+ Reply to Thread
Page 255 of 422 FirstFirst ... 155 205 245 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 265 305 355 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 10527
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cupcollector99 View Post
    I know they still have a mathematical chance at a wildcard, but maybe they should have taken the trade deadline seriously and made some moves with a focus on the future.
    No, no, no, the Epic Run (TM) has yet to begin!
    Life is good!

15 44 23 51 42

Quote Originally Posted by cupcollector99 View Post
    I know they still have a mathematical chance at a wildcard, but maybe they should have taken the trade deadline seriously and made some moves with a focus on the future.
    Mathematical chance... I suppose ... about the same as the Mariners' mathematical chance:

Red Sox 59-63
    Mariners 58-64

And almost as close to the last place Twins (Red Sox are 8 games ahead of them) as to the second WC (Red Sox are 7.5 out of that).

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    And now Shoppach says he didn't send the texts and also didn't attend the meeting because he was still in Texas. This just keeps getting better and better.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...-red-sox-brass
    Amazing. This has become a circular firing squad and I, for one, am enjoying it immensely.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by gregzzy22 View Post
    Bobby's constant grin, as I watch his post game interview, would irritate me to no ends if he was the manager of my favorite team. So annoying
    I've noticed that and it is very annoying. It makes me want to slap his face.

Quote Originally Posted by smr15 View Post
    That whole story just makes zero sense.
    It makes perfect sense. In RSN, you blame everything on the guy who just got traded. Doesn't matter if it's Kelly Shoppach or Nomar Garciaparra, the principle is always the same.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    It makes perfect sense. In RSN, you blame everything on the guy who just got traded. Doesn't matter if it's Kelly Shoppach or Nomar Garciaparra, the principle is always the same.
    I guess the next time they try to blame the guy who was just traded, they should probably make sure he was in town at the time the text was sent. This mess is worse than the the Bronx Zoo.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    They are in free fall. 5-13 in August.

Shocking really,that team is loaded with talent.

That's the best thing about their meltdown. They're a talented , ( overpaid in many cases ) group that is grossly underperforming

It's the exact opposite of the " little train that could " nonsense spouted by Lucky and the long standing dirt dog myth. They're a dysfunctional organization- starting from the top down

Joshie will be gone before next year, but that's not gonna solve their problems
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I guess the next time they try to blame the guy who was just traded, they should probably make sure he was in town at the time the text was sent. This mess is worse than the the Bronx Zoo.
    I'm surprised they haven't called Shoppach a thief who stole Gonzalez' phone. Maybe they're saving that one for when it's time to get rid of Buchholz.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't called Shoppach a thief who stole Gonzalez' phone. Maybe they're saving that one for when it's time to get rid of Buchholz.

that whole story is ridiculous...LL blaming the media is laughable as well. What a mess that organization is...

I heard Shoppach also set up Melky's website. And is causing global warming.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I heard Shoppach also set up Melky's website. And is causing global warming.
    Right on the first, but global warming is still A-Rod's fault.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    Right on the first, but global warming is still A-Rod's fault.
    it would only be more perfect if A-Rod was from Canada...

Leaked from the Sox:

27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

If you want to amuse yourself, go to sosh.net and look through the Sunday night game gamethread.
    All they do is whine about the short porch. I find it so amusing that a team that plays in a park with the green monster complains about the short porch in YS.
    David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia making careers of dinking the monster for doubles that would be outs anywhere else, and hitting 320 foot fly ball homers that may not even be deep enough to be sac flies elsewhere is perfectly fine.
    But the Yankees hitting balls over a short porch in our stadium is inherently unfair.
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    If you want to amuse yourself, go to sosh.net and look through the Sunday night game gamethread.
    All they do is whine about the short porch. I find it so amusing that a team that plays in a park with the green monster complains about the short porch in YS.
    David Ortiz and Dustin Pedroia making careers of dinking the monster for doubles that would be outs anywhere else, and hitting 320 foot fly ball homers that may not even be deep enough to be sac flies elsewhere is perfectly fine.
    But the Yankees hitting balls over a short porch in our stadium is inherently unfair.
    It's not just Sunday - that's a constant theme and playing in the park they do, I always think the same thing...

Mr C you should tweet that to Shoppach.

Quote Originally Posted by aeromac76 View Post
    My understanding was the YS gives HRs to right, but dampens doubles and eliminates triples, thus making it a pitcher's park. But I'll admit I haven't looked since 2010ish.

The little Fenway Fraud got an MVP out of that stupid park.
    Team Northern Lights

Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    My understanding was the YS gives HRs to right, but dampens doubles and eliminates triples, thus making it a pitcher's park. But I'll admit I haven't looked since 2010ish.

The little Fenway Fraud got an MVP out of that stupid park.
    I could be wrong, but I think it ends up being pretty much a neutral park.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasepassthesoup View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think it ends up being pretty much a neutral park.
    It's the only park I can think of that rewards pop flies and penalizes hard-hit liners.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

It's the only park I can think of that rewards pop flies and penalizes hard-hit liners.
    Sorry if i was unclear. I meant New Yankee Stadium is neutral. Fenway is a joke.

Devoted Member

Schilling calls Chafee 'dunce of epic proportions
    http://www.boston.com/business/news/...baN/story.html

Playing with fire.
    Plays the game the wrong way.

"Carl Crawford has a chronic left elbow ulnar collateral ligament tear. While he has been following a conservative treatment protocol and playing with this injury, his symptoms are getting worse.
    After consultation with the Boston Red Sox medical staff and with Dr. James Andrews, the decision has been made to proceed with a left elbow ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction (Tommy John surgery). The surgery will be performed by Dr. Andrews on Thursday, August 23. We expect Carl to make a full recovery.
    "

We just moved down the road from Andrews office...

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "Carl Crawford has a chronic left elbow ulnar collateral ligament tear. While he has been following a conservative treatment protocol and playing with this injury, his symptoms are getting worse.
    After consultation with the Boston Red Sox medical staff and with Dr. James Andrews, the decision has been made to proceed with a left elbow ulnar collateral ligament reconstruction (Tommy John surgery). The surgery will be performed by Dr. Andrews on Thursday, August 23. We expect Carl to make a full recovery.
    "

We just moved down the road from Andrews office...
    And was that posted on his door or something?
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi Buffon View Post
    Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I guess Schilling was feeling left out listening to all of the BS his former teammates and org were spewing out so he decided to join the fun.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...ing-coach-duty

The Boston Red Sox announced Monday that pitching coach Bob McClure has been relieved of his duties, and Red Sox assistant pitching coach Randy Niemann will serve as interim pitching coach for the remainder of the season.
    Neimann, 56, is in his first season with the Red Sox and was manager Bobby Valentine's lone coaching hire during the offseason.
    That ought to settle things down in the clubhouse.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...ing-coach-duty

That ought to settle things down in the clubhouse.
    2 pitching coaches (with one who the manager doesn't talk to )- hard to believe that didn't work out for them

Let's hope that LL is moving toward the " Valentine just didn't have enough power " paradigm

Thread Information