+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 215

Thread: GyM rats

  1. #1
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    GyM rats

    So i figured i would throw it out there and see how many gym rats we had in the nyyfans family. Men and women alike talk about and share about anything to do with gyms, exercise's, supplements...anything to do with our lifestyle when not at the stadium or watching the game.
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: GyM rats

    Gym Rats are the reason why I don't go to the gym.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  3. #3
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: GyM rats

    well i'm sorry you feel that way, however i think that's just a lame excuse used to justify laziness
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  4. #4
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: GyM rats

    For a second, I thought this thread was about Gyn rats.

  5. #5
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: GyM rats

    I like running on the machines and looking at the sweaty women. And then I stopped going because planet fitness is a piece of sh*t. When I get a job again I'll build my own gym with a power rack.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

  6. #6
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    For a second, I thought this thread was about Gyn rats.
    I was trying to figure out if the GyM spelling was significant...

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  7. #7

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    I like running on the machines and looking at the sweaty women. And then I stopped going because planet fitness is a piece of sh*t. When I get a job again I'll build my own gym with a power rack.
    I have done this.

    Power rack, bench, olympic set, medicine ball, JC resistance straps. Just got the bowflex adjustable dumbells (10-90lbs) on their annual clearance price, and already own a set of 100s.

    All I need now is an adjustable plyo box, and I might build a suspension trainer out of chains, unless I get lazy and spend the $150 on a TRX.

    No reason to go to a gym.
    Team Northern Lights

  8. #8
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I have done this.

    Power rack, bench, olympic set, medicine ball, JC resistance straps. Just got the bowflex adjustable dumbells (10-90lbs) on their annual clearance price, and already own a set of 100s.

    All I need now is an adjustable plyo box, and I might build a suspension trainer out of chains, unless I get lazy and spend the $150 on a TRX.

    No reason to go to a gym.
    Do you do a specific strength training program like Starting Strength or Strong Lifts 5x5?
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

  9. #9
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: GyM rats

    Don't know if I would be considered a gym rat as I go to a Martial arts gym to train Muay Thai. Only weights I use is a kettlebell rest of what I do is pure body weight exercises or I use a speed rope or medicine ball .

    Love to run, could do it all the time.

    Supplements am learning about them slowly. Currently take natural ones which are: Flaxseed oil, Cod Liver oil and L-Carnitine.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  10. #10
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: GyM rats

    My brother bought that new gym thingy...ps90 or whatever it's called. He says it's great.

  11. #11
    Trade Bait Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    My brother bought that new gym thingy...ps90 or whatever it's called. He says it's great.
    PS90 is a gun.
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    My brother bought that new gym thingy...ps90 or whatever it's called. He says it's great.
    PS90 is a school.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

  13. #13
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: GyM rats

    PS90 is a gaming system scheduled for release on 10/15/2275.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  14. #14
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    PS90 is a gun.
    Who needs the gym when you bring a gun to a fight?
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

  15. #15
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    PS90 is a school.
    Who needs the gym when you have the smarts to talk your way out of a fight?
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

  16. #16
    My photograph. Soriambi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    PS90 is a gaming system scheduled for release on 10/15/2275.
    Who needs the gym when you have a damn time machine?
    -Kevin

    "My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan


    RIP, Pete.

  17. #17
    Re2pect Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    well i'm sorry you feel that way, however i think that's just a lame excuse used to justify laziness
    you're a lame excuse to justify laziness.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.


    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

  18. #18

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam18 View Post
    Do you do a specific strength training program like Starting Strength or Strong Lifts 5x5?
    I have used 5x5, and it works. I'm not always using a specific program, because time constraints generally get in the way.

    I do believe that using a program as much as possible is the way to go though. Good ones are built on progression, which can get lost when you're just winging it.
    Team Northern Lights

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    Yankeeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    North Jersey

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    Don't know if I would be considered a gym rat as I go to a Martial arts gym to train Muay Thai.
    I do jiu-jitsu and damn straight you're a gym rat if you go a lot.

  20. #20
    R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    Who needs the gym when you have the smarts to talk your way out of a fight?
    Who needs smarts when you can run like hell to avoid a fan? Of course, you'll need to join a gym to do that.

    And if they break out the pit bull, rotweiler or the mastiff, then you'll need a gun.

  21. #21
    Addicted Member
    b0mber's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Section 203

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    I have used 5x5, and it works. I'm not always using a specific program, because time constraints generally get in the way.

    I do believe that using a program as much as possible is the way to go though. Good ones are built on progression, which can get lost when you're just winging it.
    I love the 5x5 program escpecially during a bulking cycle. How much did the bowflex dumbells run you for on clearance?
    I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee fan

    Operation 28

  22. #22

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by b0mber View Post
    I love the 5x5 program escpecially during a bulking cycle. How much did the bowflex dumbells run you for on clearance?
    $359. They do this once or twice a year on the 1090s, which is an insane price because Amazon has single dumbbell for $299. I may try to trade them to a local dealer for the Powerblock Elite 90s, since those appear to be a lot sturdier in terms of construction.
    Team Northern Lights

  23. #23
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: GyM rats

    NerfBall I want to see shirtless pics of you.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

  24. #24
    NYYF Legend

    Evil Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    you're a lame excuse to justify laziness.
    Basically, gym rats is just another term for ass holes. I don't need their judgement because I can only squat half the amount they do. I also enjoy eating the occasional cheeseburger and french fries as opposed to consuming protein shakes 7 meals a day.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend

    Sam18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

    Re: GyM rats

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire View Post
    Basically, gym rats is just another term for ass holes. I don't need their judgement because I can only squat half the amount they do. I also enjoy eating the occasional cheeseburger and french fries as opposed to consuming protein shakes 7 meals a day.
    Brah you can eat cheeseburger and french fries and tell em you're bulking.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts