+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Re: 2011 Draft Results and Signing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Why, it makes it easier to follow the list instead of having to go back to the first page?

now there have been multiple updates of the list on multiple pages, plus quoting of those lists. its not like going to the first post in the thread to see the list is a hardship. the news, stories, scouting reports ect. can keep flowing in, but reposting the list every time there is an update is unnecessary when the list gets updated as soon as news gets reported in here
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

I agree - it's much easier to reference the list the same page as the most recent discussion... feel free to edit off the original and then repost with comment so it goes on the page we're discussing.
    thanks.

Richmond Virginians

Little dated but found this on Hebert.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...till-undecided

Richmond Virginians

Looks like 22nd round selection Goody is going to LSU and 40 round pick Hanover is staying.

http://saturdaynightslant.com/2011-a...kes-shape.html

Richmond Virginians

Via K. Levine-Flandrup, 20th round pick Dan Camarena threw for the Yankees’ head today. In my opinion he is a must sign.

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    Via K. Levine-Flandrup, 20th round pick Dan Camarena threw for the Yankees’ head today. In my opinion he is a must sign.
    I really expect this one to get done. He has said before that he is a Yankee fan, and he is not flying across the country, unless he is serious about wanting to sign. As for the team, it is a process. They are getting guys like Cote & Sharp done, then moving on to Cave, Rathjen and Bird, then the pitchers like Camarena & Hebert. I expect all to be signed (Unless the medicals are bad on Rathjen). There are still other possibilities like Stafford (Depending on the medicals), Janisse, and Maher. One guy who I see as a solid NO sign is Tyler Molinaro, who had an awful Summer follows season.

Quote Originally Posted by Januz View Post
    I really expect this one to get done. He has said before that he is a Yankee fan, and he is not flying across the country, unless he is serious about wanting to sign. As for the team, it is a process. They are getting guys like Cote & Sharp done, then moving on to Cave, Rathjen and Bird, then the pitchers like Camarena & Hebert. I expect all to be signed (Unless the medicals are bad on Rathjen). There are still other possibilities like Stafford (Depending on the medicals), Janisse, and Maher. One guy who I see as a solid NO sign is Tyler Molinaro, who had an awful Summer follows season.
    I think there is too much of a question mark with Rathjen about his knee and their inability to see him workout or even play. Janisee is another no sign. Maher is a Hyde kid so he's definitely a possibility of signing along with Hebert, who worked out today and possibly Camarena. I get the feeling that they really like Bird so if they can find some middle ground he's a definite sign too.

NYYF Legend

I think there is too much of a question mark with Rathjen about his knee and their inability to see him workout or even play. Janisee is another no sign. Maher is a Hyde kid so he's definitely a possibility of signing along with Hebert, who worked out today and possibly Camarena. I get the feeling that they really like Bird so if they can find some middle ground he's a definite sign too.
    Hebert worked out Tuesday, it was Camarena who worked out yesterday according to reports.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Hebert worked out Tuesday, it was Camarena who worked out yesterday according to reports.
    It doesn't matter which day they worked out as the Yankees did so with three lefty high school pitchers recently which tells me they're really interested in signing one or more of them.

Richmond Virginians

I have read several places that Aaron Bummer also worked out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    I have read several places that Aaron Bummer also worked out this week.
    Yes, he did as there were three high school southpaws.

NYYF Legend

It doesn't matter which day they worked out as the Yankees did so with three lefty high school pitchers recently which tells me they're really interested in signing one or more of them.
    I didn't say it mattered, I was just correcting an informational error in your post.
    Mo' Nut: One Smoove Brotha.

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Yes, he did as there were three high school southpaws.
    I guess the strategy is to bring in all three pitchers, offer comparable contracts and see which one are willing to bite first.

I guess the strategy is to bring in all three pitchers, offer comparable contracts and see which one are willing to bite first.
    Assuming they all have similar ceilings. I would think though that the yanks would have to go well overslot particuarly with Camarena to get him in the fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada_20 View Post
    Assuming they all have similar ceilings. I would think though that the yanks would have to go well overslot particuarly with Camarena to get him in the fold.
    I think there is little doubt that Camarena is projected as the best of the three. However if Camarena wants> $1m, and the others will take = or< a $1m combined, and they look good, they may go that route. Keep in mind, they are also giving a big contract to Cave & trying to get Bird & Rathjen (Depending on medicals) signed as well. My gut feeling is it will be Camarena & Hebert signed.

This is eerily reminiscent of December 2002 when the Yankees offered lefties Mike Stanton, Chris Hammond and Mark Guthrie the same 2-year contract offer to the first to take it.

Remember when Denny Neagle did that train whistle impression?!?
    [IMG]http://www.soccerweekends.co.uk/images/manchester-united-tickets.gif[/IMG]

Killer Bs: Betances, Banuelos, Brackman, Bleich

Quote Originally Posted by McMoose View Post
    NOT THE OFFICIAL LIST, JUST AN EDUCATED GUESS
    Blue = Signed
    Green = Rumored signed or agreed to terms

1s 51 Dante Bichette Jr. OF Orangewood Christian HS, Orlando Fla. $750,000
    2 88 Sam Stafford LHP Texas Texas $400,000 - signing on hold - medical
    3 118 Jordan Cote RHP Winnisquam HS, Northfield, N.H. N.H.
    4 149 Matt Duran 3B New Rochelle (N.Y.) HS N.Y. $335,000
    5 179 Greg Bird C Grandview HS, Aurora, Colo. Colo.
    6 209 Jake Cave OF Kecoughtan HS, Hampton, Va. Va.
    7 239 Austin Jones 1B Edmonds-Woodway HS, Edmonds, Wash. Wash. $350,000
    8 269 Phil Wetherell RHP Western Kentucky Ky. $122,500
    9 299 Zach Arneson RHP Lewis-Clark State (Idaho) Idaho
    $20,000
    10 329 Jon Gray RHP Eastern Oklahoma State JC Okla.
    11 359 Mark Montgomery RHP Longwood Va.
    12 389 Cody Grice OF Grand Valley State (Mich.) Mich.
    13 419 Justin James OF Sacramento CC Calif.
    14 449 Rookie Davis RHP Dixon HS, Holly Ridge, N.C. N.C. $550,000
    15 479 Tyler Molinaro OF Pitt (N.C.) CC N.C.
    16 509 Branden Pinder RHP Long Beach State Calif.
    17 539 Matthew Troupe RHP Chaminade Prep HS, Chatsworth, Calif. Calif.
    18 569 Hayden Sharp RHP Morris (Okla.) HS Okla. $200,000
    19 599 Ben Paullus RHP Memphis Tenn.
    20 629 Daniel Camarena LHP Cathedral Catholic HS, San Diego Calif.
    21 659 Zach Wilson 1B Arizona State Ariz. $100,000
    22 689 Nicholas Goody RHP State JC of Florida Fla.
    23 719 Corey Maines RHP Illinois State Ill.
    24 749 Matt Tracy LHP Mississippi Miss.
    25 779 Adam Smith RHP Texas A&M Texas
    26 809 Jordan Foley RHP The Colony (Texas) HS Texas
    27 839 Chaz Hebert LHP Breaux Bridge (La.) HS La.
    28 869 Josean Lazaro RHP North Broward Prep, Coconut Creek, Fla. Fla.
    29 899 Scott Hoffman RHP Desert Ridge HS, Mesa, Ariz. Ariz.
    30 929 John Brebbia RHP Elon NC
    31 959 Aaron Bummer LHP Sunrise Mountain HS, Peoria, Ariz. Ariz.
    32 989 Garrett Nuss RHP Mount Dora HS, Sorrento, Fla. Fla.
    33 1019 Spencer O'Neil OF Southridge HS, Kennewick, Wash. Wash.
    34 1049 Skylar Janisse RHP St. Thomas of Villanova SS, LaSalle, Ont.
    35 1079 Chris McCue RHP Ardrey Kell HS, Charlotte N.C.
    36 1109 Ryan Thompson RHP Franklin Pierce (N.H.) N.H.
    37 1139 Ryan Harris RHP Jupiter (Fla.) Community HS Fla.
    38 1169 Joey Maher RHP Benford (N.H) HS N.H.
    39 1199 Taylor Guilbeau Zachary (La.) HS La.
    40 1229 Tyler Hanover SS Louisiana State La.
    41 1259 Jeremy Rathjen OF Rice Texas
    42 1289 Kevin Cornelius SS Weatherford (Texas) HS Texas
    44 1349 Adam Ravenelle RHP Lincoln-Sudberry HS Mass.
    45 1379 Cass Ingvardsen RHP Weatherford JC
    46 1409 Conner Mach 3B Missouri Mo.
    47 1439 Ethan Springston OF Seton Catholic HS, Chandler, Ariz. Ariz.
    48 1469 Wesley Benjamin LHP St. Charles (Ill.) East HS Ill.
    49 1499 Tyler Mapes RHP Navarro (Texas) JC Texas
    50 1528 Cody Stewart OF Great Oak HS, Temecula, Calif. Calif.
    I saw this list on Talk Sox very interesting.
    Just read an update from Lane Meyer.

