+ Reply to Thread
Page 246 of 410 FirstFirst ... 146 196 236 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 256 296 346 ... LastLast
Results 6,126 to 6,150 of 10234

Re: The Red Sox Thread

Given the history I understnd the focus on Boston. Howver, I maintain what I've said since Opening Day, the real threat to the Yankees in the division is Tampa, not Baltimore, not Toronto, not Boston

Forum Regular

Nice!

http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/t...ohn_lac_1.html

"Comcast Sports New England's Joe Haggerty reports that rehabbing Red Sox starter John Lackey, who has been traveling with the team while recovering from Tommy John surgery, was seen drinking in the Red Sox clubhouse after last night's 5-3 loss in Cleveland:

There were others that just donít seem to care about wins or losses anymore.
    Like John Lackey, who apparently needs to travel with the team and work with trainer Mike Reinold while recovering from Tommy John surgery Ė a fairly standard rehab that literally thousands of pitchers have come back from stronger-than-ever over the last 30 years.

But for whatever reason, the underachieving righty needs to travel with the team even though he wonít be throwing even one measly pitch for them.

Lackey was so busted up after the latest defeat that he was strutting around the clubhouse with a can of Bud Light in each hand, or what is known as ďdouble-fistingĒ on every college campus in the history of mankind.

So much for the Bobby Valentine ban on alcohol in the Sox clubhouse that was implemented during spring training."

While i think the actual impact of chicken, beer etc on the fortunes of the Red Sox was and is vastly overblown, its still amazing to see the disconnect between the players, the manager, management, and fan perception. Unbelieveable.

NYYF Legend

I don't see anything wrong with drinking a beer in the clubhouse after the game but I love that it seems to be creating another issue for the Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with drinking a beer in the clubhouse after the game but I love that it seems to be creating another issue for the Sox.
    It was ban for Fenway only. They can drink if they're on the road; it usually isn't a big deal, but after what happened last year, the guy obviously doesn't care and/or is stupid. Probably both.

There's also this:

Boston Dirt Dogs: Josh Beckett at the Bar at Beantown Pub Until 2 a.m. Monday Night

Did Red Sox starter Josh Beckett do everything he could to be in peak condition for his crucial start against the Texas Rangers in Wednesday's matinee at Fenway? Beckett was spotted belly-up-to-the-bar at the Beantown Pub on Tremont Steet until closing time, 2 a.m., Monday night. The Beantown Pub would not confirm that Beckett was in the establishment at the time reported.
    http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/201..._as_the_o.html

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic View Post
    It was ban for Fenway only. They can drink if they're on the road; it usually isn't a big deal, but after what happened last year, the guy obviously doesn't care and/or is stupid. Probably both.

There's also this:

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/201..._as_the_o.html
    He was there. A guy I work with saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    He was there. A guy I work with saw him.
    Nice.

Now Beckett is going to spend the next six months trying to find out who your friend is.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Although I hope whatever trance he put them under to hire him is still in place, as I really hope he's still around in '13.
    No "trance." Lucchino wanted a professional "Yankees suck" pot-stirrer to serve as a distraction from the franchise's troubles and Valentine fit the bill perfectly.

It's a bad baseball strategy but I don't think Lucchino/Henry had to be hoodwinked into it. It was Plan A all along IMO.

Whether V is back in 2013 or not will probably have a lot to do with how full/empty the stands are in September.
    Hank 'N Hal's Country Club -- where accountability is soooo 1990s!

NYYF Triple Crown

The ban on alcohol is the source of their struggles. It tastes great, makes women appear more attractive and makes a person virtually invulnerable to criticism.
    Burns: I wonder if this Homer Nixon is any relation?
    Smithers: Unlikely, sir. They spell and pronounce their names differently.

Beer is no big deal but double-fistIng Bud Light??!! Disgraceful.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellonewman View Post
    No "trance." Lucchino wanted a professional "Yankees suck" pot-stirrer to serve as a distraction from the franchise's troubles and Valentine fit the bill perfectly.

