+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Places to stay in Baltimore (mod)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshUSN View Post
    The wife and I always stay at the Renaissance Harborplace on Pratt St.
    Great views of the harbor, pool on the 7th floor and a 5 star restaurant.
    That was the hotel that the Yankees stayed at years ago....not sure if they still do. My daughter spent one entire afternoon on the elevator. She ended up on the elevator with Jaret Wright, Bubba Crosby, Johnny Damon, Jorge Posada, Robbie Cano, Sidney Ponson, Don Mattingly and a few others I'm forgetting. We still laugh about it....silly kid. Oh she was on the elevator with Bubba right after he got released by the Yankees.
    My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay.

Re: Visiting Other Ballparks

Planning on visiting on the road? Have questions like where is the best place to eat near Target Field? or best place to stay in baltimore, etc. Or if you are looking for some good information from fellow fans that have been to several ballparks? Your one stop shop, nyyfans.com guide to other stadiums.

Post your questions here
    My NYY Room http://tinyurl.com/y89l8up
    My NYY Hats http://tinyurl.com/yauhxsg
    My NYY Jerseys http://tinyurl.com/ydsggo4
    My Jeter Kicks http://tinyurl.com/yee5tzl

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: Target Field

Quote Originally Posted by stripesfan25 View Post
    Just a FYI but Palomino closed earlier this year. Crave, a local chain known for sushi, steaks and older single women is in the space now.
    What a bummer. I loved the food there.

Quote Originally Posted by PuffNettles9 View Post
    Planning on visiting on the road? Have questions like where is the best place to eat near Target Field? or best place to stay in baltimore, etc. Or if you are looking for some good information from fellow fans that have been to several ballparks? Your one stop shop, nyyfans.com guide to other stadiums.

Post your questions here

Seeing the Yanks at Fenway on August 6th. My first ever visit to Boston. Any recommendations on which hotel to stay at for ease in getting to the ballpark in a city I don't know? My fiance wants to stay in the same hotel as the Yankees wherever that is but I just want to be close to Fenway.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Bornin61 View Post
    Seeing the Yanks at Fenway on August 6th. My first ever visit to Boston. Any recommendations on which hotel to stay at for ease in getting to the ballpark in a city I don't know? My fiance wants to stay in the same hotel as the Yankees wherever that is but I just want to be close to Fenway.
    I believe that the Yankees have been staying at the Ritz Carlton Boston Common for quite some time on their trips into Boston. Someone else here can probably confirm that.

Back in April 2001 we took a road trip up to Fenway and we stayed at the Buckminster which is right by the ballpark.
    http://www.bostonhotelbuckminster.co...ark-hotel.html
    It was kind of run down at the time, not sure if they've renovated since then at all, but we weren't looking for taj mahal accommodations and you can't beat the location.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG View Post
    I believe that the Yankees have been staying at the Ritz Carlton Boston Common for quite some time on their trips into Boston. Someone else here can probably confirm that.

Back in April 2001 we took a road trip up to Fenway and we stayed at the Buckminster which is right by the ballpark.
    http://www.bostonhotelbuckminster.co...ark-hotel.html
    It was kind of run down at the time, not sure if they've renovated since then at all, but we weren't looking for taj mahal accommodations and you can't beat the location.

Thanks for the info! I'll check into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bornin61 View Post
    I'll be there too! It will be the first time I've watched a live Yankees game and I'm wondering what the atmosphere in Boston will be like. My little bro will be there with me and is a Red Sox fan (I don't know where my mom went wrong with him) and naturally will be wearing his Boston gear, I want to wear my NY gear but don't know how hostile the environment is. Thoughts? Should I just wear my hat or will I be okay in my hat and jersey?

We'll then be heading to NY to watch the Yankees play the Angels on the 9th.

Addicted Member

I'll be at the August 5th game at Fenway. We are staying at the Marriot in Cambridge near the MIT campus. We are there for the game and don't need to be directly in Boston or right next to the stadium cause we are all very familiar with the city. We are all also young, techy people so like staying near the schools (MIT/Harvard) so we can explore those more than anything else. But its a good spot right next to the T and not far from anything, saves money from trying to be directly in the center of Boston if you don't need to be.

I'm planning on at least wearing my Yanks hat and a Yankee t-shirt. Don't know if I'll do a Yankee Jersey but I'm not much concerned with anything happening in Fenway.

I'm also planning on going to Bmore for the Orioles series in late August. Wasn't planning on staying down there...just seeing the game and coming back but I've been thinking it might be nice to actually be a tourist there for the weekend since I've not spent time in Baltimore before...mostly seen the city in passing.

It's starting to be a fun little thing to see the Yanks in as many places as I can, great excuse to get away. Starting small with just the east coast so easy short trips.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Addicted Member

Heading to Baltimore for my second time later this month. In the past I stayed in the Inner Harbor, but I was young and went with my family so they were able to pay for the expensive hotel. This time around going with some buddies, and we plan to stay in the BWI airport area since the hotels are much cheaper. Does anyone have a recommendation for around there or have any experiences.
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot
    http://nyystarsandpinstripes.blogspot.com

Yankees Hotel in Baltimore?

Does anyone know what hotel the Yankees will be staying in in Baltimore for the August Series?.. I had heard from numerous sources that they used to stay at the Renaissance HarborPlace... But a friend of mine went to the series in Baltimore in the Spring and he was told that they now stay at the Intercontinental on Light Street.. If anyone could help me out or had any information it would be greatly appreciated. Go Yanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey View Post
    I'll be at the August 5th game at Fenway. We are staying at the Marriot in Cambridge near the MIT campus. We are there for the game and don't need to be directly in Boston or right next to the stadium cause we are all very familiar with the city. We are all also young, techy people so like staying near the schools (MIT/Harvard) so we can explore those more than anything else. But its a good spot right next to the T and not far from anything, saves money from trying to be directly in the center of Boston if you don't need to be.

I'm planning on at least wearing my Yanks hat and a Yankee t-shirt. Don't know if I'll do a Yankee Jersey but I'm not much concerned with anything happening in Fenway.

I'm also planning on going to Bmore for the Orioles series in late August. Wasn't planning on staying down there...just seeing the game and coming back but I've been thinking it might be nice to actually be a tourist there for the weekend since I've not spent time in Baltimore before...mostly seen the city in passing.

It's starting to be a fun little thing to see the Yanks in as many places as I can, great excuse to get away. Starting small with just the east coast so easy short trips.
    Same here but Aug 6 and Holiday Inn Cambridge....visiting other ballparks I only visit when the yanks are visiting...its no fun when visiting a stadium when you have no vested rooting interest.

Addicted Member

Just wanted to update on the Fenway visit. Been exhausted since the trip and all the crap I crammed in last weekend. Anyway..Fenway was great..seriously I had a really good time. Boston fans were cool, nice people. I struck up some nice convos on the T to and from the game. I was there Friday so I got to see a great intense game that we won! (most important...I was stressed cause I wanted my first game there to be a win.) Nice to be able to celebrate in Fenway Park.

When it comes to the park I thought it was a nice place, every park has it's own feel and I liked Fenway a lot. It was definitely an old park but had a lot of character. All the vendures and food downstairs, under the stadium it feels crowded but created a cool atmosphere. All the food smells were excellent but sucks we didn't get to really explore and see all the food they had to offer. The outside atmosphere was cool just as a remembered, had to hang out outside for a bit before heading in.

We had awesome seats! G29 Row 1 a little past third base. When I brought them I knew they were good seats but who knew! ..being a Yanks fan when I hear Grandstand I think high up but these seats I felt were equivalent to last row Field MVP maybe. Phone pic below. The first row was great, so much leg room, you didn't need to get up for people to walk by..way comfortable. I would love to go back for another game.

ETA: Oh and the hotel in Cambridge on the MIT campus was great(Marriott), the T is literally right when you walk out the door. No problems hoping on the that to get where we wanted to go. Nice views in the hotel of Boston and Cambridge.

IMG_0959.jpg

Camden Yards is next on the 27th.
    "Being the captain of the team, he always is there for us, and I appreciate that. He's my friend, my teammate and I love him." ~ Mariano Rivera about Derek Jeter.

Released Outright

Cool.

We heard a lot of Yankee fans at Fenway last weekend, a lot!

Question on Baltimore....don't ask, it is our Mid Atlantic home stadium, in Baltimore, all they care about now is the Ravens.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

As for fenway, I esp don't like the seating, cramped hallways and high parking prices. I don't get all the hype about fenway other than it being an old ball park.

I love Camden Yards. Busch Stadium and MN are pretty cool places to see a game too.

NYYF MVP

Heading down to Balto to see the Sat night game. Staying over at the Hampton Inn, Edgewood Maryland about a half hour out of Camden, off of I95.

Plan on doing the touristy Inner Harbor thing in the afternoon prior to the game. Any recommendations, Pubs, Crab cakes, would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

If you have a couple hours take the water taxi (about a 20 minute ride) to Fells Point. The bars and restaurants are better in Fells Point than at the Inner Harbor.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulV View Post
    If you have a couple hours take the water taxi (about a 20 minute ride) to Fells Point. The bars and restaurants are better in Fells Point than at the Inner Harbor.
    Crabby Dicks!

NYYF MVP

Thank you all for the info!!!!

Devoted Member

La Quinta, Hampton Inn, Microtel Inn, Near BWI, shuttle to light rail & to & from airport, Ya have stayed inner harbor myself they up the prices so much. I stay near the airport now, light rail to inner harbor, Like a block party outside the park.

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13 View Post
    Heading to Baltimore for my second time later this month. In the past I stayed in the Inner Harbor, but I was young and went with my family so they were able to pay for the expensive hotel. This time around going with some buddies, and we plan to stay in the BWI airport area since the hotels are much cheaper. Does anyone have a recommendation for around there or have any experiences.

Addicted Member

Anyone concerned about the weather in B'more this weekend with the hurricane plotting along the east coast? Just saw a forecast that looked like rain Sat. and Sun. I hope we get these games in and I'm not miserably stuck there for a rain out.

Released Outright

Yes, I am concerned. I have not bought yet because of the forecast.

Devoted Member

Ya flying in Fri morning, Tix for Fri night , Sat day game, Fly out Sun morning, It will suck if stuck there in the rain.

Supposedly Girardi in discussion to move the double header to Friday. Im hoping its not my makeup game tix as this would really screw me twice

http://twitter.com/#!/YankeesWFAN

NYYF MVP

Not taking the trip from North Jersey to Baltimore this weekend, for obvious reasons.

Addicted Member

Sigh..I really wanted to see this game in Camden Yards...I dont know what I'm going to do. Have they officially cancelled the games yet? I don't want to make the trip but it would suck if they get the games in and I'm not there. I'm training it down and back Sat...Amtrak hasn't cancelled the routes yet.

Thread Information