+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jace View Post
    Its funny what you get away with when you make an awesome-looking play (like every NBA star traveling on one of their signature moves), but Kia Griffin's first dunk over Gasol last night was one of the most obvious over-the-back fouls ive seen
    He also creates space via a blatant offensive foul on most of his posterizations by using his forearm to push off the defender [see: Dunk over Gasol, Vol II]

Oh, and remember when Shumpert got a tech for staring at Garnett after his nasty dunk? Yeah, neither do the NBA officials, evidently.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Is it me or is Blake Griffin tremendously overrated? Everytime I watch him play....I'm just not THAT impressed. Very good player? Sure. But he has this hype of being this superstar "one of the best players in the league" and I just dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Is it me or is Blake Griffin tremendously overrated? Everytime I watch him play....I'm just not THAT impressed. Very good player? Sure. But he has this hype of being this superstar "one of the best players in the league" and I just dont see it.
    I don't see Blake Griffin as a top-tier player just yet. He needs to keep developing his outside shot and improve his free throws.

Initially, I thought Griffin will be good enough to be in the U.S. Men's team for London 2012.
    http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...=1#post7412336

But I think with Kevin Love's all-around game, it was hard for me to ignore.

So, if I were Coach K and Jerry Conangelo, this will really be my USA Men's team as they defend their Olympic Gold Medal in London 2012...

Starting 5
    C: Dwight Howard
    PF: Kevin Durant
    SF: Lebron James
    SG: Kobe Bryant
    PG: Derek Rose

Bench: Kevin Love, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Deron Williams, Chris Paul, LaMarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Agreed on Love...his skillset is perfect for the international game

Blake is just raw. For me, the fact that he plays as well as he does while being raw is impressive.
    All depends on his work ethic to see if he becomes a true great of the game. He could end up like Howard and just be really really good but never quite improve his weaknesses.

In 2008, I remember the best line up having Bosh at Center. I think it was something like CP3-Wade-Kobe-Lebron-Bosh and they really spread the floor.
    I have to put CP3 ahead of Rose because of CP3's outside shot.
    And then because nobody can match up with Durant or James, you could probably get away with Love at Center. And the screen-roll between CP3 and Love or any of the starters and Love, would be devastating. If they switch, blow by for lay ups and if they try to trap, Love wide open for 3.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Is there a bigger punk than Dwight Howard? I would volunteer to hold him down while Van Gundy bitch slaps him!

NYYF Legend

Odom out in Dallas:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...es-immediately

Lamar Odom's brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

NYYF Legend

Wow, Dwight Howard has a herniated disc and is recommended to be shut down for 2 weeks.

NYYF Legend

I read this Simmons article yesterday -

4. After guaranteeing they'd make the playoffs, Golden State subtly went into tank mode a few games ago. Remember, if the Warriors' pick doesn't land in the top seven, they lose it to Utah which is why you can expect David Lee to get shut down any day with "knee tendinitis" or some equally bogus injury. Feel free to start gambling against them if gambling were legal. If teams are going to crap on their fans, we may as well profit from it.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-miami-madness

News from today -

David Lee (groin) will be out indefinitely for the Warriors.

Lee has already been ruled out of Saturday's game against the Clippers, but it sounds like he's going to miss much more time than that. He is absolutely a shutdown candidate for the remainder of the season as doctors have advised him not to play until it's completely healed. If this is it for Lee this season, he'll finish the year with averages of 20.1 points, 9.6 rebounds and 1.0 steals on 50.3 percent shooting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I read this Simmons article yesterday -

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-miami-madness

News from today -
    This is funny because Simmons was one of the big media guys who actually had no clue about the reasoning behind the Bogut/Ellis trade until either Bucher or Stein explained it to him on Twitter.

Now several weeks later he's acting like he's reporting something original or unique.

NYYF Legend

Ive never seen a 100-50 game before, this short season thing is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Wow, Dwight Howard has a herniated disc and is recommended to be shut down for 2 weeks.
    Dwight Howard is out for the year now with season-ending back surgery.

That also puts Howard's chances for London 2012 in jeopardy.

So, if Howard can't go to London to defend Team USA's gold medal in men's basketball, then, I would like to see Tyson Chandler get in on the team due to his height and tough defense.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

World Peace is a piece of dog sh*t and should be suspended for what he just did to Harden.

NYYF Legend

OKC really let that one slip away:

Lakers win.

114-106 2OT

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    World Peace is a piece of dog sh*t and should be suspended for what he just did to Harden.
    I hope he gets more than three games.He SHOULD, just based on his history.
    Once a thug, always a thug.

He should sit for the rest of the season. That was an awful play and the guy has a bad history.

Harden will be lucky if he plays again this season because he almost definetly has a concussion.

I don't follow the NBA and I have no idea who this guy is, but I heard about him on the news and the irony of his name is too delicious to be true.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I don't follow the NBA and I have no idea who this guy is, but I heard about him on the news and the irony of his name is too delicious to be true.
    He used to be Ron Artest....aka the guy who jumped into the stands in Detroit to fight Pistons fans and started the worst brawl in NBA history.

He used to be Ron Artest....aka the guy who jumped into the stands in Detroit to fight Pistons fans and started the worst brawl in NBA history.
    I didn't know he was Ron Artest. Aaahhh, World Peace for a name just became more amusing to me, if that could be possible.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I didn't know he was Ron Artest. Aaahhh, World Peace for a name just became more amusing to me, if that could be possible.
    He changed his name in September, because he was "turning over a new leaf," or so he claims. Seems like the same old Ron Artest to me.

He should sit for the rest of the season. That was an awful play and the guy has a bad history.

Harden will be lucky if he plays again this season because he almost definetly has a concussion.
    The suspension should be for the remainder of this season (including playoffs) and a significant part of early next season.

What Artest did is beyond despicable. There is no excuse and anyone who believes he didn't know what he was doing is delusional. He 100% intended to hurt James Harden with that shot. He should be out for the rest of the season at least.

Artest is one of my favorite players, but that was just horrible. Not to be dramatic but he could have killed him (seriously, Harden gets knocked out cold, falls and slams his head...). There's no way that was a celebratory gesture and shame on Ron for trying to spin it as such. Suspend him for the playoffs and 20 games to start next season.

NYYF Legend

World Piece of #$%^ gets 7 games.

7 games?? Thats bullsh*t. Should be the rest of the season at least. Meanwhile, poor OKC probably lost their 3rd best player for the rest of their season and put a huge dent in their title chances.

Thread Information