Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Re: Offseason Prospect Thread

I don't think youth has anything to do with it. Plenty of 18/19 year old prospects make Top 100 lists.

Notorious Velocity Whore would make a great band name.

he must have been late on campos because it takes a while for his info cycle to update.

campos has high velo and fastball command, a rare combination that bodes well for future success. he has pedigree too. it's basically a nobrainer top 100 situation
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Santana's teammates are tweeting he's moving around fine right now. Law doesn't have any Yankee sources so he's trying to make an educated guess about Santana because of a similar injury suffered by Mitchell in the White Sox organization and the amount of time Mitchell missed. Once camp officially opens then we'll know for sure and if Santana is cleared for baseball activity when camp does open for the minor league players then I seriously doubt he's out for most of the season. Law is as connected to the Yankee organization as any of us which means he knows very little about what's happening with their players from a first hand perspective.
    Pete (New York)

Where did you got your info on Ravel Santana potentially missing most of the season? From all recent reports he has been running fine, albeit with a taped ankle
    Klaw (1:47 PM)

Team sources.

Still think he's full of sh*t. So "Team Sources" are telling every other writer lies & Law is the only one with the truth on Santana? Right.

(not aimed at you SeyBoss, just Law's BS response)

I don't know about Law and "sources", but the description of the injury the day it happened sounded devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Pete (New York)

Where did you got your info on Ravel Santana potentially missing most of the season? From all recent reports he has been running fine, albeit with a taped ankle
    Klaw (1:47 PM)

Team sources.
    Team sources my a$$ then why isn't he still rehabbing instead of running around the ball field with his teammates like Dante Jr.?

NYYF Legend

Team sources my a$$ then why isn't he still rehabbing instead of running around the ball field with his teammates like Dante Jr.?
    Maybe he means Red Sox team sources.

Impossible for rehab to include running? Tampa is their team complex.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Maybe he means Red Sox team sources.
    Maybe he meant tartar sauces.

doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. dude is like 19
    always reasonable

I'm more excited to follow the system than any other year. In fact I feel more drawn to the minor league part than the actual major league games for some off reason. Even though I think we got a great team at that level. Excited about the depth, the lower A ball teams and the new draftees.

Diego Moreno seems interesting. Good fastball and hard slider...

The other guy's name is too ridiculous to ever be a major leaguer.

Richmond Virginians

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheJetRodriguez View Post
    Diego Moreno seems interesting. Good fastball and hard slider...

The other guy's name is too ridiculous to ever be a major leaguer.
    Keep reading that Moreno is a head case. Suspended for kissing a fan in the bull pen.

NYYF Legend

Exicardo Cayones, OF: Cayones is 20 years old, born October 9th 1991. A left-handed hitter and thrower, Cayones was signed out of Venezuela in 2008, earning a $400,000 bonus, as part of Pittsburgh's attempt in recent years to invest more in Latin America. His career got off to a good start in the Venezuelan Summer League in 2009 with a .302/.396/.424 mark, but he hit just .263/.369/.362 after moving up to the Gulf Coast League in 2010. A disastrous 2-for-32 beginning in the 2011 New York-Penn League sent him back to the Gulf Coast League, where he hit .293/.389/.427. Cayones has a keen eye and has posted solid OBPs, but he hasn't produced much power and doesn't run well enough to play center field. He is a marginal prospect at this point.

Diego Moreno, RHP: Moreno is another product of Pittsburgh's scouting effort in Venezuela, signing as a free agent in 2006. A right-handed hitter and thrower born July 21, 1986, Moreno throws very hard, hitting 98 MPH on his best days and consistently in the 94-95 range. He also has a good slider and is frequently overpowering, posting consistently strong K/IP ratios. He fanned 45 in 45 innings last year between High-A Bradenton and Double-A Altoona, and he posted a terrific 69/8 K/BB in just 46 innings at those two levels in 2010. However, the results sometime seem less than the sum of the parts, he hasn't been consistently effective in Double-A, and his makeup has been questioned. He profiles as a middle reliever if he can put everything together, and his component ratios imply that he has sleeper potential. His arm strength makes him worth a flyer.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...rade#storyjump

A typical salary dump trade. I don't expect anything good from those prospects (Getting rid of AJ and saving $13M are good enough).

NYYF Legend

Considering when he was signed, does Moreno have to be added to the 40 man?

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    Considering when he was signed, does Moreno have to be added to the 40 man?
    No, at least not now. He was Rule V eligible this year and nobody took him. They might need to protect him next year if the they really want to keep him (and he breaks out this year).

NYYF Legend

Anyway, here are some of my favorite sleeper types from last year's class.....

**I am avoiding guys who signed for huge overslot bonuses and should have gone earlier in the draft. Amir Garrett isn't a sleeper. Phil Evans isn't a sleeper. Shawon Dunston Jr. is not a sleeper.

Hayden Sharp, RHP, New York Yankees: Drafted in the 18th round from high school in Morris, Oklahoma, Sharp signed for $200,000, which isn't a lot considering his potential. A 6-6, 200 pound right-hander, he is a premium athlete and showed a mid-90s fastball in high school, but is also very raw on the mound and was crushed for 12 hits and nine runs in four innings of rookie ball. He is a long shot, but has upside for a high school player in the later rounds who signed for reasonable money.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...s-rounds-10-20

Joey Maher, RHP, New York Yankees: Drafted in the 38th round from high school in Bedford, New Hampshire, Maher is a 6-5, 185 pound projection pick who has yet to pitch professionally, but has more upside than the normal 38th rounder. He has a good sinker and a chance to develop into a solid inning-eater.
    http://www.minorleagueball.com/2012/...t-two-round-21

Richmond Virginians

Didn't his mom used to post here?

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Didn't his mom used to post here?
    Are you thinking of Horne, and wasn't it his dad?

Yeah...on PP as well.

Thread Information