+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Re: 2011 NYYF Fantasy Football League

Soooo....... I finally have a chance to check in on the board. First order of business -- OF COURSE I'm back. 8 in, 4 unknown.

More quickies:

1. League is renewed, and everyone should be receiving an email shortly if you haven't already. $12.50 per owner through PayPal please. Some new stuff worth checking out on the CBS site this year to play with...

2. Draft Night 2012 day & time. Over the last few years (except when there's a hurricane), the draft has been on the last Sunday or Monday in August, usually at around 8pm. This year, that falls on the 26th/27th. Need some thoughts on which night will be better.

3. Franchise Players. Start thinking about who you are keeping. Remember, you give up the same pick in this year's draft that you used on the player last year. If the player you are keeping is his second year kept in a row, it costs a 1st Round pick and he goes back in the player pool next season.

4. Possible Rule Change. Cosenza Sr. (Rabid Raiders) floored a change in which sacks will be reduced to 2 points from 3. But be careful what you wish for, Mark -- that one extra point from a Jason Taylor sack made you a Champion a few years back...

Looking forward to another season (Season 10!!) with everyone and seeing your all of your thoughts on the above...

The time has come - this is the year I officially bow out. It's been a fun 9 years (wow) since I founded the league, but I'm just not on the site enough anymore to stay involved, and trying to keep up with the team each week has become more of a chore than anything else, unfortunately.

Bernie will carry the torch and keep the league alive hopefully for many years, so I can always check in and see how things are going. Thanks to him for being a better commish than I was. And special thanks to all the guys and girl who were around from the first season in í03.

Itís been real! Leathermen out.

Bummer we are losing Jason...any chance you can reconsider?

I'm good for August 27th, and will check with Chris too. Looking forward to another competitive season. Bernie send me your email for Paypal payment.

Regarding the sach points it seems 3 points is high when an average field goal in 3 too and Int's are 2.

Mark

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF HOF

I'll be franchising DeMarco Murray in the 20th round.

Im In and registered....can we keep free agent pick ups?

Where am I on the waiting list?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by bnorris85 View Post
    Im In and registered....can we keep free agent pick ups?
    I don't see why not; but the league as a whole will probably need to weigh in.

I would prefer to see a specific round for FA pickups; like always round 10, 15 just to emphasize the draft. But again, the league should weigh in on this.

In my other leauges we assigned free agent players a 12th round ranking...it makes it so you are rewarded by finding someone in the FA pool but at the same time doesnt make a hidden gem a 22nd round pick or something crazy

I still need your email Bernie for the Paypal payment...

People need to pick a date for the draft, I'm the only one who stated a day so far...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    I still need your email Bernie for the Paypal payment...

People need to pick a date for the draft, I'm the only one who stated a day so far...
    I'm good whatever date everyone else needs

I will be posting responses to some of the above late tonight after I'm done at work. As far as the waiting list goes, Mecca was #1. Welcome back, dude -- you got some big shoes to fill...

I think we need to start a new thread with the right year...lol

Hahaha....we definitely do. Just want to address the above so it doesn't get lost in the transition.

1. Franchising a FA is worth a 25th Round pick. If you were smart/lucky enough to find a stud on the waiver wire, you should be rewarded as such.

2. I've talked to Jason, and it's official. Mecca has patiently waited to get back in, so he inherits the Leathermen franchise. On a side note, seeing as we have no Bears fans in The League, I'd like to drop Halas as one of the divisions and rename it Mirandi. Any objections? There better not be...Lol

3. 10 returning (2 paid, 2 pending) with 2 still unknown. If anyone can get a hold of Rob (Bag's Groove) or Seymour (Bossmen), that would be a help. PayPal can be sent to bernox22@aol.com ($12.50).

4. As of now, pencil in Monday August 27th at 8pm for Draft Night 2012, since that is the only voiced preference so far. If there are any problems, speak now so we can plan accordingly. I'm off both nights and fine either way.

5. Franchise Player for The OD is Ryan Mathews (5th Round).

Quote Originally Posted by OxDiesel View Post
    Hahaha....we definitely do. Just want to address the above so it doesn't get lost in the transition.

1. Franchising a FA is worth a 25th Round pick. If you were smart/lucky enough to find a stud on the waiver wire, you should be rewarded as such.

2. I've talked to Jason, and it's official. Mecca has patiently waited to get back in, so he inherits the Leathermen franchise. On a side note, seeing as we have no Bears fans in The League, I'd like to drop Halas as one of the divisions and rename it Mirandi. Any objections? There better not be...Lol

3. 10 returning (2 paid, 2 pending) with 2 still unknown. If anyone can get a hold of Rob (Bag's Groove) or Seymour (Bossmen), that would be a help. PayPal can be sent to bernox22@aol.com ($12.50).

4. As of now, pencil in Monday August 27th at 8pm for Draft Night 2012, since that is the only voiced preference so far. If there are any problems, speak now so we can plan accordingly. I'm off both nights and fine either way.

5. Franchise Player for The OD is Ryan Mathews (5th Round).

Just sent $25 for Chris and myself via paypal, should take 3-5 days via bank account...no problem with the Mirandi division, I'm sure George hated it anyway...lol Still thinking out franchise player.

Please continue on the 2012 thread:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...ootball-League

Thread Information