+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Re: 2011-12 College Basketball Season

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    Broken wrist for Kendall Marshall....well thats it for their season. Bye bye UNC.
    That's rough. My favorite player in college to watch, also probably ruins my bracket, I'm in 1st but no margin for error with Mizzou already out.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Legend

Did anybody notice how empty the arena was for the Xavier-Lehigh game? I mean, it's great when a #15 beats a #2, but it really kills the buzz for the game after.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees13 View Post
    Sick of refs making themselves the story. I don't care what the rule is, I've never seen that call in my life and now I've seen it twice in two days in game-changing situations.
    this happened to USF twice in the span of a couple minutes last night...which was a 10 point swing.

they ruled a technical foul on Poland for hanging on the rim (he was trying to get his feet under him so that he wouldn't land on his back), and then they called a flagrant foul on Rudd for catching the opposing player's jersey as he ran him through a screen.

i mean, yeah, call the foul. but a flagrant? REALLY?

Sad stuff, but obviously this type of behavior isn't isolated to UNC fans.

http://dailybigten.com/2012/03/18/de...lina-loses-it/

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Sad stuff, but obviously this type of behavior isn't isolated to UNC fans.

http://dailybigten.com/2012/03/18/de...lina-loses-it/
    I certainly dont condone that behavior....but as a UNC fan, I understand why everyone's upset (including me). The foul on Marshall was a cheap shot and a completely dirty play. In fact, Creighton was taking cheap shots at UNC players the entire 2nd half.

I certainly dont condone that behavior....but as a UNC fan, I understand why everyone's upset (including me). The foul on Marshall was a cheap shot and a completely dirty play. In fact, Creighton was taking cheap shots at UNC players the entire 2nd half.

The Greg Echenique forearm shiver was ridiculous.

I dont think I've ever enjoyed a win in a Sweet 16 game less. UNC is so screwed w/o Marshall...not that this was a surprise to anyone who understands this current UNC team. Great game by Zeller and Bullock stepped up big, but the PG play was predictably awful...and wtf Harrison Barnes.

Kansas will beat them by 25. Hoping for a NC State win...honestly I dont think UNC would even beat them w/o Marshall.

Emotional Warrior BroadwayBomber55's Avatar

Louisville punched their ticket to New Orleans after outlasting Florida 72-68.

It took a 23-8 run with 8 minutes to go for the Cardinals to win over the Gators in the end despite the Gators shooting 7 for 10 from 3-point range vs. Louisville's zone defense. After Rick Pitino switched to a man-to-man defense, the Gators went 1 for 10 from downtown.

Russ Smith came off the bench and scored 19 for L'Ville with Chane Behanan adding 17.

The Gators had 5 in double figures including Erik Murphy who had 14, but their bench was outscored 22-5 and poor free throw shooting (12 for 18 to L'Ville's 12-15) also cost Billy Donovan and the Gators the West Regional title.

Louisville await the winner of the South Region between Kentucky and Baylor in one national semifinal.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.
    Every year is The Year. Go Yankees.

I dont think I've ever enjoyed a win in a Sweet 16 game less. UNC is so screwed w/o Marshall...not that this was a surprise to anyone who understands this current UNC team. Great game by Zeller and Bullock stepped up big, but the PG play was predictably awful...and wtf Harrison Barnes.

Kansas will beat them by 25. Hoping for a NC State win...honestly I dont think UNC would even beat them w/o Marshall.
    But you may never know with Kansas. Under Bill Self, the Jayhawks made the Final Four only once and that was in the 2008 National title game where Memphis bricked their way to a loss.

As for Carolina, Reggie Bullock could be the one who steadied the ship like Rashad McCants did in the 2004-05 season.

Also, Harrison Barnes, step up your game.

I also think the Tar Heels need to sink their free throws. 14 out of 24 is not going to get it done against KU.
    It's not the 27 World Championships that drive the New York Yankees. It's the 28th.

Down goes Syracuse!

Ohio State beats them 77-70.

The Buckeyes killed the Orange on the glass outrebounding them 37-22 including 13-6 on the offensive glass.

Jared Sullinger had 19 points and 7 rebounds. Lenzelle Smith, Jr. added 18 points.

Deshaun Thomas and William Buford also went double figures for the Thad Motta's men.

So, Michigan State and Syracuse are the #1 seeds that are bounced out.

Can this be a repeat of the 2006 tournament where all #1 seeds were eliminated before the Final Four?

Punch Kentucky's ticket to New Orleans in the Final Four.

Only one spot remaining, the winner between Kansas and North Carolina from the Midwest region.

UNC hanging in there...playing much better then I expected thus far. Getting good efforts from almost everyone. Barnes hasnt stepped up all season, now would be a nice time for it.

UNC hanging in there...playing much better then I expected thus far. Getting good efforts from almost everyone. Barnes hasnt stepped up all season, now would be a nice time for it.
    The Tar Heels also need to get to the line more often. The Jayhawks have Jeff Withey, Thomas Robinson and Kevin Young with 3 fouls each.

