topprospectalert.com/2011/11/...pect-rankings/

I personally wouldn't have Ben Gamel even in the top 40, but I do like his list to some degree, even though mine would be different.

Top prospect top 15 prospect list is out... http://topprospectalert.com/2011/11/...pect-rankings/

I personally wouldn't have Ben Gamel even in the top 40, but I do like his list to some degree, even though mine would be different.
    -I'd have Sanchez ahead of Mason Williams

-Camarena 11th, huh? That's a pretty strong endorsement. He and Cave both make it, but Morton, Marshall and Mitchell do not.

Well the disclaimer at the end basically says "take with huge grain of salt"

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    Well the disclaimer at the end basically says "take with huge grain of salt"
    Most online prospect analyses should have that disclaimer.

Most online prospect analyses should have that disclaimer.
    Agreed, if they are just average joe's making prospect rankings. I may not agree with BA all that much, but they are at least a credible source.

Interesting list, but definitely some things I'd disagree with. Camarena seems way high there, I'd almost certainly have Cote and Rookie Davis ahead of him just from his draft class, and Phelps as well. Top 15 seems awfully aggressive, not sure if he's even top 30 at this point. I'd also definitely have Gumbs, Culver, and Bird ahead of Gamel and Tejada.

Austin, Duran and Custodio probably beat out a couple of those guys, too. But good for him for going out on a limb.

I think this forum's Top 100 will be more fun to put together than any year I can remember.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Am I missing something or are they going to convert Cave to a pitcher?

Top 10 isn't bad, I wouldnt argue too much with who he has in there, but the order maybe a little out of whack.

Gamel is definitely a top 40 Yankee prospect.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Am I missing something or are they going to convert Cave to a pitcher?

Top 10 isn't bad, I wouldnt argue too much with who he has in there, but the order maybe a little out of whack.

Gamel is definitely a top 40 Yankee prospect.
    To each their own. Im not a gamel fan, but I was shocked to see Tyler Awesome not in there. Him and marshall are locks for top 15 on my list. I don't have problem with the Cave ranking tho, I wouldn't have him that high but I could see why he had him there.

Richmond Virginians

Transactions per Baseball America.

Signed: LHP Juan Cedeno (Rio Grande Valley (North American)), LHP Josh Romanski (re-signed)

YankeeSource Yankees

Noesi should be a starter for Yankees in 2012. Talented young arm, love the reports of him throwing 96-97 in Winter Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    YankeeSource Yankees

Noesi should be a starter for Yankees in 2012. Talented young arm, love the reports of him throwing 96-97 in Winter Ball.
    as a reliever? that would be an immense increase as a starter

Noesi has hit mid 90s before & this guy might be saying he's touched 96-97 here & there, not consistently or anything like that. Not 100% sure though since he wasn't very specific.

Either way, I'm not sure I really buy it.

He responded to me:

YankeeSource Yankees @

He works anywhere from 93-95. Touched 96-97.

Thread Information