+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 552
  1. #76

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    In retrospect, I think the writers made a mistake in having Rick find his family so quickly. If he hadn't, you can either have him alone doing the 'traveling through zombieland' thing, or you could have him fall in with an entirely different group or groups of people, or both-- while still maintaining whatever story lines you wanted with the main group. There would be more characters to kill off, more action, and as a writer you could pick and choose which characters stay based on how well they worked instead of being stuck with these bland folks (who incidentally happen to stumble onto a farm occupied with even less interesting people).

    I didn't read the books so I don't know if they are just trying to stick with that, but there is lots more potential my way, I think.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  2. #77
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Enough with the little girl, do we need a month of episodes of them searching for her. How did that zombie get into that well? Any one see the highlights for next week, looks like Mearle is back.
    Yes! I noticed that Merle made an appearance in the previews as well.

    I don't know what the deal is with the family in this house, but there is more then meets the eye I think. Something too wholesome about them, I think it's a cover. That thing in the well, and the barn, there is something to both of those two things.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  3. #78

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Yes! I noticed that Merle made an appearance in the previews as well.

    I don't know what the deal is with the family in this house, but there is more then meets the eye I think. Something too wholesome about them, I think it's a cover. That thing in the well, and the barn, there is something to both of those two things.
    And when Theodore smashes in that zombies face after they pull it out of the well, that chick gave a look of disapproval. Interesting point, they have to be hiding something.

  4. #79

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Also why is this guy Herschel so against people walking around with guns?

  5. #80
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    I hadn't even thought about there being something up with the farm people, but there might be something to it. It's all too calm right now.

    And I said it last week, and I'll say it again - they need to end this missing girl saga soon, I'm getting tired of it. It would make an interesting 1-2 episode arc, but not the whole season.

    Anyone else think Lori is going to give herself an abortion? Or is that too over the top?

  6. #81
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Wait until the drama starts with who's kid it is. Shane or Rick.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  7. #82
    NYYF Legend

    RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Manchester, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Wait until the drama starts with who's kid it is. Shane or Rick.
    The timing might not "work" for it to possibly be from either one of them.

  8. #83
    NYYF Legend

    smr15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    West Milford, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Wait until the drama starts with who's kid it is. Shane or Rick.
    No matter whose kid it is, what an awful time to find yourself in THAT position..... like it's not hard enough to run away from them when you're not carrying a baby.
    Who would want to bring a baby into THAT world???
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

  9. #84
    NYYF Legend

    GiambiRocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hamilton, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Anyone else think Lori is going to give herself an abortion? Or is that too over the top?
    Too over the top, however the veterinarian might get involved.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

  10. #85
    NYYF Legend

    smr15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    West Milford, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Yes! I noticed that Merle made an appearance in the previews as well.

    I don't know what the deal is with the family in this house, but there is more then meets the eye I think. Something too wholesome about them, I think it's a cover. That thing in the well, and the barn, there is something to both of those two things.
    Check the barn! (..... I think there's something going on in there. Could this be a Dr. Moreau situation?)
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

  11. #86
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    What an odd episode. The well scene was hilarious, but mainly because of how dumb the characters are. The water would be contaminated if they blow his brains out? As if it wasn't contaminated already with a goddamn zombie floating in it?

  12. #87
    NYYF Legend

    smr15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    West Milford, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    What an odd episode. The well scene was hilarious, but mainly because of how dumb the characters are. The water would be contaminated if they blow his brains out? As if it wasn't contaminated already with the a goddamn zombie floating in it?
    yeah, I think that whole story line was created just so they could pull the zombie apart and be disgusting. And it WAS.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

  13. #88
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    The timing might not "work" for it to possibly be from either one of them.
    Didn't they bang right before Rick made it to camp? I think she was searching for her wedding band if I'm not mistaken, from last year's episodes.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  14. #89
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    Check the barn! (..... I think there's something going on in there. Could this be a Dr. Moreau situation?)
    That's what I've been thinking. That barn has a secret. And so does the walker in the well. You can't tell me all that time none of them knew that damn thing was in there making noises and whatever.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  15. #90
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That's what I've been thinking. That barn has a secret. And so does the walker in the well. You can't tell me all that time none of them knew that damn thing was in there making noises and whatever.
    I thought the same thing, but then why send them over to that well in the first place? She said there were several wells on the property, just send them to a different one.

