+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 ... LastLast

Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Have they really gotten this preferential treatment this year? Calls go back and forth all year, and I have followed the Penguins all year and haven't seen any evidence of getting breaks from the league and refs this season. Maybe you've noticed things I haven't this season since my view is clouded as a Penguins fan.
    The fact that you have Crosby to begin with is a joke.

As for calls? I haven't watched the Pens enough this year to really say if they've gotten a ton of calls in their favor or not but I do know that Malkin dodged a suspension a few weeks ago because he is Evgeni Malkin.

You're not the douchiest team in the league though. Flyers/Habs/Canucks can battle it out for that title.

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post

As for calls? I haven't watched the Pens enough this year to really say if they've gotten a ton of calls in their favor or not but I do know that Malkin dodged a suspension a few weeks ago because he is Evgeni Malkin.

You're not the douchiest team in the league though. Flyers/Habs/Canucks can battle it out for that title.
    Yeah I will agree with you on the Malkin play, he should have gotten a suspension on that one.

The Sabres still need to finish the season strong, but tonight was a great start with a dominating performance over the Capitals. Ryan Miller was standing on his head out there, much like he has been for the last month and a half. The offense was also solid with 5 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca View Post
    The Sabres still need to finish the season strong, but tonight was a great start with a dominating performance over the Capitals. Ryan Miller was standing on his head out there, much like he has been for the last month and a half. The offense was also solid with 5 goals.
    2 gimmes and 3 tough games.

Washington's road is a little bit easier but every time they look like they're about to tear ................ up, they throw up a stinker.

I'll be rooting for you guys to pass the Sens.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    You seriously dislike the Pens more than the Flyers???? Or, since you are a Ranger fan, the Devils???? It's fine if you do since you are entitled do think/believe whatever you want, but thats a little surprising.
    Yeah I hate the Pens more. Alot of it has to do with the fact that the Pens have ruined several Rangers seasons (where as the Rangers have never beaten the Pens when its really mattered)....the fact that I've felt the Pens have gotten preferntial referee treatment in two different eras, Mario/Jagr and now Cindy/Malkin....I dispise Crosby and think he's a crybaby who gets away with alot of stuff on the ice.

2 gimmes and 3 tough games.

Washington's road is a little bit easier but every time they look like they're about to tear ................ up, they throw up a stinker.

I'll be rooting for you guys to pass the Sens.
    I think the Buffalo Sabres get 8th in the East.

Who are you got in the West Ben?

I think the San Jose Sharks win the Pacific Division and the Nashville Predators, Chicago Blackhawks, Dallas Stars and Los Angeles Kings getting in.
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

NYYF Legend

Uh... no thanks.

Maybe coming soon to an NHL rink near you....

@walsha: Ads on jerseys will come to the NHL (like it is to NBA) owners want the revenue. See previous tweet and comments of Mark Cuban.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Oh god no. Start charging Reebok/Warrior/Bauer/etc for the free advertising they get every single game.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Yeah I hate the Pens more. Alot of it has to do with the fact that the Pens have ruined several Rangers seasons (where as the Rangers have never beaten the Pens when its really mattered)....the fact that I've felt the Pens have gotten preferntial referee treatment in two different eras, Mario/Jagr and now Cindy/Malkin....I dispise Crosby and think he's a crybaby who gets away with alot of stuff on the ice.
    They're very good right now........Pens and the Golden Boy may ruin your season again.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    They're very good right now........Pens and the Golden Boy may ruin your season again.......
    Ugh I don't even want to think about that. Hopefully whoever is 6th beats whoever is 3rd and then the Bruins play the Pens in the 2nd round.

Martin fired...check
    Gauthier fired check
    Gomez bought out check
    Lottery pick check

All in all a step in the right direction.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Depends on how much longer you go the lottery route.As it stands right now, your core is pretty bad. One prospect won't change that.

You're in a better position than the Leafs though, so at least you have that going for you.

Depends on how much longer you go the lottery route.As it stands right now, your core is pretty bad. One prospect won't change that.

You're in a better position than the Leafs though, so at least you have that going for you.
    To be honest, I'm really enjoying the fact that we're even having this debate (who's in worse shape Toronto or Montreal?)

Ugh, a Penguins/Canucks SCF would be completely unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Ugh I don't even want to think about that. Hopefully whoever is 6th beats whoever is 3rd and then the Bruins play the Pens in the 2nd round.
    And that seems fairly likely given that Florida has a -19 goal differential.

