+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF HOF

2011 NYYF Fantasy Football League

Alright Ladies & Gents; since the NFL looks be ending the Millionaires vs. Billionaires standoff we should probably start getting ourselves organized and pay for the league eh?

I know I am in. I believe Ox was the commish last year; and I have no issues with that continuing should you desire.

Start the process of trying to get a hold of George & Nat as well as the rest.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Re: 2011 NYYF Fantasy Football League

reserve or whatever

NYYF Legend

I will return, Ladies.

I'll be back to try and lose in the Super Bowl again.

NYYF HOF

1. OxDynasty -- Commish is BACK!
    2. Fumbling Drunkards -- BACK!
    3. Da Raidahs -- BACK!
    4. The Roy Williams Domination Maneuver -- CHAMP is BACK!
    5. The Bar Room Brawlers -- BACK!
    6. Leathermen -- PENDING
    7. Jungle Cat Scent Glands -- BACK!
    8. Rabid Raiders -- BACK!
    9. Bag's Groove -- BACK!
    10. Lindell's Wide Rights -- BACK!
    11. Bot=AutoDomination -- BACK!
    12. The Indestructible Gridiron Smashers --

BNORRIS is on the waiting list; we will have at least 1 opening.
    Last edited by ruthianblast; 07-21-11 at 08:04 AM.

NYYF Legend

I'm in.

NYYF Legend

I'm in!

On the fence

I (Rabid Raiders) will be returning as well as my son Chris (Da Raidahs)...thanks.

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

NYYF HOF

Ok we have 8; we can probably renew the league. I don't mind doing the initial sign and sending everyone an invoice. Can you each please PM me your email address that you wish the paypal invoice to be sent?

I just read about Pete, I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. I think we should honor him this season in some way.

I was contacted and said I'd rejoin. As for Pete, perhaps this is the year we make a trophy for the winner and name it in his honor. Just an idea.

NYYF Legend

I would be in if you guys need a replacement.

NYYF Legend

Bags Groove will return!

I shall be returning. I'm out of the loop...and apologize...but who's Pete??

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Pete Cheng was a young but devoted Yankee fan who was a commissionerin the baseball league and a fantasy football junkie as well. He passed away earlier this year, he is missed greatly and I totally concur with naming the trophy after him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    His user name was YanksRockMan. You might've seen him around here. Really good kid.

It's been long enough -- in more ways than one. But it's definitely time to get this ball rolling.....

1. I'll renew The League on CBS by tomorrow night. $150 total, so 12.50 per owner, please, and you can send it to my email address through PayPal.

2. With the sad news of Pete's passing, we do have one opening with another still pending. bnorris85 is first on the Waiting List and has the first chance to claim it. Mark mentioned honoring him in some way, and I am totally on board with that. There is no physical trophy for winning the league. We did it back in 2009, but, outside of a few owners, there didn't seem to be much interest in that. Ironically, Pete was the one who won it that year. At the very least, a thought that crossed my mind was naming the mythical championship "trophy" for winning the NYYFFFL Bowl after him, a la the Super Bowl.

3. Start thinking about the draft. It usually has been one night during the last week of August/week before Labor Day after we know what's happening with most of the players. I know I am off on the Thursday of that week, actually September 1, to get that conversation going. Draft time has usually been 8 pm.

I also just wanted to remind everyone that you will need to name one player from your team as the Franchise Player, designating him as your keeper. Take a look at your roster and start to think about who that guy is going to be.

I guess that's it for now.....keep the ideas rolling in and get ready for Season 9!

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by OxDiesel View Post
    It's been long enough -- in more ways than one. But it's definitely time to get this ball rolling.....

1. I'll renew The League on CBS by tomorrow night. $150 total, so 12.50 per owner, please, and you can send it to my email address through PayPal.

2. With the sad news of Pete's passing, we do have one opening with another still pending. bnorris85 is first on the Waiting List and has the first chance to claim it. Mark mentioned honoring him in some way, and I am totally on board with that. There is no physical trophy for winning the league. We did it back in 2009, but, outside of a few owners, there didn't seem to be much interest in that. Ironically, Pete was the one who won it that year. At the very least, a thought that crossed my mind was naming the mythical championship "trophy" for winning the NYYFFFL Bowl after him, a la the Super Bowl.

3. Start thinking about the draft. It usually has been one night during the last week of August/week before Labor Day after we know what's happening with most of the players. I know I am off on the Thursday of that week, actually September 1, to get that conversation going. Draft time has usually been 8 pm.

I also just wanted to remind everyone that you will need to name one player from your team as the Franchise Player, designating him as your keeper. Take a look at your roster and start to think about who that guy is going to be.

I guess that's it for now.....keep the ideas rolling in and get ready for Season 9!

I am actually good for a draft day of Sept 1.

I can tell you right now: Arian Foster = BAD's Franchise Player

Unfortunately. I have to work Sept 1st, but I'm available Aug 29 and 30...

Rivers, Philip is my keeper.

Hello all, thanks for welcoming me to the league. Do I have a franchise player?

Yes, you do. You inherit last year's roster of The Incredible Gridiron Smashers, and you will be picking 12th in the draft.
    Send me a PM with your info, and I'll get you a link to the league site.

NYYF HOF

Sent Ox.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OxDiesel View Post

Good stuff as always,OX. Especially about honoring Petey. He's been around here since he was about 14 and he was passionate sports fan. To put his name on our Super Bowl would be perfect.

Thread Information