    I think I'm going to take a closer look at the photographs they showed on the fridge a couple of episodes back and compare it to the zombie. Maybe it was one of the ones they lost.

  16. #91

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Didn't they bang right before Rick made it to camp? I think she was searching for her wedding band if I'm not mistaken, from last year's episodes.
    Yes, shane snuck up on her in the woods.

  17. #92

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I thought the same thing, but then why send them over to that well in the first place? She said there were several wells on the property, just send them to a different one.

    I think I'm going to take a closer look at the photographs they showed on the fridge a couple of episodes back and compare it to the zombie. Maybe it was one of the ones they lost.
    That was the crazy part, the chick wasnt like oh thats so & so, she just watched Teddy bash his skull in with the pump, the farm is in the middle of no where how can they not know the guy in the well.

  18. #93

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Brief synopsis of last Sunday.

    http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/27156

  19. #94
    Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, CA

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Or at least throw in a few more, you know, zombies.

    They've been sitting in the same spot for a few days and only came across that herd or whatever ten minutes after breaking down there. Nothing since.
    ... forget about the high school?
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

  20. #95

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    ... forget about the high school?
    No, but that's not what I was referring to. I was saying how they are not constantly on the run.

    I liked the HS situation-- it actually involved zombies, and a character actually did something interesting.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  21. #96
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    I have to agree the last episode was pretty lame. But they should be setting up something good. I hope so anyway. Every show goes through a lull to get to something big. Remember when they were in camp and Rick found his way there to meet up with the family. They could have stayed there, all safe and snuggly and keep looting what they could to keep their lives going but then the zombies came.

    This won't last long. Either the walkers are going to find them or something terrible is happening at that farm. Either way the show will pick up the pace soon. I do agree that the story with Sophia needs to come to a conclusion.

    I bet she bumped into Merle and he's got her. He was in the preview for next week. Unless it was some sort of flashback.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  22. #97

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I have to agree the last episode was pretty lame. But they should be setting up something good. I hope so anyway. Every show goes through a lull to get to something big. Remember when they were in camp and Rick found his way there to meet up with the family. They could have stayed there, all safe and snuggly and keep looting what they could to keep their lives going but then the zombies came.

    This won't last long. Either the walkers are going to find them or something terrible is happening at that farm. Either way the show will pick up the pace soon. I do agree that the story with Sophia needs to come to a conclusion.

    I bet she bumped into Merle and he's got her. He was in the preview for next week. Unless it was some sort of flashback.
    These last couple of episodes make it seem like the writers are trying to give some more depth to the characters-- Shane first, now the Asian kid.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  23. #98
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    These last couple of episodes make it seem like the writers are trying to give some more depth to the characters-- Shane first, now the Asian kid.
    Which I feel is the right thing to do. if we're going to care about them they have to do it. So I'm not giving up just yet. I certainly don't want every episode to be zombie attacks because it would get boring. But toss a bone in every now and then. The one in the well was retarded, unless there is a story behind it that goes somewhere.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  24. #99
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Which I feel is the right thing to do. if we're going to care about them they have to do it. So I'm not giving up just yet. I certainly don't want every episode to be zombie attacks because it would get boring. But toss a bone in every now and then. The one in the well was retarded, unless there is a story behind it that goes somewhere.
    The whole thing with the barn, the reaction of the one woman when the zombie split in half, there just has to be more to it. They do have to wrap up this search for the little girl. It has dragged on one episode too long imo. I am not ready to give up on it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

  25. #100

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Oh I'm definitely not going to give up on it. And I agree the characters need some depth. I guess I am expecting more action-- I had high hopes going in when I first heard about the series and I think there is so much potential. It's been generally disappointing though so far IMO.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts