+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    GAme thread posts

    Just out of curiosity, how come posts in the game thread don't count for one's post count?
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  2. #2
    Movin' on Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Clifton Park, New York

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how come posts in the game thread don't count for one's post count?
    When post counts were more meaningful (back when the site was new) I think it was determined that random thoughts like "nice play" didn't qualify as well thought-out posts, so posts in certain forums or subforums don't count. Posts in the Post Count Forum don't count either, as paradoxal as that may seem.
    Let the kids play.

  3. #3
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: GAme thread posts

    where do you see post counts? I thought they were forever gone when the site was sold to the Mets' network.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  4. #4
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: GAme thread posts

    click on a person's name and "view profile" and then click the "about me" tab.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  5. #5

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    click on a person's name and "view profile" and then click the "about me" tab.
    that's way too much work
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  6. #6
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    that's way too much work
    I do not disagree there and that's probably why I don't know how many posts *I* have, much less anybody else.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    I do not disagree there and that's probably why I don't know how many posts *I* have, much less anybody else.
    You have 11,196 posts.

  8. #8
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: GAme thread posts

    I demand a recount.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  9. #9
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Its better imo i guess that people cant see post counts without going out of their way. Otherwise guys would be spmaming meaningless boards just to have a meaningless high number. Although it stinks for guys like me who are active members yet new to the board, and never got opportunities to post in the game threads and post party threads when the posts counted. Now ill never get past a few hundred posts as opposed to many of our veteran members who have 10's of thousands.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  10. #10
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan View Post
    click on a person's name and "view profile" and then click the "about me" tab.
    wow...this hidden. I wonder what happened to the easy roll over method that Jim used to use. This is what happens when the Mets take over a Yankee board.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  11. #11
    The Centerfielder MassNYYfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Halfway between Heaven and Hell

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    Its better imo i guess that people cant see post counts without going out of their way. Otherwise guys would be spmaming meaningless boards just to have a meaningless high number. Although it stinks for guys like me who are active members yet new to the board, and never got opportunities to post in the game threads and post party threads when the posts counted. Now ill never get past a few hundred posts as opposed to many of our veteran members who have 10's of thousands.
    Hey I got there without the help of GTs so you can too!!!
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

  12. #12
    Let's Go Yankees!!! Bozidar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Central CT

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    wow...this hidden. I wonder what happened to the easy roll over method that Jim used to use. This is what happens when the Mets take over a Yankee board.
    lol, it was like that before Jim sold the site, it's just new forum software. Sheesh, conspiracy theory much?

    btw, you use to click on the person's name to see the profile. Now you click on them and get a context menu. It's a completely valid UI design, and as a user experience it's not a large departure from the previous way it operated.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

  13. #13
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    lol, it was like that before Jim sold the site, it's just new forum software. Sheesh, conspiracy theory much?
    I was being factitious
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  14. #14
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Queens, New York

    Re: GAme thread posts

    I was unable to see Game Thread and now don't even see the Game Thread showing on my Forum Page. What's up?

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb View Post
    I was unable to see Game Thread and now don't even see the Game Thread showing on my Forum Page. What's up?
    Uh oh, sounds like you might have said something that's against the rules.

  16. #16
    My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: GAme thread posts

    Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Uh oh, sounds like you might have said something that's against the rules.
    Probably not excessive negativity. QB is always so optimistic.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????


    Thank goodness we now know.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts