+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 446
  1. #1
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Have at it boys...

  2. #2

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  3. #3

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    I'm REALLY happy with what they did last year (especially if Paniagua and Depaula get visas) and I hope they can keep it up this year.

  4. #4

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    i ve been really excited with there signing the last couple yr and we should start to see what they have once they reach stateside. Its my understanding that they have expwnded there IFA budget this yr since they don't have a high pick and they have left over money that they were planning on spending on Lee and Pettite.

    I d really like them to target a couple SS and some corner guys since that seems to be the weakest position in our system. I don't think you can ever have to many good young SS and outside of the C position we don't have many power hitting prospects in the system. This yrs class seems to have some very good corner OF with great power potential.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...y-2-class.html

    "This year's group is an improvement on the 2011 class, writes Ben Badler of Baseball America. He names the Yankees, Blue Jays, Rangers, Royals, Mariners, Pirates, Red Sox, and Reds as teams that could be active in the international market."

    Guzman, Hernandez, Mazara, Becerra and Osuna all sound like really nice prospects. I wonder if it will take a long time, like last year, for signing information to come out.

  7. #7

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    i am being absolutely serious when i say, sign them all.


    yes, in-house scouting expertise is a source of knowledge when it comes to identifying good deals that other teams miss, but over-reliance on them is a severe limitation if it makes you fail to pursue big talent that fits your resources and needs. the end analysis is always based on concrete results of who got what player.

    why the ................ am i reading stuff like


    Outfielders Ronald Guzman, Elier Hernandez, and Nomar Mazara could challenge Miguel Sano's $3.15MM record for a Dominican hitter, writes Badler. The Rangers, Red Sox, and Blue Jays have been connected to Guzman and the Royals are the frontrunner for Hernandez.
    so now the ................ing royals are beating the yankees.



    /rant
    always reasonable

  8. #8

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i am being absolutely serious when i say, sign them all.
    And you wonder why some fans of other teams hate Yankees fans?

    so now the ................ing royals are beating the yankees.
    In what? Rumors?

  9. #9

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    And you wonder why some fans of other teams hate Yankees fans?
    hahaha and i care because?


    yes, even in rumors that is not allowed. besides, royals are actually pretty good, which is why it is even worse to lose to them.
    always reasonable

  10. #10

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    http://www.pinetarpress.com/?p=7980


    ELIER HERNÁNDEZ(Legit 5 Tool #1 Ranked player in International Market)OFR/R6′ 4″19511/21/1994
    HELSIN MARTINEZ(Special Power and Speed, ranked #2 in International Market)OFR/R6′ 5″1902/27/1995
    MANUEL MARCOS(Combines speed and power, Future CF and 5 tool projection)OFL/R6′ 0″17511/28/1994
    ADELIN SANTA(Physical specimen, known for his hitting and power)3BR/R6′ 3″1906/1/1995
    RONALD SOTO(Big body and Power)3BR/R6′ 3″20010/5/1994
    JOHAN HERRERA3BL/R6′ 2″1856/14/1995
    CARLOS BELONI(Father Major Leaguer, American born, speed and gap power)SSR/R6′ 3″1758/19/1994
    GALVIN MOSCAT(One of the strongest arms in market, projects to be a corner outfielder with plus power)SSR/R6’21856/29/1994
    WARNER FRANCOSSS/R6′ 2″17012/12/1994
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994

    seeing the age on some of these kids makes me feel old.
    always reasonable

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    http://www.pinetarpress.com/?p=7980


    ELIER HERNÁNDEZ(Legit 5 Tool #1 Ranked player in International Market)OFR/R6′ 4″19511/21/1994
    HELSIN MARTINEZ(Special Power and Speed, ranked #2 in International Market)OFR/R6′ 5″1902/27/1995
    MANUEL MARCOS(Combines speed and power, Future CF and 5 tool projection)OFL/R6′ 0″17511/28/1994
    ADELIN SANTA(Physical specimen, known for his hitting and power)3BR/R6′ 3″1906/1/1995
    RONALD SOTO(Big body and Power)3BR/R6′ 3″20010/5/1994
    JOHAN HERRERA3BL/R6′ 2″1856/14/1995
    CARLOS BELONI(Father Major Leaguer, American born, speed and gap power)SSR/R6′ 3″1758/19/1994
    GALVIN MOSCAT(One of the strongest arms in market, projects to be a corner outfielder with plus power)SSR/R6’21856/29/1994
    WARNER FRANCOSSS/R6′ 2″17012/12/1994
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994

    seeing the age on some of these kids makes me feel old.
    Same here.

    I have kids older than those guys. All my kids in fact. My youngest was born in 1993.

