Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

2011 International Free Agent Thread

Have at it boys...

Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

"Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    I'm REALLY happy with what they did last year (especially if Paniagua and Depaula get visas) and I hope they can keep it up this year.

i ve been really excited with there signing the last couple yr and we should start to see what they have once they reach stateside. Its my understanding that they have expwnded there IFA budget this yr since they don't have a high pick and they have left over money that they were planning on spending on Lee and Pettite.

I d really like them to target a couple SS and some corner guys since that seems to be the weakest position in our system. I don't think you can ever have to many good young SS and outside of the C position we don't have many power hitting prospects in the system. This yrs class seems to have some very good corner OF with great power potential.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...y-2-class.html

"This year's group is an improvement on the 2011 class, writes Ben Badler of Baseball America. He names the Yankees, Blue Jays, Rangers, Royals, Mariners, Pirates, Red Sox, and Reds as teams that could be active in the international market."

Guzman, Hernandez, Mazara, Becerra and Osuna all sound like really nice prospects. I wonder if it will take a long time, like last year, for signing information to come out.

i am being absolutely serious when i say, sign them all.

yes, in-house scouting expertise is a source of knowledge when it comes to identifying good deals that other teams miss, but over-reliance on them is a severe limitation if it makes you fail to pursue big talent that fits your resources and needs. the end analysis is always based on concrete results of who got what player.

why the ................ am i reading stuff like

Outfielders Ronald Guzman, Elier Hernandez, and Nomar Mazara could challenge Miguel Sano's $3.15MM record for a Dominican hitter, writes Badler. The Rangers, Red Sox, and Blue Jays have been connected to Guzman and the Royals are the frontrunner for Hernandez.
    so now the ................ing royals are beating the yankees.

/rant
    always reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i am being absolutely serious when i say, sign them all.
    And you wonder why some fans of other teams hate Yankees fans?

so now the ................ing royals are beating the yankees.
    In what? Rumors?

And you wonder why some fans of other teams hate Yankees fans?
    hahaha and i care because?

yes, even in rumors that is not allowed. besides, royals are actually pretty good, which is why it is even worse to lose to them.
    always reasonable

http://www.pinetarpress.com/?p=7980

ELIER HERNÁNDEZ(Legit 5 Tool #1 Ranked player in International Market)OFR/R6′ 4″19511/21/1994
    HELSIN MARTINEZ(Special Power and Speed, ranked #2 in International Market)OFR/R6′ 5″1902/27/1995
    MANUEL MARCOS(Combines speed and power, Future CF and 5 tool projection)OFL/R6′ 0″17511/28/1994
    ADELIN SANTA(Physical specimen, known for his hitting and power)3BR/R6′ 3″1906/1/1995
    RONALD SOTO(Big body and Power)3BR/R6′ 3″20010/5/1994
    JOHAN HERRERA3BL/R6′ 2″1856/14/1995
    CARLOS BELONI(Father Major Leaguer, American born, speed and gap power)SSR/R6′ 3″1758/19/1994
    GALVIN MOSCAT(One of the strongest arms in market, projects to be a corner outfielder with plus power)SSR/R6’21856/29/1994
    WARNER FRANCOSSS/R6′ 2″17012/12/1994
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994

seeing the age on some of these kids makes me feel old.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

ELIER HERNÁNDEZ(Legit 5 Tool #1 Ranked player in International Market)OFR/R6′ 4″19511/21/1994
    HELSIN MARTINEZ(Special Power and Speed, ranked #2 in International Market)OFR/R6′ 5″1902/27/1995
    MANUEL MARCOS(Combines speed and power, Future CF and 5 tool projection)OFL/R6′ 0″17511/28/1994
    ADELIN SANTA(Physical specimen, known for his hitting and power)3BR/R6′ 3″1906/1/1995
    CARLOS BELONI(Father Major Leaguer, American born, speed and gap power)SSR/R6′ 3″1758/19/1994
    GALVIN MOSCAT(One of the strongest arms in market, projects to be a corner outfielder with plus power)SSR/R6’21856/29/1994
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994

Same here.

I have kids older than those guys. All my kids in fact. My youngest was born in 1993.

its still early the Yanks are always big players in the IFA market and they are looking to add corner players as was obvious in the draft. I imagine with as good as this class is and with them not having alot of expensive picks they ll spend heavily in this class

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    its still early the Yanks are always big players in the IFA market and they are looking to add corner players as was obvious in the draft. I imagine with as good as this class is and with them not having alot of expensive picks they ll spend heavily in this class
    I don't think they'll go corner in the IFA.. you're talking about 16 year olds. Better to go up the middle with them cause they will pobably have to move to the corner.

at least act as heavy spenders so that top kids can be attracted to explore the yankees option seriously, instead of being led by their handlers to whatever "relationship" deal that may not even be best for them.
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

I want Bill Pujols for his name alone. Bill. Pujols. There's just something magical about it.

Santa the Specimen sounds like a winner as well.

Come to think of it, I'm with awy. Sign them all, please.

at least act as heavy spenders so that top kids can be attracted to explore the yankees option seriously, instead of being led by their handlers to whatever "relationship" deal that may not even be best for them.
    Now you are being ridiculous. The Yankees are always one of the biggest spending teams in IFA. Just because they didn't see a kid worth as much as Sanchez last year doesn't mean they won't spend

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    Now you are being ridiculous. The Yankees are always one of the biggest spending teams in IFA. Just because they didn't see a kid worth as much as Sanchez last year doesn't mean they won't spend
    In 2010, the Yankees spent more money except one team on IFA prospects and that information came from Baseball America.

i of course know that, and i also know that as other teams have increased their presence in that market the yankees need to do MORE and stay in front MORE, if they are still in front at all.

if you are a top IFA looking for the best entry into the majors, the yankees are not the clear first choice. that needs to change.
    always reasonable

This guy can't possibly be real.

i of course know that, and i also know that as other teams have increased their presence in that market the yankees need to do MORE and stay in front MORE, if they are still in front at all.

if you are a top IFA looking for the best entry into the majors, the yankees are not the clear first choice. that needs to change.

again, this is straight nonsense. the yankees top pretty much everyone's list.the only team even remotely close to the yankees is the mariners. you dont think every agent and every buscone does everything in thier power to have thier player play in the yankees facility in front of yankee scouts?

judging by the signing results of these past few years, other teams have gotten the top billing prospects.

no, getting 1 guy per year of that caliber is not exactly being the best.
    always reasonable

judging by the signing results of these past few years, other teams have gotten the top billing prospects.

no, getting 1 guy per year of that caliber is not exactly being the best.

just because players took more money from another team doesnt mean the yankees arent the best. there's far more to being the best than just throwing piles of money at people

when you have piles of money and not using it, it does not make sense. especially if we are talking about players that they actually like and only lost out on cash. the marginal cost/benefit does not add up whatsoever.
    always reasonable

Didn't the Yankees throw the most money at Miguel Cabrera & Felix & they got turned down anyway?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    This guy can't possibly be real.
    Stop tryin' to stomp out my dream, tek. He's real, and dammit, he'll wear Pinstripes!

Thread Information