My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

Devoted Member

Re: Visiting Other Ballparks

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    Pre sale for DC should be on Thursday 3/1
    Is there a code. I haven't gotten one yet.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

NYYF Legend

Anyone grab Miami marlins vs Yankees exhibition game tix today? I grabbed my tix in the clevelander section of the ballpark
    I have a contact that handles group sales for the Marlins. I picked up 30 for the Monday night game, 4/2. Section 307..

http://www.seats3d.com/mlb/miami_marlins/

Love this feature when buying tickets to a strange park. I'm pysched to see the new stadium, but living 60 miles north..won't be making that trip often.
    Attitude is everything. Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly........

Anyone grab Miami marlins vs Yankees exhibition game tix today? I grabbed my tix in the clevelander section of the ballpark

just booked my trip. might have to checkout Wrestlemania that night at Dolphin Stadium as well.

Devoted Member

Anyone else in line for the Yankees/Nationals tickets?

NYYF Cy Young

Picked up 8 for Fridays game (by accident, two orders of 4 went through). I can't believe how fast they went. That place is gonna be swarming with Yankees fans.

I grabbed mine at the pre-sale the Nats had last week. Got 4 for Sunday's game....field level down the RF line. Sounds like there will be a TON of Yanks fans in town that weekend. I'll be there Thursday-Sunday....staying in Alexandria. Will take the Metro into DC Thurs and Friday to do some sightseeing. Might trek down to Williamsburg to hit Busch Gardens on Sat....then the ballgame on Sunday.

Devoted Member

I got two for Friday night's game. I was booted twice though. Once while waiting for the system to login to my mlb.com account and the other time when i submitted my payment. I guess I should probably check to make sure I didn't get two orders now lol.

I was able to get Yanks at Nats for Sat and Sunday Infield gallery. Pretty easy sailing. I had to start over twice with errors, but tickets were easy to find.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I grabbed mine at the pre-sale the Nats had last week. Got 4 for Sunday's game....field level down the RF line. Sounds like there will be a TON of Yanks fans in town that weekend. I'll be there Thursday-Sunday....staying in Alexandria. Will take the Metro into DC Thurs and Friday to do some sightseeing. Might trek down to Williamsburg to hit Busch Gardens on Sat....then the ballgame on Sunday.
    Have you been to DC? This is my first time going there and I'm doing Thursday-Sunday as well. My gf and I plan on visiting the monuments and museums on Thursday and during the day Friday before we had to the game. Saturday we're debating on going to Busch Gardens (depends on how far of a drive) or continue touring the DC area.

I'm planning on driving down from CT and booking a hotel in the downtown area of DC. For anyone who's familiar with that area, is it easier to just drive around or leave my car at the hotel and take the metro? I'm assuming the metro goes right to the ballpark as well the sightseeing destinations.

Thanks

I'm coming from CT too!

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Court View Post
    I was able to get Yanks at Nats for Sat and Sunday Infield gallery. Pretty easy sailing. I had to start over twice with errors, but tickets were easy to find.
    For Sunday - got 4 tix in 310. My sister got 3 pairs (over the phone) in 310.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan3783 View Post
    Have you been to DC? This is my first time going there and I'm doing Thursday-Sunday as well. My gf and I plan on visiting the monuments and museums on Thursday and during the day Friday before we had to the game. Saturday we're debating on going to Busch Gardens (depends on how far of a drive) or continue touring the DC area.

I'm planning on driving down from CT and booking a hotel in the downtown area of DC. For anyone who's familiar with that area, is it easier to just drive around or leave my car at the hotel and take the metro? I'm assuming the metro goes right to the ballpark as well the sightseeing destinations.

Thanks
    That's a bit of a hike, 3-4 hours. There's a Six Flags park outside of DC (near FedEx Field).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That's a bit of a hike, 3-4 hours. There's a Six Flags park outside of DC (near FedEx Field).
    Nevermind then, that is pretty far for one day. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Picked up 8 for Fridays game (by accident, two orders of 4 went through). I can't believe how fast they went. That place is gonna be swarming with Yankees fans.

Is there any cap on tickets per game? It would only let me select up to 4.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroo Court View Post
    Is there any cap on tickets per game? It would only let me select up to 4.
    cap was 8 total, but 4 at a time I believe. So I ended up with 4 in two different sections.

Devoted Member

Thanks
    Leave the car take the METRO. Quick and safe. You can buy mulyiday pass for unlimited rides.

I got two tickets for the Friday game against the Nats and four for Saturday and Sunday. Should be a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee-1 View Post
    Leave the car take the METRO. Quick and safe. You can buy mulyiday pass for unlimited rides.
    Agreed. DC is a bit of a nightmare to drive in, but the Metro is really good. It goes to most of the places you would want to be.

The ballpark isn't in a great area, but it's close to the Metro so you don't need to walk around a lot to get there and they have stuff set up outside on gamedays.

Addicted Member

I got 4 for Sunday. I've been to DC a number of times so going for just the game. Though I am intrigued by the comment of a six flags nearby. My mission besides going to all ballparks is to also visit all amusement parks lol. Of course the best Six Flags is Great Adventure in Jersey.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Devoted Member

Thanks for the info everyone.

Addicted Member

I've been to Busche Gardens and Kings Dominion down there and I'd say it's worth a seperate trip if you really want to go.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Thanks
    I've been to DC twice...but both when I was alot younger...once with parents and another time on a class trip my junior year of HS in 98.

Definetly use the Metro as has been stated by others. Driving around DC is tough and parking is even tougher. The Metro is easy and stops pretty much area you'd want to see as a tourist. I know there is a stop right at the Smithsonian so you can walk to the museums, Capitol, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam and WWII memorials, Washington Monument, Fords Theatre etc. I remember doing exactly this the previous times I visited. I'm pretty sure there is a stop a few blocks away from the ballpark too according to the map I looked at recently.

The only place you might want to use your car for is Arlington Cemetery...although if you really dont want to do that, there's probably a bus tour you can book that will you drive you there and stop at all the key points i.e JFK's grave, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier etc. The hotel we're staying at is like 10 mins away from Arlington so we're probably just gonna use the car to do that, but everything else we're def using the Metro.

Google Maps had Busch Gardens 2:30-2:40 away from Alexandria, which for me is how long is it is from my house to Six Flags in NJ...a drive I do 2-3 times a summer...for me its not bad and manageable. Probably depends on if we get everything done that we want to see on Thurs and Fri.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    I've been to Busche Gardens and Kings Dominion down there and I'd say it's worth a seperate trip if you really want to go.
    I've been to that Busch Gardens there twice before...but not since the mid 90s. I know they've added several new coasters since then (although Loch Ness Monster is still there!) which is why I'm intrigued about fitting it into my schedule.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I've been to DC twice...but both when I was alot younger...once with parents and another time on a class trip my junior year of HS in 98.

Definetly use the Metro as has been stated by others. Driving around DC is tough and parking is even tougher. The Metro is easy and stops pretty much area you'd want to see as a tourist. I know there is a stop right at the Smithsonian so you can walk to the museums, Capitol, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam and WWII memorials, Washington Monument, Fords Theatre etc. I remember doing exactly this the previous times I visited. I'm pretty sure there is a stop a few blocks away from the ballpark too according to the map I looked at recently.

The only place you might want to use your car for is Arlington Cemetery...although if you really dont want to do that, there's probably a bus tour you can book that will you drive you there and stop at all the key points i.e JFK's grave, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier etc. The hotel we're staying at is like 10 mins away from Arlington so we're probably just gonna use the car to do that, but everything else we're def using the Metro.

Google Maps had Busch Gardens 2:30-2:40 away from Alexandria, which for me is how long is it is from my house to Six Flags in NJ...a drive I do 2-3 times a summer...for me its not bad and manageable. Probably depends on if we get everything done that we want to see on Thurs and Fri.
    I'll probably put off the Busch Gardens trip for another time. I've been to the one in Tampa and enjoyed it. Looks like leaving the car and using the metro is the way to go.

Thread Information