+ Reply to Thread
Page 310 of 410 FirstFirst ... 210 260 300 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 320 360 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,750 of 10239
    NYYF Legend

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Yankees have offered Youkilis 1 year x $12 million. Every team has to overpay this year. $12 million for a corner infielder with an OPS+ of 99.

If he signs with the Yanks, though, I will find that to be funny. The Yankees fans, who hated him so much, will find out there is much to like about Youkilis. What irony when the first chants of "Youkkkksss" goes up in Yankee Stadium. And that video of Youkilis getting into the fight with the pitcher will be retired. And I'm sure Youks will become fast friends with Joba.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8 View Post
    Yankees have offered Youkilis 1 year x $12 million. Every team has to overpay this year. $12 million for a corner infielder with an OPS+ of 99.

If he signs with the Yanks, though, I will find that to be funny. The Yankees fans, who hated him so much, will find out there is much to like about Youkilis. What irony when the first chants of "Youkkkksss" goes up in Yankee Stadium. And that video of Youkilis getting into the fight with the pitcher will be retired. And I'm sure Youks will become fast friends with Joba.
    You sound a little hurt Tommy.

Assuming it's actually real, I'll find it funnier if Youkilis puts up significantly better numbers next year than Middlebrooks.

And, if they win, it will not be diminished one iota because this doofus was a part of it.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

It could be worse. They could have signed a corner OF to a 3/39 deal coming off an OPS+ of 91.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Assuming it's actually real, I'll find it funnier if Youkilis puts up significantly better numbers next year than Middlebrooks.

And, if they win, it will not be diminished one iota because this doofus was a part of it.
    If he ends up on the Yanks, he better quit his whining, bitching at every call crap.

NYYF Legend

Youkilis will not change, and the Yankee fans will like it if he puts on pinstripes.

Yes, I still like Youkilis. I always will, even if he goes to the Yankees. The Red Sox cut him loose and not vice-versa. I will tell you that he's not the same player, both in the field and at the plate, as he was even just a couple years ago.

This is why some of us have viewed this thread as entertainment for years; Tommy's butthurt pontifications about the Yankees
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

EvilEmpireDC: Fans bitch about anything lol

NYYF Legend

Chacon are you saying you guys won't embrace Youkilis if he puts on pinstripes?

You guys had nothing good to say about Johnny Damon prior to 2006, either. He was one of the chief "idiots" from 2004, and drove the nail into the coffin in Game 7. But he was loved in NY when he came over. Yeah, I think you guys will like Youkilis a lot if he comes. He's intense and he competes everyday and he's a lot like Paul O'Neill. He plays like he wants to win. Everyday.

And it goes the other way, too. I never thought I would like Boomer Wells, for sure. And I would have no hesitation if Nick Swisher was signed, not one bit.

As to the point of Victorino with a 91 OPS+ last year, I agree the Red Sox overpaid. But they did have to pay him as a centerfield since he can play center and he's good defensively. He also stole 39 bases last year. He made $9.5 million last year, and the Red Sox are paying for the WAR, which is much higher than Youkilis the last two years.

Completely missing the point - Check
    Random 2004 mention -Check

Vintage Tommy
    “He's a clown. Guy says he's from the 209, what the ................ is that?

-CC Sabathia on Dallas Braden

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chacon View Post
    Completely missing the point - Check
    Random 2004 mention -Check

Vintage Tommy
    So true. So transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    So true. So transparent.

Can't blame him for hanging on the past when his team has no present or near future.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Cy Young

Can't blame him for hanging on the past when his team has no present or near future.
    Yankees aren't too far away from that themselves.

NYYF Legend

In other news, another free agent signing by the Red Sox, and this time I love it.

One year deal for Koji Uehara.

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Yankees aren't too far away from that themselves.
    The Yankees are about to enter a 5 year playoff drought?
    Team Northern Lights

Uehara is an excellent pitcher.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Uehara is an excellent pitcher.
    When he's healthy.

NYYF Cy Young

The Yankees are about to enter a 5 year playoff drought?
    I said that?

NYYF Legend

God, I hate these signings so far. Just because you have moey doesn't mean you have to squander it. It's probably not quite as bad as I first thought because the needle does seem to have jumped quite a bit in terms of the average salary, but still...overpaying for declining veterans? Has that ever been a winning formula for anybody? I find it hard to believe that the Red Sox couldn't have found someone much cheaper to duplicate Victorino's sure to be lousy season.

If the team is going to struggle, which they will, then give me young, hungry players that I can root for and watch their development. Watching overpaid, declining players? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    I said that?
    Not directly, but considering what I was referring to, it could be implied.
    Team Northern Lights

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by snapple View Post
    That guy is so great.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Youkilis will not change, and the Yankee fans will like it if he puts on pinstripes.

Yes, I still like Youkilis. I always will, even if he goes to the Yankees. The Red Sox cut him loose and not vice-versa. I will tell you that he's not the same player, both in the field and at the plate, as he was even just a couple years ago.
    If he produces Yankee fans will love him. If he sucks Yanks fans won't be very forgiving.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Maybe Tommy is Bobby jr. in drag
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

NYYF Legend

I am going to remain in a good mood no matter what anyone says tonight. The Knicks blew out the Heat tonight in Miami. I had no idea that whooping LeBron would put me in such a good mood. 14-4. I am starting to think the Knicks are for real. My whole life, rooting for the Knicks and the Jets was the perfect segueway between baseball seasons. It ensured that I was consistently frustrated all year round. But the Knicks look really good so far this year.

Thread Information