+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Yankees staying @ which hotel in Chicago??

Does anyone know where the Yankees will be staying in Chicago this weekend??

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Yankees staying @ which hotel in Chicago??

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes View Post
    sup bro....

:bro: you goin to Chicago, bro the weather there when we went was brutal....talk about dat for a second....

NYYF Legend

I don't know about this year, but in years past they stayed at the Westin on Delaware just off of Michigan Ave. It's just north of the Hancock.

EDIT: hotel name

Heidi
    Last edited by MunsonNY15; 06-16-11 at 06:19 PM.
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

NYYF Legend

Don't know about them, but apparently you are staying at The Stalker Inn!

most teams stay at that exact hotel which I believe is right next to the Hancock TOwer, on the north side of the tower. Same hotel that was in the news a few years ago when Darryl Kile passed away when the Cardinals were staying there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Illinois.html

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by balraven View Post
    most teams stay at that exact hotel which I believe is right next to the Hancock TOwer, on the north side of the tower. Same hotel that was in the news a few years ago when Darryl Kile passed away when the Cardinals were staying there.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Illinois.html
    That's the one I meant, the Westin. The Hilton and Westin are right next to each other. Sorry about that.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

NYYF Cy Young

When my wife and I went to see NYY@CWS last summer we struck up a conversation with some fans sitting near us and they told us that the Yankees that weekend were at the Peninsula Hotel
    http://www.peninsula.com/Chicago/en/default.aspx
    and there were fans there getting some autographs from them. I never confirmed this but that is what we were told.

Not sure if this is their mainstay hotel when in Chicago or if it varies by visit.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

NYYFans.com Director of Media knickfan23's Avatar

Yankees are staying at the Trump Tower this weekend.
    Saturday MLB on FOX blackouts - If you don't know how to spoof your IP address, you are missing out on the fun.

Devoted Member

Target Field

I'm going to Minneapolis in August to see the Yankees. Any suggestions as to restaurants within walking distance of Target Field.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

Devoted Member

Places to stay in Baltimore (mod)

Wife & I have stayed at La Quinta also inner harbor, Any other affordable places to stay away from Camden Yards, Going down in Aug, Thanks

Devoted Member

Re: Baltimore

The Hampton Inn right across the street from the ball park is reasonable, and was all Yankees' fans when we were there last September.
    [IMG]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1401/nyybofs0.th.gif[/IMG]

Re: Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by BRONXBOMBERS06 View Post
    Wife & I have stayed at La Quinta also inner harbor, Any other affordable places to stay away from Camden Yards, Going down in Aug, Thanks
    There are many nice hotels within walking distance to Camden Yards and the Inner Harbour. But they all fill up fast. Days Inn, Hilton, Lord Baltimore are three that are not overly expensive (between $200-$230 including taxes in August, cheaper in April) and close to the aftergame night life and NO DRIVING. I book early when the new MLB schedule comes out in the fall. Lots of Yankee fans in town and spending lots of money during that weekend. I was told numerous times that is why they put up with us invading their city, THE MONEY! This is also why I like going to Baltimore to see the Yanks. It is like a 3 day "Yankees Fan" convention!

Devoted Member

Re: Places to stay in Baltimore (mod)

Ok thanks, inner harbor or grabbing the light rail works for me.

We stay at the SleepInn at the North Linthicum rail station. 1/3rd the price of the closer hotels and 100yd walk to the train. To the ballpark is 15 minutes. $1.60 or something each way. There's also a Comfort Inn right next door with a restaurant for a buffet breakfast.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

I've always stayed at the Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor. Not sure how much it is now, but I've been able to get it for around $100. It's a 10 minute walk to the ball park, but it's in a nice area and near all the nightlife in Fells Point.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...-inner-harbor/

...you're off to great places Norge's Avatar

My famly and I also stayed at the Mariott. Not that great, we had asked for a cot months in advance. When we arrived, we were told we did not ask for a cot. Expensive accommodations. However, we were in the hotel to sleep and eat, so it was all good! There's so much to do and see in Baltimore

Re: Target Field

Obviously depends on what you're looking for but if it's steaks I would suggest Manny's in the W or Capital Grille off of Hennepin Ave. Bar La Grassa is an Italian place in my neighborhood (a $5 cab ride from the park) and has won just about every award since it opened last year - not very expensive and a good atmosphere. 112 Eatery is closer to the park and has the same owners as La Grassa - a little fancier but not that more expensive and incredible food. If you're just looking for beers before the game I'd suggest Kieran's across 1st Avenue from the park (they have a great patio) or any of the other bars on 1st. If you're looking for a breakfast or brunch I highly recommend Ike's off of 6th and Hennepin - they start you off with a cinnamon role the size of your head and it only gets better from there.

Enjoy your trip!

*Edit - should also add some places on Nicollet Mall (10 minute walk from the park and a bit away from the crazyness that can be 1st Ave and Hennepin). Barrio (Mexican food, tequila and a dj later), The Local (classy, old school Irish bar, great atmosphere and patio) and Brit's Pub (enormous patio with multiple levels and lawn bowling).

I also stayed at the Sleep Inn by North Linthicum Light Rail in May and will be staying there again for a night in September. The hotel is a basic no-frills but does offer cold cereal, juice, and coffee and there is a Dunkin Donuts across the street. It is very convenient to the light rail and parking is free. Granted it is more convenient to stay near the park but also more expensive. If you stay at a hotel by the park you also have to figure on parking which is not cheap. My advice is to go on a site such as Kayak and look around to see if there are any deals and make a reservation soon.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I always stay at the Marriott. It's so close to everything. It can be pricey though but there are so many places to stay in the Inner Harbor. Have fun! I love Camden Yards!

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by BRONXBOMBERS06 View Post
    The wife and I always stay at the Renaissance Harborplace on Pratt St.
    Great views of the harbor, pool on the 7th floor and a 5 star restaurant.

KRAMARZUK'S
    215 East Hennepin Avenue
    Minneapolis, MN 55414

ONLY OPEN TO 8PM grab a try and get what appeals to you

I like ●Kielbasa
    Varenyky
    Dough dumplings stuffed with meat, cheese & potato, sauerkraut or cheese served with sour cream or horseradish sauce

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

One of my favorite restaurants is Palomino's on 825 Hennepin Avenue. Here's the number: (612) 339-3800

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    One of my favorite restaurants is Palomino's on 825 Hennepin Avenue. Here's the number: (612) 339-3800
    Just a FYI but Palomino closed earlier this year. Crave, a local chain known for sushi, steaks and older single women is in the space now.

NYYF MVP

I don't have a go-to hotel for Baltimore, but I usually gravitate towards the Hampton Inn that someone else mentioned. One thing is for damn sure, visitors who stay outside of downtown are taking a gamble, as dangerous sections of that city seem to be interspersed throughout.
    I LOVE New York!!!
    VIVE LA FRANCE!!!

Priceline will get you a 4 star at the Inner Harbor for no more than $100 per night, a 3 star for $70.

Thread Information