Greg Bird should sign
    Gray is going back to school
    Troupe is going to school
    Camorena is in play
    Smith is in play
    Foley is going to school
    Hebert is in play and looks like he should sign
    Lozaro is in play
    Hoffman is going to school
    Brebbia is in play
    Bummer is in play
    Nuss is going to school
    O'Neil is going to school
    Janisse is in play
    McCue is going to school
    Thompson is going to school
    Harris is going to school
    Maher is still in play
    Gilbeau is going to school
    Rathjen is probably going to school, but the door is open slightly
    Farrell is going to school
    Ingvardsen is going to school
    Mach is going to school
    Picks 47-50 are going to school
    It is interesting that Cave is not mentioned, nor are Stafford or Molinaro (Although I don't see him being signed, based on his summer numbers). Oviously, I like the news on Bird and Hebert. That leaves us with 7 pitchers left: Camarena, Brebbia, Smith, Lozaro, Janisse, Bummer, and Maher (Five righties, plus the lefties Camarena & Bummer). Plus one position player (Rathjen) who is the Wild Card in all of this (I think he and Camarena are the make or break players of the draft). Gut feeling there will be four or five of them signed (Camarena being one of them). Janisse & Rathjen will be the ones to watch on the final day.

I saw this list on Talk Sox very interesting.
    Just read an update from Lane Meyer.

Greg Bird should sign
    Gray is going back to school
    Troupe is going to school
    Camorena is in play
    Smith is in play
    Foley is going to school
    Hebert is in play and looks like he should sign
    Lozaro is in play
    Hoffman is going to school
    Brebbia is in play
    Bummer is in play
    Nuss is going to school
    O'Neil is going to school
    Janisse is in play
    McCue is going to school
    Thompson is going to school
    Harris is going to school
    Maher is still in play
    Gilbeau is going to school
    Rathjen is probably going to school, but the door is open slightly
    Farrell is going to school
    Ingvardsen is going to school
    Mach is going to school
    Picks 47-50 are going to school
    It is interesting that Cave is not mentioned, nor are Stafford or Molinaro (Although I don't see him being signed, based on his summer numbers). Oviously, I like the news on Bird and Hebert. That leaves us with 7 pitchers left: Camarena, Brebbia, Smith, Lozaro, Janisse, Bummer, and Maher (Five righties, plus the lefties Camarena & Bummer). Plus one position player (Rathjen) who is the Wild Card in all of this (I think he and Camarena are the make or break players of the draft). Gut feeling there will be four or five of them signed (Camarena being one of them). Janisse & Rathjen will be the ones to watch on the final day.
    Not for me, I think Cave is going to have a better professional career. He's the Mason Williams of this draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    Back on May 17th I projected the following:

After the final stage of today's draft - I offer these breakdowns:

28 HS vs 3 Juco vs 19 College
    1 C - (1,0,0)
    5 Corner (1B/3B) - (5,0,2)
    2 Middle IF (SS/2B) - (1,0,1)
    8 OF - (4,2,2)

34 Pitchers - (19,2,13)
    27 RHP - (14,2,11)
    7 LHP - (5,0,2)

If we look at the top 30 picks (Days 1 and 2) it breakdown as:

14 HS/3 Juco/13 College
    1 C (1,0,0)
    4 Corner IF (3,0,1)
    0 Middle IF (0,0,0)
    4 OF (1,2,1)

21 Pitchers (9,2,10)
    17 RHP (7,2,8)
    4 LHP (2,0,2)

Upon reflection of the May 17th prediction and actual results - clearly the focus was Pitching and Corner Position players with Power tool. Middle IF was a token pick at the end. Wished we could've added additional LHP...Clearly Opp and Co see a lack of power (which if you look at our system - who's the next great power hitter prospect (forget JoVa) and hope they hit it big with the pitchers - which is always a crap shoot. I'm pleased with the large # of HS players drafted - especially early. Interesting how targeted players are always under the "experts" radar - hard to define high risk/reward at this point.

Given what we have drafted - would guess we sign 30 players - here is the projected sign

HS/JC/C - (15/2/13)
    Pitchers - 19 - (11,1,7)
    RHP - 15 - (8,1,6)
    LHP - 4 - (3,0,1)

C - 1 (1,0,0)
    Corner IF - 4 (3,0,1)
    Middle IF - 1 (1,0,0)
    OF - 5 (3,1,1)
    With slightly more than a week to go before final signs - we currently have 16 of top 24 picks signed (no signings below 24 at present) Here is how they break down

HS/JC/Col -16 {6/1/9}

Pitchers - 10 {3/0/7}
    RHP - 9 {3/0/6}
    LHP - 1 {0/0/1} * stafford not included due to medical issues

C - 0
    Corner IF - 3 {2/0/1}
    Middle IF - 0
    OF - 3 {1/0/2} - counting Bichette here.

In analysis - even if we only sign 5-10 more players - I'd fully expect them to focus on Pitchers (especially LHP) and HS players. I'd be shocked if we sign more than 2 college players at this point - from looking at the raw #'s

Quote Originally Posted by groundhoggator View Post
    With slightly more than a week to go before final signs - we currently have 16 of top 24 picks signed (no signings below 24 at present) Here is how they break down

HS/JC/Col -16 {6/1/9}

Pitchers - 10 {3/0/7}
    RHP - 9 {3/0/6}
    LHP - 1 {0/0/1} * stafford not included due to medical issues

C - 0
    Corner IF - 3 {2/0/1}
    Middle IF - 0
    OF - 3 {1/0/2} - counting Bichette here.

In analysis - even if we only sign 5-10 more players - I'd fully expect them to focus on Pitchers (especially LHP) and HS players. I'd be shocked if we sign more than 2 college players at this point - from looking at the raw #'s
    It is obvious that they were and still are focussed in on HS Pitchers (They drafted very few College Players in the first place (Only 18 by my count)). If you go beyond that, six of them were never projected as "Organizational Filler" types (Stafford, James, Gray, Wilson, Weatherell, Rathjen & Thompson). I figure that if someone is offered 6 figures or more, they are not filler. In addition, I do not consider Montgomery filler either (He just went to an extremely small school (Longwood), and was under the radar). In actuality, they signed only six guys that can be considered filler (Paullus, Maines, Tracy, Pinder, Grice & Arneson).
    Beyond that, they only drafted 17 positional players to begin with (And may only sign eight or nine of them: Bichette, Duran, Bird, Cave, Jones, James, Wilson, Rathjen & Grice (Again the only filler type in the bunch)).
    So based on the way they drafted (And signed guys), it is HS Pitchers first and foremost (Assuming Bird & Cave will be signed, and Stafford won't). In fact, it is so skewed that way, the only College (And positional player for that matter), left on the possible signing board is Rathjen. Everyone else ( Camarena, Hebert, Lazaro, Brebbia, Bummer, Janisse & Maher) are HS Pitchers. I am predicting five more signings: Hebert being the most likely, with Rathjen, Camerena, Janisse & Maher joining him.

Yankees 6th rd mlbdraft pk Jake Cave will be in Tampa tomorrow to take his physical.

K. Levine-Flandrup

Maybe someone should get the information correct before putting it on here. Cote has not signed a contract with the Yankees. Still sitting home in NH waiting for something to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by cj64 View Post
    Maybe someone should get the information correct before putting it on here. Cote has not signed a contract with the Yankees. Still sitting home in NH waiting for something to happen.
    RAB reported on Friday I believe that the Yankees announced that he signed. I don't recall a dollar figure but I'm pretty sure he is done.

EDIT: found it. 725k was the signing bonus.
    Updated Minor League Depth Chart (In Progress)
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...36&output=html

Well Cote is sitting in NH and was coaching an AAU baseball team all weekend and confirmed that the reports of him signing are not true, so RAB's information is not correct. I guess I would believe Cote over RAB.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cj64 View Post
    Are you Cote Jordan 64?
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Thread Information