+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    There was a little bit too much talking in this one. It was hard not to laugh at the whole scene between Rick and his wife talking about how Carl saw a deer so that's why he should live.

The Shane parts more than made up for it though.
    Yeah, the Shane part was good-- it finally added another dimension to a character.

But there's really no story going on--

Will Annie Lennox find her daughter-- don't care about either one of them.
    Will the blonde chick forgive the old man-- who cares?
    Will the Asian guy bang the farm girl-- slightly more interesting, but it doesn't really matter.
    Will the black guy have more than two lines?
    Will Rick and his wife and kid, I don't know, keep doing whatever it is they do?
    Crossbow guy is interesting, because he is competent and is usually where whatever action there is is taking place.

I'm guessing crossbow guy's brother will reappear at some point-- probably at the season finale.

I really really want to like this show, it's just that there ain't a whole lot happening, and every moment of action is usually followed by 30 minutes of on-screen verbal dissection by the characters.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

I'm really getting tired of the searching-for-Sophia plot line. End it already.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I'm really getting tired of the searching-for-Sophia plot line. End it already.
    Or at least throw in a few more, you know, zombies.

They've been sitting in the same spot for a few days and only came across that herd or whatever ten minutes after breaking down there. Nothing since.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Yeah, the Shane part was good-- it finally added another dimension to a character.

But there's really no story going on--

Will the blonde chick forgive the old man-- who cares?
    Will the Asian guy bang the farm girl-- slightly more interesting, but it doesn't really matter.
    Will the black guy have more than two lines?
    Will Rick and his wife and kid, I don't know, keep doing whatever it is they do?
    Crossbow guy is interesting, because he is competent and is usually where whatever action there is is taking place.

I'm guessing crossbow guy's brother will reappear at some point-- probably at the season finale.

I really really want to like this show, it's just that there ain't a whole lot happening, and every moment of action is usually followed by 30 minutes of on-screen verbal dissection by the characters.
    Blonde girl, old guy, asian guy, black guy, crossbow guy....

You're not paying attention enough. Crossbow guy's brother name is "angry redneck formerly handcuffed to pipe and left for dead cuz black guy dropped the key"
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Just caught up on this last night. I'm really liking it, personally. I don't mind the long stretches without action. I think that kind of separates it from a lot of other zombie stuff. I would like more flashback type things, though, to give you a better picture of who these people are/were and how the epidemic changed them. Looking forward to see where it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Just caught up on this last night. I'm really liking it, personally. I don't mind the long stretches without action. I think that kind of separates it from a lot of other zombie stuff. I would like more flashback type things, though, to give you a better picture of who these people are/were and how the epidemic changed them. Looking forward to see where it goes.
    I completely agree with this post. This is what I've been waiting for. We got the whole Shane and Rick story.... lets get to the others.

I like zombies in my zombie shows. Walking Dead is closer to a disaster movie like Deep Impact or something, except it's a series and therefore being dragged out longer.

For once I'd like to see them set up some sort of defense other than an old man with a rifle sitting in a lawn chair on the roof of an RV. Maybe a dash of MacGuyver thrown in in the form of weapons-- pipe bombs and perhaps some improvised armor for the vehicles come to mind. Traps would be interesting as well.

Basically anything but a bunch of people whining about how bad things suck and how maybe it would be better to be dead.

To be honest, they haven't showed me what's so bad about living in that world-- obviously it's not paradise, but it also hasn't been shown to be as bad as everyone on the show seems to act.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

To be honest, they haven't showed me what's so bad about living in that world-- obviously it's not paradise, but it also hasn't been shown to be as bad as everyone on the show seems to act.
    I see all your points except this one. You really haven't seen what almost every character has lost and what kind of world it is? Constantly running? Looking for safety, nourishment, reliable transportation, thinking every day could be your last? Every little thing you do in your life right now, every convenience, comfort, or toy you own is gone and you spend every moment in fear of your life. And all except for Rick lost their families. That in itself should be enough to see the hell they are going through.

Some people adapt (like Daryl) and some don't (like Andrea). It's about time someone started going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I see all your points except this one. You really haven't seen what almost every character has lost and what kind of world it is? Constantly running? Looking for safety, nourishment, reliable transportation, thinking every day could be your last? Every little thing you do in your life right now, every convenience, comfort, or toy you own is gone and you spend every moment in fear of your life. And all except for Rick lost their families. That in itself should be enough to see the hell they are going through.

Some people adapt (like Daryl) and some don't (like Andrea). It's about time someone started going insane.
    Well, they haven't been constantly running. Not the last few episodes anyway. Before that it was Rick trying to find his family, then going to the CDC. There isn't a whole lot of tension and I don't really feel any impending danger for the most part. It is implied because it is a series about zombies and we bring to it what we already know from zombie films, but they haven't shown a whole lot. And yes, everyone lost someone. We know this because they told us, not because we saw it happen-- except for blondie's sister.

Transportation is only a problem because they insist on using that POS RV. How about ditching it and grabbing another? On the Atlanta highways there is probably a RV dealer every two miles, let alone the multitude of abandoned vehicles they've already come across. But they can't do that because the RV constantly breaking down is a plot device--and a weak one at that.

I'm still watching, but I'm pretty disappointed so far.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Yes, I agree about the RV. I am constantly wondering about why they refuse to ditch it for something reliable. Rick's wife was complaining about looting the highway a couple of episodes claiming it was a "graveyard". Eff that sh*t, if someone needs antibiotics and pain meds you go through every car and find some.

Yes, I can see how much of the loss has just been told to us and implied. Which is why I am in the same mindframe as PPTS with the flashbacks. I would love to see a backstory on Daryl and Merle. And why the hell the old guy wound up looking after the two sisters. Also what T-Bone's deal is.

i care about the characters for the most part. I want them to find Sofia alive. Rick's son needs a girlfriend when he gets a little older.

Has anyone read the books? If so, how closely is the show following them and how similar is the direction later on to what we're seeing now?

So far this season is just ok, they are spending way too much time looking for that little girl. I'd like to know what happened to that guy and his son from the first episode. More flashbacks wold be good.

I saw that coming with Shane and that fat guy, Shane kept asking him how many bullets did he have left and they were dragging ass. Very cool part.

The problem with this series is they arent going to show more new episodes till February.

I reccomend watching the webisodes on the AMC website. Its a huge flashback and to date the 6 mini episodes have been way better than the season.

Has anyone read the books? If so, how closely is the show following them and how similar is the direction later on to what we're seeing now?

I heard they are very similar and I dont want to ruin it for myself so I am staying away till the series ends.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    I heard they are very similar and I dont want to ruin it for myself so I am staying away till the series ends.
    I was going to answer the same thing. I actually have the anthology graphic novel that came out last year at christmas. I got it as a present. I have held off reading it for now. I think once the series catches up to where the anthology ends I will read it.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Yes, I agree about the RV. I am constantly wondering about why they refuse to ditch it for something reliable. Rick's wife was complaining about looting the highway a couple of episodes claiming it was a "graveyard". Eff that sh*t, if someone needs antibiotics and pain meds you go through every car and find some.
    Speaking of the highway, any ideas as to how or why that giant traffic jam of dead people happened? Like why would people just sit in their cars to die? If they were attacked, why aren't they zombies?

NYYF Legend

For those complaining about lack of action, supposedly episode 4 will be the goriest in the whole series to date. I read it somewhere before the season started, but I don't know if they are referring to the whole episode or a particular scene.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    For those complaining about lack of action, supposedly episode 4 will be the goriest in the whole series to date. I read it somewhere before the season started, but I don't know if they are referring to the whole episode or a particular scene.
    I thought the scene where Otis got attacked was pretty gory. Speaking of that, is Otis a zombie now, or is he just dead because it appeared like they were eating him.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Speaking of the highway, any ideas as to how or why that giant traffic jam of dead people happened? Like why would people just sit in their cars to die? If they were attacked, why aren't they zombies?
    I often wonder the same thing. The bodies they find, why are they there? I'm sure no one is going to sit around and just die, like you said. It's possible they off'd themselves somehow. It's really the only conclusion I can come to.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

She's not Annie Lennox...she's Cameron from Ferris Buellers Day Off.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I thought the scene where Otis got attacked was pretty gory. Speaking of that, is Otis a zombie now, or is he just dead because it appeared like they were eating him.
    Watch the webisode and you will see what happend to that half a lady zombie in the park.

NYYF Legend

I like the show, but I agree with Mr. Coffee - too much talking going on. I was able to do 5 things while watching the show and was able to keep up with everything going on.

NYYF Triple Crown

Daryl (crossbow guy) is my favorite character. I think when he was first introduced everyone thought he was going to be a complete a-hole like his brother, but he's not. He did gross me out when he was digging through that zombie's stomach with his gloved hands. Ick.

The actor also played one of the brothers in Boondock Saints.

Well let's see...

They pulled a zombie out of a well and Short Round nailed the farm girl.

I don't see how they're going to top this next week.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Well let's see...

They pulled a zombie out of a well and Short Round nailed the farm girl.

I don't see how they're going to top this next week.
    Yeah last night's episode pretty much sucked.

Enough with the little girl, do we need a month of episodes of them searching for her. How did that zombie get into that well? Any one see the highlights for next week, looks like Mearle is back.

Thread Information