+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

Quote Originally Posted by AMYanks View Post
    calgarysun Calgary Sun
    by mirtle
    Sources tell QMI that ex-Flame Leaf Wade Belak has been found dead in a downtown Toronto condo
    13 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

So many young deaths this off-season.
    And now I see that he hung himself

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/69...hanged-himself
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Thats just tragic.

Boegaard's and Rypien's deaths were sad enough but the fact that Belak is leaving behind two young children is really upsetting.

NYYF Legend

Seems that there are several NHL Players among the dead in the Russian crash......le sigh

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Seems that there are several NHL Players among the dead in the Russian crash......le sigh
    One of them is former NHL player Pavol Demitra.
    http://www.championat.com/hockey/news-920143.html; http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

RIP
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Gosh what a tragic year for the NHL!
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

This summer was already horrible and now this. Tragedy beyond words. The more names of guys I am familiar with really make this news sink in. Hard to believe. RIP to all and thoughts go out to all the families and friends that are left behind.
    New York Yankees: 27 Time World Series Champions!

Reactions from the hockey world
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...iv-plane-crash
    KHL statement:
    "We are only beginning to understand the impact of this tragedy affecting the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl club and the international hockey community. First and foremost, our condolences go out to the families and friends of the players, coaches and staff lost in today's tragedy.

"We know that there are many in the KHL family who will be grieving with us. As the investigation of this tragedy progresses we will work closely with investigators, government officials, club executives and the Yaroslavl community. We are working to find an appropriate way to honor this club and begin the healing process from the deep loss so many of us feel today.

"We are aware that many of you have questions. This tragedy remains our primary focus. We ask for patience as we find an appropriate way to proceed with the 2011/2012 season. We will continue to communicate our plans as they take shape."

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman:
    "Though it occurred thousands of miles away from our home arenas, this tragedy represents a catastrophic loss to the hockey world -- including the NHL family, which lost so many fathers, sons, teammates and friends who at one time excelled in our League. Our deepest condolences go to the families and loved ones of all who perished."

IIHF President René Fasel:
    "This is a terrible tragedy for the global ice hockey community with some many nationalities involved. Our thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of the victims.

"Despite the substantial air travel of professional hockey teams, our sport has been spared from tragic traffic accidents. But only until now. This is the darkest day in the history of our sport. This is not only a Russian tragedy, the Lokomotiv roster included players and coaches from ten nations."
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

It just keeps getting worse...

Condolences to the families and friends of those who passed in this tragedy. I don't know what much there is to say.

NYYF Legend

A whole team gone just like that. Earth shattering stuff.

Hope the families of all the victims make it through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabata View Post
    A whole team gone just like that. Earth shattering stuff.

Hope the families of all the victims make it through this.
    All but 2 people survived that plane crash.

My question is, how long will Lokomotiv Yaroslavl recover from this tragedy? They were in the Top 3 in 3 of the last 4 seasons in the KHL.

Now, all the players in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash died.
    Alexander Galimov, who initally survived the crash, passes away.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    Now, all the players in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash died.
    Alexander Galimov, who initally survived the crash, passes away.
    http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...pid=nhl-rxl-fb
    Sad.Burns are horrible.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

NYYF Triple Crown

NYYF Legend

Our owner is cooler than your owner.
    I'm in your thread, stealing RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees' identity.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well....I am a total bacon whore...

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

Our owner is cooler than your owner.
    No one is a cooler cat than James Dolan.

Buffalo Sabres and D Tyler Myers agree to 7-year, $38.5 million extension
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/69...th-385-million

New York Islanders and John Tavares agree on six-year deal
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...-six-year-deal

Riding off into the sunset: Legendary Dallas Stars C Mike Modano retires
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nhl/story/...ces-retirement

What a great career Modano had.

NYYF Triple Crown

Cheers to another year of praying for the Leafs to get into the playoffs. The defense did a good job last night against Philadelphia collapsing around the next and driving the Flyers away from goal.

Some pre-season points:
    Schenn needs to continue to be more physical; he's talented but as a defensive player he needs a mean streak, I haven't seen it yet.
    Bozak needs to take the shot; there are times to pass; there are times to shoot; he needs to pick the latter over the former far more often and let his line mates crash the crease on an odd-man.
    Paneuf is no longer what he was; that being said he is still an above average player.
    Kessel needs to show he is premier player; he has shown he is a very complimentary player. Give Kessel a good cast and he will thrive; but he can't put a team on his back.

If Reimer can repeat what he did last year; the Leafs will be fighting for the 7/8 seeds.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast View Post
    Cheers to another year of praying for the Leafs to get into the playoffs. The defense did a good job last night against Philadelphia collapsing around the next and driving the Flyers away from goal.

Some pre-season points:
    Schenn needs to continue to be more physical; he's talented but as a defensive player he needs a mean streak, I haven't seen it yet.
    Bozak needs to take the shot; there are times to pass; there are times to shoot; he needs to pick the latter over the former far more often and let his line mates crash the crease on an odd-man.
    Paneuf is no longer what he was; that being said he is still an above average player.
    Kessel needs to show he is premier player; he has shown he is a very complimentary player. Give Kessel a good cast and he will thrive; but he can't put a team on his back.

If Reimer can repeat what he did last year; the Leafs will be fighting for the 7/8 seeds.
    I'm sorry but I don't see it.

I think things are coming together for them on the blue line (they've quietly grown into a pretty solid group) but in reality, they're really not anything overly special.

I do not like the makeup of their team at forward. Nikolai Kulemin is a great hockey player, but after that its a bunch of one dimensional skill players or guys who really don't have much skill at all (I'm not throwing Kadri into either of those groups, but hes still got a lot to prove.)

Not sold on Reimer either.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by CanoForPresident View Post
    I'm sorry but I don't see it.

I think things are coming together for them on the blue line (they've quietly grown into a pretty solid group) but in reality, they're really not anything overly special.

I do not like the makeup of their team at forward. Nikolai Kulemin is a great hockey player, but after that its a bunch of one dimensional skill players or guys who really don't have much skill at all (I'm not throwing Kadri into either of those groups, but hes still got a lot to prove.)

Not sold on Reimer either.
    Hence the praying.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

NYYF Cy Young

Pretty cool seeing Danny Briere coaching his son once again at Pennsauken, NJ last night
    while the Flyers continue with their pre-season.

Danny coaches his son Cameron during the regular season when he can. If the Flyers have
    a Sat/Sun night game, Danny will be seen coaching his son's morning/afternoon game right before.

I'm sure there are others who do this, but Danny is the only one I know of that plays and
    coaches at the same time. Derian Hatcher was coaching his sons team (sharing the ice)
    at the same time, but I believe Derian is out of the league now.
    [

NYYF Cy Young

That Jagr can still do it at 39. He is really going to help the Flyers PP, and the Flyers
    need all the help they can get. That goalie signing is very debateable.
    [

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by trentonthunder View Post
    That Jagr can still do it at 39. He is really going to help the Flyers PP, and the Flyers
    need all the help they can get. That goalie signing is very debateable.
    Jagr and Giroux seem to have almost instant chemisty. Adding JVR or Voracek to that line should be fun to watch.

Brayden Schenn looks more than ready for the NHL, and Wayne Simmonds is already becoming one of my favorite Flyers.

It is debatable whether or not Brzgalov will be worth his contract, but I think he'll prove his doubters wrong this season, as he's put up very good numbers in previous years on teams with overall D-core nowhere near as good as Philly's.

I can't wait to see what he'll do with Pronger, Timonen, Coburn and Meszaros in front of him every night.

Should be an exciting and interesting season.
    28 in 2014

Jagr will be completely worn down by the All-Star break (if not before it.) His skills may be at a pretty high level, but he's coming from a league where hes barely been touched the last 3 years and he is 39 years old.

After what he did in NY for the Rangers hes a guy I won't be able to root against, but I'll be flat out shocked if he is productive past January.

Flyers are a cluster ................. They're a cluster ................ with potential, but I don't think that this experiment will end will for them.

Thread Information