+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 552
  1. #26
    Boycott BP NYDCYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Just Foul

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks this show sucks? After the first couple of episodes it just went to hell.
    I think the problem with the show is that all the secondary characters are horrible. Like the kind of actors, and writing that would be in a cheesey Stephen King TV movie.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

  2. #27

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Worst episode of the series so far, and the last half hr there was a commercials every 3-5 min. The whole follow up to the premier all we heard was about a new character getting introduced and they didnt do that.

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    I thought it was OK. I think the mother is a MILF.

    I didn't see the ending coming and I wonder who was responsible.

  4. #29
    NYYF Triple Crown

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Worst episode of the series so far, and the last half hr there was a commercials every 3-5 min. The whole follow up to the premier all we heard was about a new character getting introduced and they didnt do that.
    I thought the episode itself was ok; just the commercials got really annoying.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  5. #30
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Worst episode of the series so far, and the last half hr there was a commercials every 3-5 min. The whole follow up to the premier all we heard was about a new character getting introduced and they didnt do that.
    I actually missed the premier last night, I had stuff to do. But I'm almost glad, I've been hearing about the commercials. I'm going to watch it on-demand. Less commercials and I get to FF.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  6. #31

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I thought it was OK. I think the mother is a MILF.

    I didn't see the ending coming and I wonder who was responsible.
    Exactly, now we know who he is carrying when he running to the farm. Didnt see that either.

  7. #32

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    I thought the episode itself was ok; just the commercials got really annoying.
    They got stuck on the highway and went searching (dont want to spoil it).

  8. #33

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I actually missed the premier last night, I had stuff to do. But I'm almost glad, I've been hearing about the commercials. I'm going to watch it on-demand. Less commercials and I get to FF.
    It was almost commercial free for the first hour.

  9. #34
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    It was almost commercial free for the first hour.
    Yeah there were a lot of commercials in the last half hour, but they didn't break for the first 38 minutes (I watched it on my DVR).

    I thought they could have fit that show into an hour, but I'm glad the show is back.

  10. #35

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    AMC is marathoning season 1 on Sunday leading up to the premier. I'll be DVRing it as I missed it the first time around. Can't wait for seasons 1 and 2!
    DVR'd the marathon and Just watched all of Season 1 this weekend. Fantastic. Being a Breaking Bad nut, this just seals the deal on AMC making great TV.

    I am going to check out that Cowboy show they have been pushing every commercial simply because of these two shows.

  11. #36

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Last night in the flashback part, it looked like the moms waiting for the kids to get out of school resemvled functioning zombies. Everyone was pacing back & forth with coffee or their cell phones. Did anyone else recognize the lighting at the farm. It gave a warm safe feeling as opposed to other scenes. Decent episode, not enough zombies or killing. Next week should be good.

  12. #37
    NYYF Triple Crown

    ruthianblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    San Francisco

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Last night in the flashback part, it looked like the moms waiting for the kids to get out of school resemvled functioning zombies. Everyone was pacing back & forth with coffee or their cell phones. Did anyone else recognize the lighting at the farm. It gave a warm safe feeling as opposed to other scenes. Decent episode, not enough zombies or killing. Next week should be good.
    I'm really enjoying the plot so far; there is still the slightly annoying non-resolution of anything by the end of the episode; but I can look past that.

    The really good part for me about the entire series is how all of the characters have maintained their humanity; they're not all of a sudden better people and able to "just get along"; but maintain a level mutual discord despite the world basically ending.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

    RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

  13. #38

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    I'm really enjoying the plot so far; there is still the slightly annoying non-resolution of anything by the end of the episode; but I can look past that.

    The really good part for me about the entire series is how all of the characters have maintained their humanity; they're not all of a sudden better people and able to "just get along"; but maintain a level mutual discord despite the world basically ending.
    There was no action till the end.

  14. #39

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    The History Channel has a huge show on Zombies tonight (10/25/11) at 8pm.

  15. #40
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Walking Dead picked up for a 3rd season...good news


    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-season-3.html
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

  16. #41
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    I saw the Breaking Bad connection last night on the "on demand" run. Pretty decent episode.

    I am very amused now that for two seasons the mom manages to look absolutely shocked no matter what kind of mood she is trying to act out. Something about her face makes her look shocked all the damn time. She is hot, but it is funny.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  17. #42

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    Walking Dead picked up for a 3rd season...good news


    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-season-3.html

    Great news.

  18. #43
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Great news.
    That is good news.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  19. #44
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    The CDC wrote a zombie preparedness guide.

    http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmat...ie-apocalypse/

  20. #45

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    The CDC wrote a zombie preparedness guide.

    http://blogs.cdc.gov/publichealthmat...ie-apocalypse/

    Get the book, Zombie guide A to Z. It was a NYT best seller a few years ago.

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    So..what to make of last night's episode? It appears Shane is taking on a distinctly dark persona.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  22. #47
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Shane is my new favorite character. The final 10 minutes of the show last night was amazing.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  23. #48

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    I really want this show to be good-- there is so much potential. I just feel like I'm always waiting for people to stop talking and for more things to actually happen. Every freakin episode is way too much talk-- the characters have pretty much been established at this point-- let things happen and let them react.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  24. #49
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I really want this show to be good-- there is so much potential. I just feel like I'm always waiting for people to stop talking and for more things to actually happen. Every freakin episode is way too much talk-- the characters have pretty much been established at this point-- let things happen and let them react.
    There was a little bit too much talking in this one. It was hard not to laugh at the whole scene between Rick and his wife talking about how Carl saw a deer so that's why he should live.

    The Shane parts more than made up for it though.

  25. #50
    Bazinga Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Walking Dead - Season 2: 10/16/11

    You know what the problem is.... you can't just continue to have walkers everywhere just randomly doing stuff. They need to create a story for each character so you have a reason to watch every week. You got Andrea struggling to not want to off herself, Sophia missing, Shane's "Taxi Driver" moment.... Meanwhile, Daryl is out being a badass like usual.

    I just wish Rick would stop wearing that stupid cop uniform. I mean, seriously it's stupid. And I agree the whole deer thing was dumb.

    So you're either going to have a story or a bunch of zombies and they are trying to find a balance I think. it may take a while to find it so I'm going to continue watching. I can see it being either awesome or terrible by the end of the season. Right now I am still entertained.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts