+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 421 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 264 304 354 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 10524
  1. #6326

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Bobby " Dead Man Walking " Valentine
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  2. #6327
    22 gregzzy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Bobby's constant grin, as I watch his post game interview, would irritate me to no ends if he was the manager of my favorite team. So annoying
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

  3. #6328
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Bobby sounds despondent. Looks more like he's trying to hide his emotions behind that grin. He did spend a long time in Japan and some of that stoicism may have rubbed off on him.

    If you were in his position would you quit at the end of the season? or no? and why

  4. #6329
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Simple question: with a change of manager, but no real change in roster, the Red Sox are serious challengers in 2013?

    Yes or no?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  5. #6330

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Simple question: with a change of manager, but no real change in roster, the Red Sox are serious challengers in 2013?

    Yes or no?
    I wouldn't discount wild card because I still think they have a better roster than Baltimore or Oakland, but man Lester and Beckett have been bad. I would never have seen that coming, so I wouldn't know what to expect going forward.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

  6. #6331

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Simple question: with a change of manager, but no real change in roster, the Red Sox are serious challengers in 2013?

    Yes or no?
    From reading this forum, there's probably those here who are still worried about them THIS year.

    Because of the new, horrible, second wild card team, most teams will always be in contention. The sox' core + financial leverage + fenway park will generally keep them in it. But a new manager is not going to make the pitchers pitch better. Lackey returns next year and Crawford (I believe) has to have TJ surgery and miss some of the season. So, yes, they could be in contention, and then the playoffs reset the switch and all the luck, timing, and other general baseball BS kicks in.

    But, I didn't fear the healthy version of this team in ST, so I can't change my mind on that, especially since the layers have been peeled pack to show just how much of a bunch of jerks inhabit that clubhouse.
    Team Northern Lights

  7. #6332
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    baltimore, md

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    so long as Boston can get league avg SP (shave off approx 1/2 an ER per game), they'll be right back in the thick of it. too many decent to good hitters on the roster that either know how to or will figure out how to utilize that ball park.

    they're toast this year. but i'd consider them a primary WC contender next year. absolutely. and Valentine will walk away this off season. he won't be fired because mgmt won't do it considering the reason he was brought in. but there'll be a 'compromise' reached btwn players and mgmt, and a better skipper will come in as a result...

  8. #6333
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Simple question: with a change of manager, but no real change in roster, the Red Sox are serious challengers in 2013?

    Yes or no?
    Only if Lester and Beckett pitch a lot better.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  9. #6334

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    This video and its title pretty much sum up everything:


  10. #6335

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    "Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.
    "

    Makes sense- have him ready for next year ( and a new debilitating injury ) .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  11. #6336
    Your 2014 NY Yankees JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Guam

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.
    "

    Makes sense- have him ready for next year ( and a new debilitating injury ) .
    What impact will this have on the pending epic run?
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

  12. #6337
    NYYF Legend

    b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    "Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe
    Source: Carl Crawford is planning to ask the #RedSox to allow him to have Tommy John surgery next week.
    "

    Makes sense- have him ready for next year ( and a new debilitating injury ) .
    I don't understand why he has to ask the team...you'd think they team would tell him to have it now..

  13. #6338
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    If good Beckett turns up tomorrow, I'm gonna smack someone.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  14. #6339

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    If good Beckett turns up tomorrow, I'm gonna smack someone.
    Take comfort in the fact that it really doesn't matter.
    Team Northern Lights

  15. #6340

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    If good Beckett turns up tomorrow, I'm gonna smack someone.
    Don't worry, no matter how he pitches he'll still be Josh Beckett (and you know what I mean).
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  16. #6341
    1931-2011 hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfBall55 View Post
    Take comfort in the fact that it really doesn't matter.
    It matters in the sense that the Rays don't suck, especially with the Angels doing their customary "We'll be little bendover bitches for whoever is chasing the Yankees" routine.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

  17. #6342
    Better than you teknetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NJ

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Former Boston Red Sox catcher Kelly Shoppach, not first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, was behind the text message sent to team ownership in late-July that complained about manager Bobby Valentine, the New York Daily News has reported.
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...-red-sox-brass

    Posters on SoSH were saying it was Shoppach shortly after the leak, not sure how they came to that conclusion, but looks like they were right*. Guess that explains the trade, but why the hell would Kelly Shoppach complain to the FO?