They also need to knock down some more treys.

Well thats it. As predicted, the loss of Marshall is too big. A big FU to Barnes for again doing nothing today....please leave school and enjoy your nothing NBA career so I dont have to deal with watching you next year again.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Well thats it. As predicted, the loss of Marshall is too big. A big FU to Barnes for again doing nothing today....please leave school and enjoy your nothing NBA career so I dont have to deal with watching you next year again.
    He looked mentally checked out (which I think he did after Marshall was not going to play), but it wasn't in the cards, hell Henson rolled his ankle and was limited to 25 minutes and Im sure he wasn't at his best in those minutes. Bullock tweaked his past injured knee in the Ohio game and wasnt 100% (and he looked it), Marshall gets a broken wrist in the tourney, Henson's sprained wrist is still healing, lose our best 3 pt shooter from last year preseason, and our fastest defending 2 guard in January. If it wasn't for Skyler Lin, Watts, Zeller and McAdoo this close game would have been a blowout. Marshall's absence was extremely clear in the last 3 minutes.

Now, I have to hear what a great coach Self is because he beat a hobbled UNC team. Please. Where were all these people last year when Self lost with that team.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

To be fair to Barnes, he is just a kid. We've seen bigger and better players hide from the moment in the NBA and all in all, he did have a pretty decent career.

I think the Tournament gathers too much weight, in regards to how players/coaches are evaluated.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    He looked mentally checked out (which I think he did after Marshall was not going to play), but it wasn't in the cards, hell Henson rolled his ankle and was limited to 25 minutes and Im sure he wasn't at his best in those minutes. Bullock tweaked his past injured knee in the Ohio game and wasnt 100% (and he looked it), Marshall gets a broken wrist in the tourney, Henson's sprained wrist is still healing, lose our best 3 pt shooter from last year preseason, and our fastest defending 2 guard in January. If it wasn't for Skyler Lin, Watts, Zeller and McAdoo this close game would have been a blowout. Marshall's absence was extremely clear in the last 3 minutes.

Now, I have to hear what a great coach Self is because he beat a hobbled UNC team. Please. Where were all these people last year when Self lost with that team.
    Looking back on it...it feels like these last two seasons have been missed opportunities. I remember after losing to Kentucky last year I wasnt crushed because I believed Zeller, Henson and Barnes would all be back. Add that to the incoming class...and I was confident this season would really be our year. But now I have to say last year was a missed chance too because that team was better then Kentucky.....I think they played way above their heads in that game. Whatever...it happens.

This year has just been an unbelievable amount of bad luck w injuries. A healthy UNC team smokes Kansas, I have no doubts. If Barnes stepped up even a bit, they still would have won minus Marshall and a hobbled Henson.

Its just a waste because now this group is broken up for good. Marshall will be back....thats it. Who will he be setting up next year? Who's the big time scorers? rebounders? defenders? The team next year will have nice complimentary pieces (Bullock, a healthy Strickland and McDonald, Hairston etc.) but no big time players. McAdoo isnt close to that level yet.

It seems to me next year's team doesnt really have a chance to compete with the top teams. Which makes falling short the past two years hurt even more.

It seems to me next year's team doesnt really have a chance to compete with the top teams. Which makes falling short the past two years hurt even more.
    Its those teams that suprise you the most. Ask Kansas this year. I think McAdoo could be our version of Robinson next year. As for that Kentucky team last year, they were better than us last year. Harrellson turned out to be legit.

I don't think it'll happen, but I would love to snatch up Oriakhi.

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Its those teams that suprise you the most. Ask Kansas this year. I think McAdoo could be our version of Robinson next year. As for that Kentucky team last year, they were better than us last year. Harrellson turned out to be legit.

I don't think it'll happen, but I would love to snatch up Oriakhi.
    Well I figured Barnes and Henson would bolt....but Marshall is leaving now too. Yikes. Looks like an NIT season next year.

Well I figured Barnes and Henson would bolt....but Marshall is leaving now too. Yikes. Looks like an NIT season next year.
    We'll be fine. Roy was able to coach up a 3rd string freshman pg and a 5th year senior into being competitive for the tourney with a weeks notice. He is getting Strick and McDonald back, with one of the better PG recruits (Paige) in the nation coming in next year. McAdoo might go beast mode now that he is the number 1 option(if he comes back).

IMO- we are going to be in the mold of what Florida/Mizzou/Marquette was this year. Not a bad thing.

Back to the title game..credit to Louisville though, those guys wouldnt lay down. Good game.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Go Kentucky!

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    Go Kentucky!
    Since every time UK goes all the way so do the Yankees, I'm with you.
    Go Wildcats!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

I like Kentucky tonight. If the Wildcats can rebound and play solid defense in the paint and on the perimeter they should win.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Since every time UK goes all the way so do the Yankees, I'm with you.
    Go Wildcats!
    All but one. But it's a streak of 6 UK + NYY titles.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Thread Information