NYYF Legend

WTF? I thought the Barclay's center couldn't fit an NHL rink, let alone be ready RIGHT AWAY with an available ice surface

Quote Originally Posted by MTYankee23 View Post
    To be honest, I'm really enjoying the fact that we're even having this debate (who's in worse shape Toronto or Montreal?)
    Oh its no debate, Toronto is ................ed way worse than Montreal. I don't think Price is that good, but hes miles ahead of Reimer. That alone puts them in a much better position going forward.

Both teams need to address leadership issues. Both of these teams remind me of the mess that the Rangers were the year that Torts took over, the difference being that our Goalie was good enough to have us in the playoff hunt.

And that seems fairly likely given that Florida has a -19 goal differential.
    Even bigger joke is that the Devils, with their 14 shoot out wins will be lucky enough to draw that 6th seed.

Then again, if things go as they should the Rangers would draw the Devils in round 2. No Bruins or Pens en route to the ECF? Works for me.

Oh its no debate, Toronto is ................ed way worse than Montreal. I don't think Price is that good, but hes miles ahead of Reimer. That alone puts them in a much better position going forward.

Both teams need to address leadership issues. Both of these teams remind me of the mess that the Rangers were the year that Torts took over, the difference being that our Goalie was good enough to have us in the playoff hunt.
    How much do you think "Burkie" is going to be throwing at Parise trying to get him to Toronto? 8 per? 9?

Quote Originally Posted by MTYankee23 View Post
    How much do you think "Burkie" is going to be throwing at Parise trying to get him to Toronto? 8 per? 9?
    He should try to get Ryan Miller. You build a team from the back. Goalie -> blue line -> forwards.

He should try to get Ryan Miller. You build a team from the back. Goalie -> blue line -> forwards.
    Why would Buffalo trade him? Let alone to a team within their division?

Cory Schneider is the guy Toronto should be look at going after. Hes a really good goalie who deserves a chance to start.

Cory Schneider is the guy Toronto should be look at going after. Hes a really good goalie who deserves a chance to start.
    There ya go. I knew I was forgetting a FA goalie. Plus that will leave Vancouver with Luongo alone for the next 9 years

There ya go. I knew I was forgetting a FA goalie. Plus that will leave Vancouver with Luongo alone for the next 9 years
    Hes a RFA so Toronto would have to either trade for him or offer sheet him.

The UFA class for Goalies is awful this upcoming off season. Vokun is at the top of the list (at 35 years old coming off of an injury plagued season) along with 42 year old Dwayne Roloson.

Toronto is ................ed

They should have just not traded Tuukka Rask for Andrew Raycroft.

If Boston can sign Parise or Suter and we need the cap space, I'd trade them Tim Thomas, and we're in the division. (Of course Bruin fans hate when I suggest things like that).

Hes a RFA so Toronto would have to either trade for him or offer sheet him.

The UFA class for Goalies is awful this upcoming off season. Vokun is at the top of the list (at 35 years old coming off of an injury plagued season) along with 42 year old Dwayne Roloson.

Toronto is ................ed
    Never really been a fan of chasing need. They should push for Schultz and use Gardiner as a recruiting tool there. It's sort of building from the back, in the way that if your defense is strong enough, and you deploy a solid defensive system, you protect your goaltender. See what Edmonton would pay for Phaneuf since no defenseman in their right mind is signing there, and then go hard after Parise AND Suter, even if you have to overpay for both.

That takes any real or imagined leadership responsibility away from Kessel.

Wait, does Mike Komisarek really have a NMC? WOW. I'd have had him in a Marlies uniform months ago.

It once again disgusts me to see teams being rewarded for being in the #6 spot. Flyers are 4 points ahead of the Devils for #5. What is the Flyers reward going to be? They will get to face the 2nd best team in the East, either the Rangers or Penguins in the 1st Round. What do the 6th seeded Devils get? They get to play the Southeast winner, likely the Panthers, who very well could have the 7th or 8th best record in the East?

In the West what reward will the Redwings and Predators get for being better than the Blackhawks and being the 3rd and 4th best teams in the West? They get to play each other in the 1st round. Meanwhile the Blackhawks will get to play the Pacific winner which has 4 teams separated by 1 point. So it is likely that just 1 point will be the difference from being the Division winner and the 3rd seed, or not making the playoffs. So good for the Blackhawks and Devils. They certainly deserve to be rewarded for having a lesser season.

Just look at how goal differential for that 3rd place team sticks out for both conferences:

East:
    #1: +41
    #2: +63
    #3: -19
    #4: +56
    #5: +28

West:
    #1: +52
    #2: +44
    #3: +1
    #4: +48
    #5: +17