    *the text was sent from Gonzalez's phone, so there's that. What a bunch of colossal douchebags these guys are.

  18. #6343

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...-red-sox-brass

    Posters on SoSH were saying it was Shoppach shortly after the leak, not sure how they came to that conclusion, but looks like they were right*. Guess that explains the trade, but why the hell would Kelly Shoppach complain to the FO?

    *the text was sent from Gonzalez's phone, so there's that. What a bunch of colossal douchebags these guys are.
    Kind of convenient that the guy who was just traded happened to be the source of the text. Sounds to me like some patented Red Sox leaking going on, especially since the text originates from Gonzalez' phone.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

  19. #6344

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...-red-sox-brass

    Posters on SoSH were saying it was Shoppach shortly after the leak, not sure how they came to that conclusion, but looks like they were right*. Guess that explains the trade, but why the hell would Kelly Shoppach complain to the FO?

    *the text was sent from Gonzalez's phone, so there's that. What a bunch of colossal douchebags these guys are.
    "One member of the group, according to the newspaper, believed the only way to solve their problem with Valentine was to take it up with ownership, and Gonzalez -- the highest-paid player on the team -- felt it would be best if that text message came from his phone."

    It came from his phone, apparently w/ his consent, but he had nothing to do with the message......

    For a FO that specializes in CYA after the fact spin, you'd think by this time they'd be better at it, but noooooo......
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

    MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

  20. #6345
    1931-2011 hellonewman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    Kind of convenient that the guy who was just traded happened to be the source of the text. Sounds to me like some patented Red Sox leaking going on, especially since the text originates from Gonzalez' phone.
    Bingo, I can say "Kill President Obama" and blame it on Mr. Coffee, but if the text threat came from my phone, it came from my phone. What a joke.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

  21. #6346

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Now, now...I'd certainly allow someone to use my phone to text a controversial message I don't support to the people who pay my salary. Wouldn't you?

  22. #6347
    NYYF Legend

    smr15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    West Milford, NJ

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    That whole story just makes zero sense.
    .Of all the things in life I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

  23. #6348
    Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jax

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    It matters in the sense that the Rays don't suck, especially with the Angels doing their customary "We'll be little bendover bitches for whoever is chasing the Yankees" routine.
    They are in free fall. 5-13 in August.

    Shocking really, that team is loaded with talent.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

  24. #6349
    NYYF Legend

    nhyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    New Hampshire

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    And now Shoppach says he didn't send the texts and also didn't attend the meeting because he was still in Texas. This just keeps getting better and better.

    "I'm really disappointed that my name was even brought up in that," Shoppach said after the Mets lost to the Nationals in Washington on Sunday. "I wasn't behind any texts. I actually didn't even attend the meeting. It was on an off day in New York and I stayed back in Texas with my family. I've already gotten a few text messages from former teammates apologizing that my name was even brought up in it.

    "Everybody that is involved in that whole situation knows that I had nothing to do with it. So, like I said, I'm a Met now. I'm really excited to be here, around a fun group of guys. And I wish the Red Sox nothing but well. I had a great time while I was there. But I'm a Met now and I'm excited about the opportunity here."
    http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...-red-sox-brass

  25. #6350
    NYYF HOF

    cupcollector99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    West of the sheep farm.

    Re: The Red Sox Thread

    I know they still have a mathematical chance at a wildcard, but maybe they should have taken the trade deadline seriously and made some moves with a focus on the future.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts