Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Heritage Field

Addicted Member

Re: Heritage Field

Is the park open to the public yet?
    http://twitter.com/NYMoot

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    How on earth did Steiner not get a hold of that?
    Exactly my thinking...
    "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."

I love baseball in general and the Yankees just happen to be my favorite team since I knew what baseball was.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    How on earth did Steiner not get a hold of that?
    They did - just other sections. They were for sale awhile back. Shipping was kind of steep.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst View Post
    Looks like a piece of OYS has been installed on the River Avenue and 161st Street corner....
    With it so low down, how soon after it opens do you think it will be covered with graffiti? It only takes one person for that to happen. And since it is made of just concrete, cleaning it off will be very hard, and so probably won't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    I am all for retaining parts of the old stadium, but that looks pretty lame... and totally out of place.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    With it so low down, how soon after it opens do you think it will be covered with graffiti? It only takes one person for that to happen. And since it is made of just concrete, cleaning it off will be very hard, and so probably won't happen...
    1) nothing wrong with graffiti. far better than corporate ads.

2) graffiti is taken off concrete with high-power sand+water blasts.
    like delv, but better

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    1) nothing wrong with graffiti. far better than corporate ads.

2) graffiti is taken off concrete with high-power sand+water blasts.
    Considering the frieze is painted white, and the sandblast would take that off along with the graffiti, it would probably be easier to just repaint it.

But what do you mean "nothing wrong with graffiti"? It's not like they'll be slapping ads on the frieze . . .

NYYF Legend

have an update to this thread. I took the 4 train home last night and they have the dimensions of the old diamond taped out so looks like they will paint it in some how. Homeplate is just past 2nd base.

and no, the park is still not open to the public
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    have an update to this thread. I took the 4 train home last night and they have the dimensions of the old diamond taped out so looks like they will paint it in some how. Homeplate is just past 2nd base.

i like that

NYYF Cy Young

Thanks for the update.

Interestingly, the location of OYS home plate was supposed to be exactly where the new 2nd base is . . .

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Thanks for the update.

Interestingly, the location of OYS home plate was supposed to be exactly where the new 2nd base is . . .
    it probably is, granted I got like a 4 sec view of it from the train and wasnt expecting it.

It looks similar to this:

http://forums.nyyfans.com/attachment...2&d=1307057274

basically they had either giant blue painter tape or some sort of tarp on the old diamond
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

I'm really surprised the park isn't open yet- when I passed it before Game 5 of the ALDS, the park looked almost completely finished, except for a few paving stones... a few days worth of work max... I wonder what has been added besides the outline of the old field?

NYYF Legend

its probably moving at a snails pace cause theres like 4 guys working on it.

when I had a dentist appointment in the area 4 weeks ago, I walked by the timeline and just looked around and saw about 4-5 working on the field, some painting but most were for upkeep of the field, leaf blowing, mowing etc..

To me it looks like its ready

NYYF Cy Young

its probably moving at a snails pace cause theres like 4 guys working on it.

when I had a dentist appointment in the area 4 weeks ago, I walked by the timeline and just looked around and saw about 4-5 working on the field, some painting but most were for upkeep of the field, leaf blowing, mowing etc..

To me it looks like its ready
    Or they just don't want to open it until next spring . . .

NYYF Legend

that too

NYYF Cy Young

Walked the perimeter of Heritage Field prior to the Rutgers/Army game and it looks completely finished. So now it's just when they feel like opening it. And they probably feel that if they have it open from now thru the winter it will be trashed by next spring when they no-doubt want to make a splash with the start of a new baseball season . . .

NYYF Cy Young

New Photos of the park... the old field outline is engrained into Heritage field by using blue synthetic grass stitched into the sod. Home plate and the corners have been cut off, though.

There are viewfinders put up around the park showing 3D images of OYS and RYS.

There was a soft opening in November and it is officially opening this spring.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat...e-stadium.html

Okay, so I love Bull Durham, but does the quote really belong along our fence? I think we have plenty of Yankee quotes that could've worked.

NYYF Legend

Let me get this straight.

First, we heard they were going to keep the lower bowl of the stadium.

Then, we heard they were going to keep the field surface.

Now, all we get is a stinking outline?

Oh, and the outline is actually cut off, they were too lazy to even find a way to keep that correctly?

What a crock.

The design of Heritage Field fits perfectly with the design of the new Yankee Stadium: thoroughly mediocre.

NYYF Cy Young

The thing I don't get- for the paving stones on the path outside of the park, why didn't they allow people to engrave them with their favorite memory of Yankee Stadium for say $50 a piece? While that doesn't really belong in Yankee Stadium, by Heritage field it would be a nice touch and would have made SO much money for the city considering how many stones there are.

I hope that there is a commeration of the historic salsa concert in 1973 at Yankee Stadium I by the artists that were on the Fania label. Legends such as Hector Lavoe, Willy Colon, & Johnny Pacheco performed. I was disappointed in 2009 when I checked out the Hard Rock and saw that there were no pictures of the concert or mention of it. There were plenty of rappers and pop stars along with rocker memorbilia hanging up in it but no mention of this legendary concert. I haven't been there since so I don't know if they ever added anything after I wrote to the Hard Rock management about what I view as an oversight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/hispa...ory?id=3596100

NYYF Cy Young

The thing I don't get- for the paving stones on the path outside of the park, why didn't they allow people to engrave them with their favorite memory of Yankee Stadium for say $50 a piece? While that doesn't really belong in Yankee Stadium, by Heritage field it would be a nice touch and would have made SO much money for the city considering how many stones there are.
    We actually proposed a commemorative brick sale for the park to pay for the preservation of Gate 2. No response . . . .

NYYF Legend

I think cause technically its NYC parks property

NYYF Cy Young

I think cause technically its NYC parks property
    It is. If anything that should of made it more obvious to do since the city can use all the money they can get.

Thread Information