  12. #12

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    its still early the Yanks are always big players in the IFA market and they are looking to add corner players as was obvious in the draft. I imagine with as good as this class is and with them not having alot of expensive picks they ll spend heavily in this class

  13. #13

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    its still early the Yanks are always big players in the IFA market and they are looking to add corner players as was obvious in the draft. I imagine with as good as this class is and with them not having alot of expensive picks they ll spend heavily in this class
    I don't think they'll go corner in the IFA.. you're talking about 16 year olds. Better to go up the middle with them cause they will pobably have to move to the corner.

  14. #14

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    at least act as heavy spenders so that top kids can be attracted to explore the yankees option seriously, instead of being led by their handlers to whatever "relationship" deal that may not even be best for them.
    always reasonable

  15. #15
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hartford, CT

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    http://www.pinetarpress.com/?p=7980


    ELIER HERNÁNDEZ(Legit 5 Tool #1 Ranked player in International Market)OFR/R6′ 4″19511/21/1994
    HELSIN MARTINEZ(Special Power and Speed, ranked #2 in International Market)OFR/R6′ 5″1902/27/1995
    MANUEL MARCOS(Combines speed and power, Future CF and 5 tool projection)OFL/R6′ 0″17511/28/1994
    ADELIN SANTA(Physical specimen, known for his hitting and power)3BR/R6′ 3″1906/1/1995
    RONALD SOTO(Big body and Power)3BR/R6′ 3″20010/5/1994
    JOHAN HERRERA3BL/R6′ 2″1856/14/1995
    CARLOS BELONI(Father Major Leaguer, American born, speed and gap power)SSR/R6′ 3″1758/19/1994
    GALVIN MOSCAT(One of the strongest arms in market, projects to be a corner outfielder with plus power)SSR/R6’21856/29/1994
    WARNER FRANCOSSS/R6′ 2″17012/12/1994
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994

    seeing the age on some of these kids makes me feel old.
    I want Bill Pujols for his name alone. Bill. Pujols. There's just something magical about it.

    Santa the Specimen sounds like a winner as well.

    Come to think of it, I'm with awy. Sign them all, please.

  16. #16

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    at least act as heavy spenders so that top kids can be attracted to explore the yankees option seriously, instead of being led by their handlers to whatever "relationship" deal that may not even be best for them.
    Now you are being ridiculous. The Yankees are always one of the biggest spending teams in IFA. Just because they didn't see a kid worth as much as Sanchez last year doesn't mean they won't spend
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  17. #17

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86 View Post
    Now you are being ridiculous. The Yankees are always one of the biggest spending teams in IFA. Just because they didn't see a kid worth as much as Sanchez last year doesn't mean they won't spend
    In 2010, the Yankees spent more money except one team on IFA prospects and that information came from Baseball America.

  18. #18

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    i of course know that, and i also know that as other teams have increased their presence in that market the yankees need to do MORE and stay in front MORE, if they are still in front at all.


    if you are a top IFA looking for the best entry into the majors, the yankees are not the clear first choice. that needs to change.
    always reasonable

  19. #19
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    BILL PUJOLS(Pedroia type, consistent across the board. Technically sound in all facets)SSR/R5′ 11″1557/19/1994
    This guy can't possibly be real.

  20. #20

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    i of course know that, and i also know that as other teams have increased their presence in that market the yankees need to do MORE and stay in front MORE, if they are still in front at all.


    if you are a top IFA looking for the best entry into the majors, the yankees are not the clear first choice. that needs to change.

    again, this is straight nonsense. the yankees top pretty much everyone's list.the only team even remotely close to the yankees is the mariners. you dont think every agent and every buscone does everything in thier power to have thier player play in the yankees facility in front of yankee scouts?
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  21. #21

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    judging by the signing results of these past few years, other teams have gotten the top billing prospects.

    no, getting 1 guy per year of that caliber is not exactly being the best.
    always reasonable

  22. #22

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by awy View Post
    judging by the signing results of these past few years, other teams have gotten the top billing prospects.

    no, getting 1 guy per year of that caliber is not exactly being the best.

    just because players took more money from another team doesnt mean the yankees arent the best. there's far more to being the best than just throwing piles of money at people
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

  23. #23

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    when you have piles of money and not using it, it does not make sense. especially if we are talking about players that they actually like and only lost out on cash. the marginal cost/benefit does not add up whatsoever.
    always reasonable

  24. #24

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Didn't the Yankees throw the most money at Miguel Cabrera & Felix & they got turned down anyway?

  25. #25
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hartford, CT

    Re: 2011 International Free Agent Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    This guy can't possibly be real.
    Stop tryin' to stomp out my dream, tek. He's real, and dammit, he'll wear Pinstripes!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts