+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 46 ... LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 1427
  1. #876
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    My Uncle also brought up the equipment........in his day it was padding.........today the padding is covered with plastic/resin which is now armour..........maybe this where the league should look.

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  2. #877
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    food for thought............for you Ranger fans........ Messier....Larry Robinson,Bob Gainey and Guy Lapoint............all hard nose players............never seen them give a cheap shot and that`s 52 years of hockey..........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  3. #878

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Not sure how Orpik stayed out of the box with his holding JVR onto the ground in the crease move.

  4. #879
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Pens just may make a series of this yet..........At least Fleury was able to stop beach balls tonight..............it`s amazing that watching the NHL for 45 years it all comes down to one thing................hot goalie.............Habs last Cup had Roy winning 10 of 11 over time games that year........I aged 10 years...........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  5. #880
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    King Henrik has been amazing...............but so has Mr.Nobody for Ottawa..........Rangers have lead pretty much the whole series and yet it`s down to a 3 game set............

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  6. #881
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Drinking 18 year old Glennmorangie..........so yeah..........I have a few opinions...........

    Rangers in 6
    Bruins in 7
    Preds in 6
    Yotes in 6
    Nucks in 7
    Pens in 7
    Pussys in 7
    Bleues in 6

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  7. #882
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Congrats to the Pens..............I`m a believer....

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  8. #883
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Rangers are kicking arse tomorrow..............6-2

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  9. #884
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Way to go Preds.........nice to see the Kostytsins play well...........have a soft spot for players out of Belarus..........Wings have been a top notch organization for the last 15 years or so...............time to look in the mirror........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  10. #885
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Way to go Preds.........nice to see the Kostytsins play well...........have a soft spot for players out of Belarus..........Wings have been a top notch organization for the last 15 years or so...............time to look in the mirror........
    21 straight times the Red Wings made the playoffs. I don't know if they will break the Bruins record.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  11. #886
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Rangers are kicking arse tomorrow..............6-2
    The Rangers need to play 60 minutes and beyond hockey every game. 60 minutes filled with keeping the puck in their attacking zone. No sitting back and playing prevent defense.

    I'm using a CFL tagline: No lead is safe.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  12. #887
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Pens just may make a series of this yet..........At least Fleury was able to stop beach balls tonight..............it`s amazing that watching the NHL for 45 years it all comes down to one thing................hot goalie.............Habs last Cup had Roy winning 10 of 11 over time games that year........I aged 10 years...........
    Not just a hot goalie M. Jacques, timely goals.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  13. #888
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    ahhhh .....timely goals.......I was at the 79 semi final against the Bruins when Lafleur scored in the final minutes..........Trembly and Lambert with the winner in overtime..............and yes ......I think it was the Rangers we beat to win Sir Stanley........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  14. #889

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Torres gets 25 games.

    http://cnnsi.com/2012/hockey/nhl/04/...2_a2&eref=sihp

    Still shaking my head about how Weber got let off the hook.

  15. #890
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Torres gets 25 games.

    http://cnnsi.com/2012/hockey/nhl/04/...2_a2&eref=sihp

    Still shaking my head about how Weber got let off the hook.
    Well, Shea Weber's hit on Henrik Zetterberg created a crack in Zetterberg's helmet and Zetterberg suffered no effect on the hit.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...hit/54204916/1

    So what if it created a crack in Zetterburg's helmet and suffered no effect Mr. Shanahan? IT'S STILL A BLOW TO THE HEAD!
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...153016338.html

    I mean, do we have to wait until a player is knocked unconscious and fell like a sack of Saskatchewan wheat onto the ice after an illegal hit and leave the game on a stretcher to warrant a suspension Shanny? Come on.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  16. #891

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Wow, Caps one win away from a monster upset.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

  17. #892
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Caps are winning while Ovey`s ice time is being cut............Mr.Hunter sending a message. i`ve watched this series from the beginning ............Ovey seems out of place all the time.............Sens tonight are on a high..........the one series I assumed could be a sweep...........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  18. #893
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Torres gets 25 games.

    http://cnnsi.com/2012/hockey/nhl/04/...2_a2&eref=sihp

    Still shaking my head about how Weber got let off the hook.
    I concur...........

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  19. #894
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Well, Shea Weber's hit on Henrik Zetterberg created a crack in Zetterberg's helmet and Zetterberg suffered no effect on the hit.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...hit/54204916/1

    So what if it created a crack in Zetterburg's helmet and suffered no effect Mr. Shanahan? IT'S STILL A BLOW TO THE HEAD!
    http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl...153016338.html

    I mean, do we have to wait until a player is knocked unconscious and fell like a sack of Saskatchewan wheat onto the ice after an illegal hit and leave the game on a stretcher to warrant a suspension Shanny? Come on.
    While I have no problem with the three games the Rangers got(one game to me would have been sufficient) they did knock out Ottawa star..........have many Ranger fans that are friends and they are still bitching.........25 games for Torre.......I have no problems with......

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  20. #895
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Caps are winning while Ovey`s ice time is being cut............Mr.Hunter sending a message. i`ve watched this series from the beginning ............Ovey seems out of place all the time.............Sens tonight are on a high..........the one series I assumed could be a sweep...........
    And the Caps are doing it with a third-string goaltender in Braden Holtby.

    There is a possibility that both the Rangers, the #1 seed and the Bruins, the #2 seed could be knocked out of the first round, similar to what happened in the 1997-98 postseason in the East.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  21. #896
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    While I have no problem with the three games the Rangers got(one game to me would have been sufficient) they did knock out Ottawa star..........have many Ranger fans that are friends and they are still bitching.........25 games for Torre.......I have no problems with......
    Well, Raffi Torres is a repeat offender for his head hunting tactics.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  22. #897

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Awful game defensively and offensively from start to finish for New Jersey. Brodeur was the only bright spot.

  23. #898
    NYYF Legend

    montrealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Saint Anicet,Quebec

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Wow........watched both the Rangers/Sens and the B`s/and Caps game.............goaltending is at a premium......

    "Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

  24. #899
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Wow........watched both the Rangers/Sens and the B`s/and Caps game.............goaltending is at a premium......
    I think it will be upset city for both the Rangers and Bruins with the way they both play.

    Braden Holtby is keeping the Bruins frustrated and Craig Anderson is keeping the Rangers puzzled.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

  25. #900
    Win or else BroadwayBomber55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SF-Oak-SJ Bay Area, California

    Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

    Also, another overtime game out west between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Phoenix Coyotes.

    This time, the Hawks get the OT winner in Game 5, 2-1.

    Jonathan Toews with the game-winning goal at 2:44 of overtime.

    Speaking of goalies, Mike Smith has been a colossus for the Desert Dogs with 36 saves on 38 SOG.

    And unfortunately, the San Jose Sharks are eliminated after giving up a 1-0 third period lead to lose Game 5 to the St. Louis Blues 3-1.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts