Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: Official NHL Thread: 2011-2012 Season

Turris

takes one in the pills?

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

Sens getting to the Rangers........Richards about to snap......

NYYF Legend

Nice too see the refs letting them play.....

NYYF Legend

Decision Neil.......

NYYF Legend

Torts looking out of sorts...........

NYYF Cy Young

I can't believe they upheld that kicked goal by Neil at the end of the Rangers vs. Senators game. Neil could have even been called for intereference there too.

Seriously...what are they looking at?
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I can't believe they upheld that kicked goal by Neil at the end of the Rangers vs. Senators game. Neil could have even been called for intereference there too.

Seriously...what are they looking at?
    He clearly tried to kick it, but it looks like he whiffed on it. I think lundquist hit it in with his stick when he was trying to smother it. Either way, it didn't affect the final result.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat View Post
    He clearly tried to kick it, but it looks like he whiffed on it. I think lundquist hit it in with his stick when he was trying to smother it. Either way, it didn't affect the final result.
    On the postgame you can see the puck quicken in speed after Lundquist tried covering it up. It was clearly kicked by Neil. The NHL should be relieved that Ottowa didn't score a goal in the final 30 seconds.
    [FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][B]“I would like to take the great Di Maggio fishing....They say his father was a fisherman. Maybe he was as poor as we are and would understand.”[/B]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Ernest Hemingway
    “The Old Man and the Sea”[/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    On the postgame you can see the puck quicken in speed after Lundquist tried covering it up. It was clearly kicked by Neil. The NHL should be relieved that Ottowa didn't score a goal in the final 30 seconds.
    It speeds up, but it seems like Neil's foot is faster than the puck. If he kicked it, shouldn't it be in front of his foot, instead of trailing behind it?

NYYF Legend

Congrats to the Rangers...........kudos to the Yotes!

It speeds up, but it seems like Neil's foot is faster than the puck. If he kicked it, shouldn't it be in front of his foot, instead of trailing behind it?
    Looks like he kicked it in to me. Crazy they allowed it after review. I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome, but that goal should never have been allowed. Even if it wasn't kicked in there should have been a goalie interference call.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    Looks like he kicked it in to me. Crazy they allowed it after review. I'm glad it didn't affect the outcome, but that goal should never have been allowed. Even if it wasn't kicked in there should have been a goalie interference call.
    Exactly. I can see them not overturning the call on the ice. Whichever way they originally ruled it, there wasn't clear enough evidence to change that call. However the interference was blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer View Post
    Congrats to the Rangers...........kudos to the Yotes!
    At long last, the Phoenix Coyotes earned their first playoff series win since moving to the desert and their first playoff series win as a franchise since they were the then-Winnipeg Jets in 1987
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

I wonder how Tampa fans feel these days after picking 42 year old Dwayne Roloson over Mike Smith this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future View Post
    I agree about the interference, it should have been called. However, Interference isn't reviewable, so all they could review was the kick. He clearly tried to kick it. Whether he whiffed on it or not really depends on which angle you choose to look at it from. It looks like he kicked it from the overhead shot, but the shot from the blue line makes it look like he missed. That's pretty much the definition of inconclusive from the NHLs point of view. But the interference, I think that was a missed call. As a few have said, luckily it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

along the same lines, I wonder how much lundquist is going to be fined for his comments after the game.

Pittsburgh Penguins 2011-2012 season eulogy - written by a Philly fan.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...v=3#more-31282

It should be interesting in the NYR-OTT and BOS-WSH Game 7s.

The Rangers need to play like they did in Game 6 and John Tortorella has won two Game 7s in his career as head coach before with the 2003-04 Tampa Bay Lightning, both at home.

Also, the Rangers won their last three Game 7s on home ice (1992 and 1994 vs. NJD and 1994 vs. VAN).

As for the Ottawa Senators, they have yet to win a Game 7 in their rebirth franchise history. They are 0-4 and three of them were on the road: 1997 vs. BUF, 2002 and 2004 vs. TOR.

As for the Bruins-Capitals series, this is where the Bruins won their sixth Stanley Cup last season winning three Game 7s.

And for the Caps, Alexander Ovechkin needs to be a massive beast. He's 1-3 in Game 7s and has only four points (2 G, 2 A).
    "Losing is not my enemy, fear of losing is my enemy." - Tennis champion Rafael Nadal

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I wonder how Tampa fans feel these days after picking 42 year old Dwayne Roloson over Mike Smith this offseason.
    So far, that's the only boo-boo Steve Yzerman made as Tampa Bay Lightning GM.

Great move by Don Maloney getting Mike Smith.

NYYF Legend

Go Devils!

That doesn't mean his foot didn't make contact -- same thing as a batter swinging over a pitch and nubbing it in front of home plate.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    It should be interesting in the NYR-OTT and BOS-WSH Game 7s.

The Rangers need to play like they did in Game 6 and John Tortorella has won two Game 7s in his career as head coach before with the 2003-04 Tampa Bay Lightning, both at home.

Also, the Rangers won their last three Game 7s on home ice (1992 and 1994 vs. NJD and 1994 vs. VAN).

As for the Ottawa Senators, they have yet to win a Game 7 in their rebirth franchise history. They are 0-4 and three of them were on the road: 1997 vs. BUF, 2002 and 2004 vs. TOR.

As for the Bruins-Capitals series, this is where the Bruins won their sixth Stanley Cup last season winning three Game 7s.

And for the Caps, Alexander Ovechkin needs to be a massive beast. He's 1-3 in Game 7s and has only four points (2 G, 2 A).

I would be surprised if Ovie is the difference maker in their Game 7. I am hoping Boston takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayBomber55 View Post
    A point per game isn't exactly poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    That doesn't mean his foot didn't make contact -- same thing as a batter swinging over a pitch and nubbing it in front of home plate.
    I don't think it is the same at all. Round ball, round bat, ball thrown with velocity in the air. Flat puck standing still on the ice with a swinging leg.

Either way. Rangers won. Game over

I don't think it is the same at all. Round ball, round bat, ball thrown with velocity in the air. Flat puck standing still on the ice with a swinging leg.

Either way. Rangers won. Game over
    That wasn't the point. He could have grazed it and it still would have moved, albeit slower than the speed of his foot following through.

Watched the 3rd period and OT of NJ/FLA. It was actually entertaining. 3 Game 7's in the next 3 nights.

Go Capitals
    Go Rangers
    Go Panthers

Thread Information