It's a bad baseball strategy but I don't think Lucchino/Henry had to be hoodwinked into it. It was Plan A all along IMO.

Whether V is back in 2013 or not will probably have a lot to do with how full/empty the stands are in September.
    The stands have been noticeably clearer for much of this year. The fact that they still have a "sellout" streak is a bit of a local joke
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Wil Middlebrooks broke his wrist last night and may be out for the year.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    The Aristocrats!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    At least they still have Beltre. I mean Youkilis. I mean...
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    You mean Ciriaco. The wrath has begun.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post

Broken wrist have long term recovery issues, as we will find with Alex. If I were the Red Sox FO, Crawford would be having TJ surgery tomorrow. Why delay it?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post

Broken wrist have long term recovery issues, as we will find with Alex. If I were the Red Sox FO, Crawford would be having TJ surgery tomorrow. Why delay it?
    Al broke a finger, no?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdvM0IB5Sbs

MICRO PASSIVE/MICRO AGGRESSIVE

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi View Post
    Al broke a finger, no?
    Hand.

Hand.
    If you knew it was the hand, why the comparison to Middlebrook's wrist? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    If you knew it was the hand, why the comparison to Middlebrook's wrist? I'm confused.
    Hitters tend get over finger injuries far quicker than hand/wrist injuries.

Hitters tend get over finger injuries far quicker than hand/wrist injuries.

His question was on point, there's a huge difference between hand and wrist injuries.

The wrist bones are small and compacted in a very small place. The problem w/ healing is the blood supply to the injured wrist bones. The type of injury Al had commonly heals w/o further complications

Attorney at Bird Law Bronson'sCornrows's Avatar

When did you guys start calling him Al? I'm so confused. This is what I get for not spending any time in ItL anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson'sCornrows View Post
    When did you guys start calling him Al? I'm so confused. This is what I get for not spending any time in ItL anymore.
    Very few fans call him that. But they seem to call him that in the clubhouse, and have for several years. I'm pretty sure it goes back to the Torre era, but Girardi in particular uses it a lot.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

"Out since July 17 with a strained Achillesí tendon, David Ortiz wants to come back and play for the Red Sox as soon as possible. However, he made it clear Sunday that heís thinking ahead to his upcoming free agency in deciding not to rush his return.

ďIf you go back and play sore, of course you could [tear it]. Itís not healed. Itís not ready and I donít want to run that risk,Ē Ortiz told CSNNE.comís Joe Haggerty. ďIím a free agent after this year and I donít want to have a surgery going into free agency.Ē
    "

That's the spirit!

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...gency-looming/

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

"Out since July 17 with a strained Achilles’ tendon, David Ortiz wants to come back and play for the Red Sox as soon as possible. However, he made it clear Sunday that he’s thinking ahead to his upcoming free agency in deciding not to rush his return.

“If you go back and play sore, of course you could [tear it]. It’s not healed. It’s not ready and I don’t want to run that risk,” Ortiz told CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty. “I’m a free agent after this year and I don’t want to have a surgery going into free agency.”
    "

That's the spirit!

In other words, eff you RS.

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

"Out since July 17 with a strained Achillesí tendon, David Ortiz wants to come back and play for the Red Sox as soon as possible. However, he made it clear Sunday that heís thinking ahead to his upcoming free agency in deciding not to rush his return.

ďIf you go back and play sore, of course you could [tear it]. Itís not healed. Itís not ready and I donít want to run that risk,Ē Ortiz told CSNNE.comís Joe Haggerty. ďIím a free agent after this year and I donít want to have a surgery going into free agency.Ē
    "

That's the spirit!

As a DH there are 4 or 5 times a game where you need to leave the safety of the beer and chicken in the clubhouse. On the DL you can always feel safe.
    I'm frantic... Jeter Ceremony Date - when will this be announced????

Thank goodness we now know.

Thread Information