+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 421 FirstFirst ... 219 269 309 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 329 369 419 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,975 of 10501
    NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Dustin Pedroia is incredibly unattractive.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Thanks Mr. Coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    Immensely.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF MVP

From 39 million for Nap to 5+ incentives...his hip must be jacked up.

NYYF Legend

Obviously if the Red Sox had been doing anything shady, the player's union or Napoli's agent would have cried foul a long time ago. The lack of anything of that type is a good indication that the medical concerns were real. A one year contract at $5 million plus incentives is so far from what was agreed upon that there must be some real current or potential problems with that hip.

Quote Originally Posted by eaganmafia View Post
    From 39 million for Nap to 5+ incentives...his hip must be jacked up.
    "he incentives could increase the value of the deal to $13MM, Bradford reports. It's a strict one-year deal, according to WEEI."

So, not quite a drop down if he can stay on the field.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "he incentives could increase the value of the deal to $13MM, Bradford reports. It's a strict one-year deal, according to WEEI."

So, not quite a drop down if he can stay on the field.
    I was wondering about that. So, essentially, he accepted most of the risk on the hip. I read that Texas offered more money, but I wonder if the Red Sox offered the highest potential value.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Addicted Member

Napoli got 2nd/3rd opinions on hip, confirming 1st. Tough guy. Tough situation. Belief is, he'll tough out in '13
    https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS/sta...31157707255809

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    Don't worry. We have Lackey and Buccholz to counteract the hideousness that is Dustin Pedroia.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    Explains why they got rid of Youk quickly :-)
    [SIZE=3]"Scooter - RIP and thank you for being part of my childhood"[/SIZE]

Really needed that visual, Mr. Coffee. Thanks a whole lot...

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    Don't worry. We have Lackey and Buccholz to counteract the hideousness that is Dustin Pedroia.
    Ahahahaha! Too bad Julian Tavarez retired...

As a straight man, I often have a difficult time telling whether other men are attractive, but I feel like I have a good handle on the extremes (that's what SHE said! OHHHHH!). For example, I don't have to be told that George Clooney or Bronson'sCornrows are extremely attractive men; we simply are, and it's too obvious to even think about. By that same token, I also never had to be told that Carrot Top or *insert your least favorite poster here* are extremely ugly; the contorted pain they foist upon my ocular synapses is sufficient. On that note, Buchholz definitely has a little bit of the uggs going on. Having grown up in a ghetto ................hole, he looks very much like any number of crack babies I went to school with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    By that same token, I also never had to be told that Carrot Top or *insert your least favorite poster here* are extremely ugly; the contorted pain they foist upon my ocular synapses is sufficient. On that note, Buchholz definitely has a little bit of the uggs going on. Having grown up in a ghetto ................hole, he looks very much like any number of crack babies I went to school with.
    Reminds me of Mickey Rivers' description of Danny Napoleon: "He's so ugly, when you walked by him, your pants wrinkle. He made fly balls curve foul."

And even Danny Napoleon was no Don Mossi.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Jim Bouton on Joe Torre in Ball Four: "I'd include a picture of him in the book, but his face melts camera lenses"
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by pjfan View Post
    Not to mention Vincente Padilla and Pedro Ciriaco. That's not to say that the Yanks are full of Brad Pitts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Jim Bouton on Joe Torre in Ball Four: "I'd include a picture of him in the book, but his face melts camera lenses"
    IIRC, he was explaining why it was so funny when a player described a woman as looking "like Joe Torre with t*ts."

That was back when Torre was still a fat catcher with the Braves. It wasn't a good look.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by ArodEra View Post
    Not to mention Vincente Padilla and Pedro Ciriaco. That's not to say that the Yanks are full of Brad Pitts.

I think Padilla signed with a team in Japan for 2013.

Good move-- if he needs extra cash he can make a movie where he fights Godzilla.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Good move-- if he needs extra cash he can make a movie where he fights Godzilla.
    or plays Godzilla
    “Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”—Billy Martin

Well, that sucks because I loved rooting against him. Best of luck to him in those Japanese creature flicks.

"Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling - whose video game company underwent a spectacular collapse into bankruptcy last year - is selling the blood-stained sock he wore during the 2004 World Series."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/schilli...5269--mlb.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling - whose video game company underwent a spectacular collapse into bankruptcy last year - is selling the blood-stained sock he wore during the 2004 World Series."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/schilli...5269--mlb.html
    "Would you like fries with your ketchup?"

NYYF Legend

He wore the blood-stained sock in Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Was the sock he wore in game 2 of the WS blood-stained as well? I only remember one sock, but maybe there was two. Those types of details fade from the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8 View Post
    He wore the blood-stained sock in Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS. Was the sock he wore in game 2 of the WS blood-stained as well? I only remember one sock, but maybe there was two. Those types of details fade from the memory.
    It's probably hard for him to keep track of which time he pretended to be bleeding into his sock.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8 View Post
    Apparently, the more memorable sock was tossed into the trash...

The other was from Game 6 of the American League Championship Series, when Schilling pitched against the New York Yankees with an injured ankle. That sock is said to have been discarded in the trash at Yankees Stadium.
    Talk about throwing money away
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

This is true, but most of you missed the most important point; that I, along with Tom Brady and Usher, are extremely handsome men. In fact, I recently sent in an application to Jimmy Kimmel and expect to hear back from him very shortly.

Thread Information