+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Heritage Field

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    It is. If anything that should of made it more obvious to do since the city can use all the money they can get.
    They have to replace park land that they took away in August of 2006. While they haven't been hauling out over the last five years, time is an import factor, and they probably didn't want to delay further.

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Heritage Field

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69 View Post
    They have to replace park land that they took away in August of 2006. While they haven't been hauling out over the last five years, time is an import factor, and they probably didn't want to delay further.
    If they started the process in 2008 they would have had lots of bricks sold and manufactured before they even started on the park itself.

New Photos of the park... the old field outline is engrained into Heritage field by using blue synthetic grass stitched into the sod. Home plate and the corners have been cut off, though.
    This is very interesting, thanks for sharing. I hadn't heard anything about this. Kind of odd but it is nice to know where the old field was nonetheless.
    [COLOR=navy][/COLOR]

NYYF Cy Young

Devoted Member

So can you just walk up to the piece of the facade at any time?

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by TierReservedCreature View Post
    So can you just walk up to the piece of the facade at any time?
    Yeah. It's kind chilling to be able to touch it after years of seeing it up so high. I'm kinda worried about vandalism though... it would be really upsetting to see it covered with graffiti.

Photos from Heritage Field:
    Nice photos. It really looks nice. The one thing that bothers me about it is that the field doesn't align with OYS field. It would have been great if they could have done it so that home plate, the bases and the mound would have been in the exact same places as they were in the stadium.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Legend

Yeah. It's kind chilling to be able to touch it after years of seeing it up so high. I'm kinda worried about vandalism though... it would be really upsetting to see it covered with graffiti.
    I went up to it and touched it, it's a pretty uninspiring hunk of cement. It's not original Yankee Stadium frieze, which was copper and melted down in the 70's renovations. This is the replica version from the outfield in renovated Yankee Stadium. It's not particularly interesting to me
    Last edited by GordonGecko; 04-14-12 at 01:38 PM.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    I went up to it and touched it, it's a pretty uninspiring hunk pf cement. It's not original Yankee Stadium frieze, which was copper and melted down in the 70's renovations. This is the replica version from the outfield in renovated Yankee Stadium. It's not particularly interesting to me
    Yes but I am 27 and people of my age group, both a bit older and younger, this is the Yankee Stadium we grew up going to. "Real" frieze or not, there is still an emotional connection with it.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man View Post
    Nice photos. It really looks nice. The one thing that bothers me about it is that the field doesn't align with OYS field. It would have been great if they could have done it so that home plate, the bases and the mound would have been in the exact same places as they were in the stadium.
    But if they did that, the regulation field would have had too much outfield overlap with the little league and softball fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    But if they did that, the regulation field would have had too much outfield overlap with the little league and softball fields.
    \

Yeah, I know. I was just speaking theoretically.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Thread Information